Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Disappointed for Owls fans, pleased for Argyle fans. We a felt that Pearson, Cook or Lowe would have taken us to safety without the dross football we now have to experience. That said, best of luck to Tony Pulis. Pleased for him that there’ll be no crowds at S6 for the time being. Don’t think he would have got the welcome given to Steve Bruce! Mind you, he shafted us.

Hope Argyle and Ryan Lowe continue their progress. We will be back for him later :whistle:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Ponty":20fv83u2 said:
Devongreenowl":20fv83u2 said:
Devongreenowl":20fv83u2 said:
Don't know why we're even debating this topic.

I'm tempted to move it to the Football Forum.

Maybe because it potentially involves Ryan Lowe, who has twice made it clear how much he loves the club. I’m surprised somebody hasn’t started moaning that the silence from Argyle is deafening.

Potentially...

Otherwise a bore fest about a grim Yorkshire club in freefall.

Oh dear……

You just got yourself Pulis...

This is your last wind up...

Pull your pants up I've finished smacking your ass :wave: :wave:

May 1, 2011
Larry David":3gv0bgp3 said:
Genuinely baffled. If we were struggling like Wednesday at the bottom of the championship I would have Pulis all day long. Still if you prefer to take a punt that you will attract the next big thing whilst scraping along on your arse good luck! I think it’s a shrewd appointment given the names in the hat.

100% spot on.

The we are to big to go down mentality was prevalent at Sunderland just before they went into freefall.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ponty":tqmvoz5h said:
Devongreenowl":tqmvoz5h said:
Devongreenowl":tqmvoz5h said:
Don't know why we're even debating this topic.

I'm tempted to move it to the Football Forum.

Maybe because it potentially involves Ryan Lowe, who has twice made it clear how much he loves the club. I’m surprised somebody hasn’t started moaning that the silence from Argyle is deafening.

Potentially...

Otherwise a bore fest about a grim Yorkshire club in freefall.

Oh dear……

You just got yourself Pulis...

This is your last wind up...

Pull your pants up I've finished smacking your ass :wave: :wave:

Bizarre. :crazy:

May 16, 2016
Bristol Rich":3lclq4yl said:
Larry David":3lclq4yl said:
Genuinely baffled. If we were struggling like Wednesday at the bottom of the championship I would have Pulis all day long. Still if you prefer to take a punt that you will attract the next big thing whilst scraping along on your arse good luck! I think it’s a shrewd appointment given the names in the hat.

100% spot on.

The we are to big to go down mentality was prevalent at Sunderland just before they went into freefall.

Yes, the Pompey, Sunderland syndrome. It takes some quite a while to recognise or admit the state they're in. Larging it up over 'the likes of' lower league clubs without acknowledging the reality of their own failures that have brought them to those grounds.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":3j1njeeo said:
Oh come on guys. It happens at every level. Don’t Argyle 'large it up' over Exeter? Isn’t there an avatar on here somewhere relating to 'forever in our shadow'.

Maybe, but this is an Argyle forum.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":3ukv2zav said:
Disappointed for Owls fans, pleased for Argyle fans. We a felt that Pearson, Cook or Lowe would have taken us to safety without the dross football we now have to experience. That said, best of luck to Tony Pulis. Pleased for him that there’ll be no crowds at S6 for the time being. Don’t think he would have got the welcome given to Steve Bruce! Mind you, he shafted us.

Hope Argyle and Ryan Lowe continue their progress. We will be back for him later :whistle:

Who is to say you weren't in for him now but got turned away?

Bolton and Salford wanted Lowe, but he wasn't interested so they moved on to candidates who were.

Lowe played for Wednesday 26 times, 11 starts and 15 times off the bench. Seems a bit weird that he is adored on the terraces, and Wednesday is the club of his dreams now. He played more times for 6 other clubs, he scored more goals at all of them.

Why do you think this one small spell at a club has become so dear to him?

It is like looking at the career of Niklas Bendtner and discovering he is 100% in love with Nottingham Forest and would crawl over broken glass to manage them.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":3fp6zvfz said:
Devongreenowl":3fp6zvfz said:

Bolton and Salford wanted Lowe, but he wasn't interested so they moved on to candidates who were.

Lowe played for Wednesday 26 times, 11 starts and 15 times off the bench. Seems a bit weird that he is adored on the terraces, and Wednesday is the club of his dreams now. He played more times for 6 other clubs, he scored more goals at all of them.

It is like looking at the career of Niklas Bendtner and discovering he is 100% in love with Nottingham Forest and would crawl over broken glass to manage them.

Lowe is a media man. If a reporter from Sheffield ask him what he thinks of The Wendys he isn't gonna say:

I've always been a Blade really.
I hated my time here.
I hope I never come back to this Cutlery Graveyard ever again.

So he says:
I love Wendys.
I enjoyed my time here.
I'd LOVE to manage them one day.

Then he moves on and puts it to the back of his mind and cracks on with the big job at his current big club.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, Owls!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":1lzlr56u said:
Knibbsworth":1lzlr56u said:
Devongreenowl":1lzlr56u said:

Lowe is a media man. If a reporter from Sheffield ask him what he thinks of The Wendys he isn't gonna say:

I hated my time here.

So he says:
I love Wendys.
I enjoyed my time here.

Then he moves on and puts it to the back of his mind and cracks on with the big job at his current big club.

:funny: :funny:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":3odsap80 said:
Pogleswoody":3odsap80 said:
Knibbsworth":3odsap80 said:
Devongreenowl":3odsap80 said:

Hope Argyle and Ryan Lowe continue their progress. We will be back for him later

I hated my time here.

So he says:
I love Wendys.
I enjoyed my time here.

:funny: :funny:

Happy to cheer you up mate! :thumbup: You got Pulis.

Pogleswoody":2a4jsxbh said:
Knibbsworth":2a4jsxbh said:
Devongreenowl":2a4jsxbh said:

I hated my time here.

So he says:
I love Wendys.
I enjoyed my time here.

100% this and there’s also the cautionary tale of Gus Poyet at Brighton (who spent two years making similar comments about ex-clubs Leeds and Chelsea before getting fired and achieving the square route of nothing since) for RL to bear in mind.

Aug 5, 2016
Pogleswoody":3iq4r6u4 said:
Knibbsworth":3iq4r6u4 said:
Devongreenowl":3iq4r6u4 said:

I hated my time here.

So he says:
I love Wendys.
I enjoyed my time here.

You may have been joking, but I don’t think that is at all far from the truth. I am still waiting on DGO to provide details as to what in Lowe did in those 11 starts and 15 sub appearances to establish himself such a beloved terrace hero in Sheffield?

Another media man is Neil Warnock. Loves nothing better than to tell small time rags of his love of various clubs, his desire to return and be with Argyle. Yet he has been at about 10 different clubs since he first starting saying how special we were to him. He was unemployed when we we recruited Derek Adams, and instead of sending his CV in he offered his services to sit on the interviewing panel! Some passionate desire to return that is! That was like telling an ex that you love her, you miss her, you’ll do anything to get her back, but also, although you are now single, you’ve got a mate who fancies her and is there any chance?

It is easy to whisper sweet nothings in the papers and feel/do another thing entirely. It is just empty platitudes which create good vibes. Ian Holloway springs to mind on that front as well. What were the rumours, “poppycock”? He just told the media what he knew the fans wanted to hear. He was on autopilot. His brain didn’t kick in as to what the consequences might be from just running his mouth off telling lies.