Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Ok I think the fairest option would be to finish this season, if that meant going late into this year then so bit it. I think it would be far fairer to finish this season and if this messes up things up for the start of next season then next season should be void not this one. Could this option work?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Cant see the league starting again on April 3rd I work at a local council who have identified mid april as the peak although on TV tonight they have said it may even be June
I suspect that's why the leagues were trying to play on for as long as possible knowing this.

Unfortunately the high profile arteta and Hudson odoi cases meant they had to pull it.

Funny thing is you can still go 5o the pub theatre or cinema but not a football game in the open !

The Goventment is judging a decision because if they close things down they will e expected to compensate now it's the efl and epls problem
Same with sick pay at moment you self isolate
Already seeing people who are self employed ignoring this rule people are selfish and wont comply unless forced to

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edengreen":1moa8pmf said:
Cant see the league starting again on April 3rd I work at a local council who have identified mid april as the peak although on TV tonight they have said it may even be June
I suspect that's why the leagues were trying to play on for as long as possible knowing this.

Unfortunately the high profile arteta and Hudson odoi cases meant they had to pull it.

Funny thing is you can still go 5o the pub theatre or cinema but not a football game in the open !

The Goventment is judging a decision because if they close things down they will e expected to compensate now it's the efl and epls problem
Already seeing people who are self employed ignoring this rule people are selfish and wont comply unless forced to

?!
Plenty of people on zero hours contracts, working for organisations with draconian sickness penalties or who can't survive on meagre statutory sick pay will be going to work against every fibre in their body and the government (who are bankrolled by bug business, who in turn need their work force to keep making money for the man at the top) knows it.
Bet they can't wait to be completely free of eu law so they can make it even easier for employers to force sick people to make decisions between spreading a fatal disease or not eating.
Still, its a good job we'll have an extra 350 mill for the NHS at a time like this eh

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
up_the_line":1yigraqt said:
edengreen":1yigraqt said:

?!
Plenty of people on zero hours contracts, working for organisations with draconian sickness penalties or who can't survive on meagre statutory sick pay will be going to work against every fibre in their body and the government (who are bankrolled by bug business, who in turn need their work force to keep making money for the man at the top) knows it.
Bet they can't wait to be completely free of eu law so they can make it even easier for employers to force sick people to make decisions between spreading a fatal disease or not eating.
Still, its a good job we'll have an extra 350 mill for the NHS at a time like this eh

Twist what I said if you like ! This is the truth though I know plenty of self employed people who earn similar to me but pay far less tax because as a self employed plumber they need a land rover or Mercedes on pcp to reduce there tax bill instead of living within there means
Also as a result, some I know claim tax credits as their actual earnings fall below the threshold when there so called expenses are taken out !

Dont pay the tax dont moan about not taking the benefits

I did not mention zero hour contracts, and know very little of them so cant comment on that but these are not the people I was discussing

Aug 8, 2014
If they have to cancel the EFL here's the solution
Currently as all clubs have played equal games.
Championship top 2 promoted. Top 3 in league 1 promoted and league 2 promoted. Even the relegation in all the leagues are fair.
Bottom 2 in premier league to be replaced by current top 2 in championship. Villa will survive as they have a game in hand and not fair to penalise as they might not be able to play their game.
Unfortunately the play offs will have to be abandoned which is so unfair on those in the positions but let's be realistic the season won't restart.
The fair solution is this..... We've played 35+ games everyone is on an even keel...... It's unprecedented, hopefully never happen again but you can't just CANCEL 7/8 months hard work by all :scarf:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
most loopholes have been closed for the self employed and owners of small businesses. The employed get roughy 4 weeks holiday a year paid. There’s all the responsibility that comes along with being self employed, I’m sure a few perks are deserved.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
How about this as an option?

Amalgamate this season with next season.

Restart in August with each team starting on the points total that they have acquired this season to date. Each team having 38/46 games to play starting in August. The remaining games of this season are abandoned.

Seeing as not everyone has played the same number of matches this year, the games in hand that are currently outstanding get added to the fixture list next season and are played as additional fixtures to the 38/46 for those teams who are behind on games played at the moment.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pafcprogs":2mkrukfq said:
I wonder if there are any owners thinking what better time to take an administration penalty and take the chance that the season might be a write off....

Macclesfield, Southend & Stevenage for example...what happens to their suspended/yet to be decided penalties?

We are past the date for a points deduction to be effected this season. Under EFL rules, anyone entering administration now would automatically have their points deduction taken from NEXT season.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Lundan Cabbie":u8prbtdm said:

Restart in August with each team starting on the points total that they have acquired this season to date. Each team having 38/46 games to play starting in August. The remaining games of this season are abandoned.

Seeing as not everyone has played the same number of matches this year, the games in hand that are currently outstanding get added to the fixture list next season and are played as additional fixtures to the 38/46 for those teams who are behind on games played at the moment.

That sounds quite good. Hang on a minute - no. Leeds would probably still go up. Definitely not!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":140mfnhx said:
pafcprogs":140mfnhx said:
I wonder if there are any owners thinking what better time to take an administration penalty and take the chance that the season might be a write off....

Macclesfield, Southend & Stevenage for example...what happens to their suspended/yet to be decided penalties?

We are past the date for a points deduction to be effected this season. Under EFL rules, anyone entering administration now would automatically have their points deduction taken from NEXT season.
Not quite. It's the 4th Thursday in March (26th) so they'll have to be quick. :)

Feb 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":emz8enmx said:

So in Argyle's case they'd need to play another 46 games to achieve a promotion they're a maximum of 9 games away from at the moment?

Bolton could buy themselves a decent squad and pull themselves clear of the certain relegation they face now which would defeat the object of their points deduction, unfair on the likes of Rochdale, Accrington, Southend etc.

Surely with the season roughly 80% of the way there already it needs to be finished and then a shorter season next time around, as another poster said maybe drop the cup competitions.

On a slightly different tangent, if the season is declared null and void then do Bury get their place back?

Would that cause a possible issue with Lowe wanting to return?

Would there be season ticket rebates?

It there an EFL contingency plan or are they just winging it?

Aug 5, 2005
I predict we will start again in May, playing two games a week and finishing the season in June

Dec 3, 2005
Well the Premier Clubs wanted a winters break - now they TWO of them!

The fairest way that I can see to end this season, in OUR League would be to have ALL clubs play 37 games , those who have played only 36 could play that one game behind closed doors.

That would be the fairest, after playing 80% of the season, to have teams punished because of conditions they have no control over, would definately not be fair.

At the end of the day, there is alot of MONEY at stake, especially for those teams in the Championship that are pushing to get promoted to the Premiership and we all know that money talks.

So I cannot see the scenario of this season just being wiped from the history books.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
third earl of jean":3t4wy53c said:
There's effectively three options, (a) we finish the season when we can, if that means in the summer and 2020-21 start time is affected so be it, (b) we abandon the season and start again in August afresh as if 2019-20 never happened or (c) we finish now and current places stand.

I am sure each will be argued. For me, I can't see (c) being accepted. It might work with the current maths in league two but what about the Premier League relegation for example, and I am sure there's other examples. (b) is incredibly harsh on teams like Argyle, Liverpool and others. The best option is surely (a). Player contracts would need to be adjusted but I would think the authorities could move the transfer window, and make a strong recommendation that any contract scheduled to end on 30 June be extended on the same terms for say two months. Players could probably opt to walk but be banned from signing for anyone else for that period and so would just be without pay for two months to what end. There's also no reason 2020-21 has to start in August, it could be delayed until later and something done to pack the fixtures in.

(A) surely is the only way forward, behind closed doors if necessary.