Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
PL2 3DQ":386scfcd said:
Guiri Green":386scfcd said:
Why leave a Club on the up for one on the slide ? We could both be in the same League next season anyway.

It's more likely Argyle will be in the Championship and Sheffield Wednesday will be in League One, especially given the shambles Wednesday are in. :lol:

More likely? Do you really think so? Letā€™s see come the end of the season then. I agree with Reda - Owls legend.
Reda Reda Reda!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":24uurbhp said:
PL2 3DQ":24uurbhp said:
Guiri Green":24uurbhp said:
Why leave a Club on the up for one on the slide ? We could both be in the same League next season anyway.

It's more likely Argyle will be in the Championship and Sheffield Wednesday will be in League One, especially given the shambles Wednesday are in. :lol:

More likely? Do you really think so? Letā€™s see come the end of the season then. I agree with Reda - Owls legend.
Reda Reda Reda!

We don't follow Reda's tweets, he left this great club nearly ten years ago. I presume that he was 'ready' when he went?

Bit strange to have a new manager but posting about a midfielder who also left you years ago.

Why not 'Tony, Tony, Tony'?? :think:

As the bingo advert has it: Tony Pulis - Exciting Times!! :party:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":3tdc2mme said:
Devongreenowl":3tdc2mme said:
PL2 3DQ":3tdc2mme said:
Guiri Green":3tdc2mme said:

Reda Reda Reda!

We don't follow Reda's tweets, he left this great club nearly ten years ago. I presume that he was 'ready' when he went?

Bit strange to have a new manager but posting about a midfielder who also left you years ago.

Why not 'Tony, Tony, Tony'?? :think:

As the bingo advert has it: Tony Pulis - Exciting Times!! :party:

Hilarious Pogles. Reda was just another in the long line of players we acquired from our West Country academy.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It must be really difficult sharing a city with a more successful, attractive club that keeps yours in the shadows. Must be the footballing version of little man syndrome, bless. :twisted:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Time for you to concede on this thread, DGO.
Youā€™re not going to get the last word (or laugh).
Youā€™ve dug yourself a deep pit.
Come back if, or when, RL becomes your manager.

May 1, 2011
Willis88":20z801l3 said:
Devongreenowl":20z801l3 said:
Pogleswoody":20z801l3 said:
Not joking at all Knibbs. Seen nothing to indicate that he wants to go there .. in reality!

Thatā€™s cool Pogles, you keep your head in the sand old flower. Ryan Lowe would have walked up there for that job. He knows that if the opportunity had come his way, it might be the only chance he ever got. If things go wrong at Argyle, he will end up getting sacked and then be destined for life on the L2/1 management roundabout. The fact is, Chansiri made it clear from the start that he wanted a manager with championship experience, which automatically ruled RL out.

The majority of Wednesdayites are disappointed with the choice of Pulis, but thereā€™s also a dose of realism sinking in now which is that Pulis is almost certain to pull the club up the table. As much as some would have liked Lowe to be given a chance, reality is that he would probably have struggled. Hopefully he continues to do well at Argyle and at least get them challenging for a place in the championship. Looking forward to watching the Pompey match on Sky. First Argyle game I will have seen this season. Although Iā€™m a ST holder, the whole ifollow experience in a poor broadband area is just not worth bothering with :sigh:

That's one hell of a statement there, have you got anything to support that? Anything other that your Wednesday tinted glasses?

I'd can't imagine he's that interested in joining a team in danger of relegation, probable sacking and joining the merry-go-round just because he once played there and the team is currently in a higher league.

If he keeps up the good work Argyle could be a league above Wenesday next season.

Wednesday are a much bigger club than Argyle with much bigger potential and a lot bigger fan base.

We all love Argyle but let's be realistic about our place in the football pyramid.

Aug 5, 2016
No sane Argyle fan thinks we are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday.

The point is that bigger clubs don't always make sensible career opportunities.

Ian Holloway regretted leaving Argyle for Leicester City. They have won the Premier League since and played Champions League football, but Holloway still recognises it was a bad idea to leave an upwardly moving team for a struggling one.

Lowe played a total of 26 times for Wednesday. I can't see him having developed an unbreakable affinity with the club in that time. It is like us insisting Rufus Brevett would leave every other club in the country to come and manage Argyle because the Herald contacted him for a soundbite a few times and he gave it.

Ryan Lowe has built a cracking side at Argyle in a short space of time. Our team is youthful, playing great football, and has a credible shot at back to back promotions. Arguably, finishing the job with Schuey, Dewsnip, Mayor et al is an easier task than turning around the fortunes of a team with low morale and a dressing room of unfamiliar, unsupportive faces. Taking a team up two divisions, potentially back to back, would be a rare and incredible feat for his CV and not worth ditching for an insecure Championship project at a basket case club.

Lowe would soon see how much of an unbreakable affinity 26 appearances gets you with the Sheffield Wednesday fans when he loses 5 matches on the bounce.

Lowe is no mug and DGO is getting a little bit excited to think it is the club of Lowe's dreams. Perhaps it is worth remembering Lowe is from Liverpool, not Sheffield, and has played for a dozen clubs. Sheffield is just a few months in his memories. It wasn't the right move for him now, and time will tell if it ever will be.

Knibbsworth":1z552miv said:
No sane Argyle fan thinks we are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday.

The point is that bigger clubs don't always make sensible career opportunities.

Ian Holloway regretted leaving Argyle for Leicester City. They have won the Premier League since and played Champions League football, but Holloway still recognises it was a bad idea to leave an upwardly moving team for a struggling one.

Lowe played a total of 26 times for Wednesday. I can't see him having developed an unbreakable affinity with the club in that time. It is like us insisting Rufus Brevett would leave every other club in the country to come and manage Argyle because the Herald contacted him for a soundbite a few times and he gave it.

Ryan Lowe has built a cracking side at Argyle in a short space of time. Our team is youthful, playing great football, and has a credible shot at back to back promotions. Arguably, finishing the job with Schuey, Dewsnip, Mayor et al is an easier task than turning around the fortunes of a team with low morale and a dressing room of unfamiliar, unsupportive faces. Taking a team up two divisions, potentially back to back, would be a rare and incredible feat for his CV and not worth ditching for an insecure Championship project at a basket case club.

Lowe would soon see how much of an unbreakable affinity 26 appearances gets you with the Sheffield Wednesday fans when he loses 5 matches on the bounce.

Lowe is no mug and DGO is getting a little bit excited to think it is the club of Lowe's dreams. Perhaps it is worth remembering Lowe is from Liverpool, not Sheffield, and has played for a dozen clubs. Sheffield is just a few months in his memories. It wasn't the right move for him now, and time will tell if it ever will be.

Thank you knibbsworth. All the reasons I was going to post but probably better explained than me.