Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
cheshiregreen":306dib51 said:
Devongreenowl":306dib51 said:
I think the thing one hears a lot about Warnock as opposed to Pulis, is that he is a fantastic man manager. Perhaps one of the only things he has in common with Lowe, except Argyle! Agreed though that Pulis has a better record in the Prem. The only way to look at his appointment would be a. It canā€™t be worse than Monk and b. Argyle get to keep Lowe for the time being :thumbs:

Latest rumour Pulis negotiating a longer contract than envisaged.

One report suggests 2.5 years. Don't shoot the messenger DGO!

At the end of the day Cheshire, one year, two years - a manager still gets the sack if he doesnā€™t get results. Pulis is no different as he found out in his last job. It does look as if he is nailed on, but until itā€™s announced Iā€™m staying hopeful. If he gets it, Iā€™ll be disappointed but then will get behind him and Kempy until I have good reason not to. :cool:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Devongreenowl":20jrg1fc said:
I think the thing one hears a lot about Warnock as opposed to Pulis, is that he is a fantastic man manager. Perhaps one of the only things he has in common with Lowe, except Argyle! Agreed though that Pulis has a better record in the Prem. The only way to look at his appointment would be a. It canā€™t be worse than Monk and b. Argyle get to keep Lowe for the time being :thumbs:
You canā€™t seriously compare Warnock & Pulis?? They are chalk and cheese. Warnock is tactically clueless but does have that kind of infectious enthusiasm and passion for the game that can be effective with the right players at the lower levels but higher up itā€™s just not enough. Pulis is the exact opposite. Whatever you may think of his methods he has built a career by getting teams drilled and organised to be more than the sum of their parts and he consistently upsets the high and mighty. Tactically he is superb. What is harder to judge at the moment is where Lowe sits in the spectrum ā€“ he certainly seems to have the man-management knack of creating a positivity with fans and players but as for tactical nous ā€“ Iā€™m not so sure. He hasnā€™t really been tested ā€“ to be honest I havenā€™t seen any evidence yet. Sure, he has a ā€˜styleā€™ he likes to play which I enjoy as much as anyone and so would hate for him to leave anytime soon, but he hasnā€™t yet imposed that style against bigger or better sides ā€¦.. in fact there have been occasions when weā€™ve been pulled apart or frustrated by lesser teams.

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
plymouthboyuk":2dyb249t said:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj4ionxkP3sAhXFlFwKHZlNBdUQ0PADegQIARAO&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffootballleagueworld.co.uk%2Flatest-manager-hunt-update-means-sheffield-wednesday-are-set-to-miss-opportunity-for-exciting-reunion-opinion%2F&usg=AOvVaw0u2BMLZeC0dIzRy9E3vlCH
In another of the names linked to the job, Plymouth Argyleā€™s Ryan Lowe, the Owls had an opportunity to be bold and offer a young, forward-thinking manager a chance to prove himself.

Wednesday are in deep cack, the last thing they can afford to do is appoint someone that's yet to prove himself at Championship level.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lowe has a chance to prove himself.
Lowe has a chance of managing a Championship side.
All he has to do is stay here!! :scarf:

Pulis and Kemp sending your team out to play football?? Blimey and I thought 2020 couldn't get any worse!! :shock:

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
If I was in Sheffield Wednesdays position I would be delighted to see Pulis and Argyle legend David Kemp send a team out. Short term pain long term gain. Ask Sunderland fans how much they are enjoying league one or ask Stoke fans if they would rather be in the Premier under Pulis?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Larry David":2pkspdkt said:
If I was in Sheffield Wednesdays position I would be delighted to see Pulis and Argyle legend David Kemp send a team out. Short term pain long term gain. Ask Sunderland fans how much they are enjoying league one or ask Stoke fans if they would rather be in the Premier under Pulis?

Fair point.
Iā€™ve thought about itā€¦ā€¦

Nah, still donā€™t want him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fancy a new avatar Only?

002d7e638fb463fb7a266f5ffc7ac47d.gif

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Genuinely baffled. If we were struggling like Wednesday at the bottom of the championship I would have Pulis all day long. Still if you prefer to take a punt that you will attract the next big thing whilst scraping along on your arse good luck! I think itā€™s a shrewd appointment given the names in the hat.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Larry David":3qs8lqjn said:
Genuinely baffled. If we were struggling like Wednesday at the bottom of the championship I would have Pulis all day long. Still if you prefer to take a punt that you will attract the next big thing whilst scraping along on your arse good luck! I think itā€™s a shrewd appointment given the names in the hat.

He'd have been my choice too.