Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

Dec 26, 2010
It's not surprising that this post has focussed on our present and past managers.

Looking at the wider picture.......

Were I am Owls fan, I'd be gutted not to have recruited Nigel Pearson, had he been available. I realise that he can be fiery, but this is the man who put together the Leicester side that won the Premiership and, more recently, might well have kept Watford up earlier this year, had he not been sacked.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Eddie":3lpw5ekl said:
It's not surprising that this post has focussed on our present and past managers.

Looking at the wider picture.......

Were I am Owls fan, I'd be gutted not to have recruited Nigel Pearson, had he been available. I realise that he can be fiery, but this is the man who put together the Leicester side that won the Premiership and, more recently, might well have kept Watford up earlier this year, had he not been sacked.

He was my first choice, followed by Cook. Only our owner knows why they weren’t even considered, although Pearson has always said he wouldn’t manage us as he lives in the city.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":32wgwgoo said:
Not joking at all Knibbs. Seen nothing to indicate that he wants to go there .. in reality!

That’s cool Pogles, you keep your head in the sand old flower. Ryan Lowe would have walked up there for that job. He knows that if the opportunity had come his way, it might be the only chance he ever got. If things go wrong at Argyle, he will end up getting sacked and then be destined for life on the L2/1 management roundabout. The fact is, Chansiri made it clear from the start that he wanted a manager with championship experience, which automatically ruled RL out.

The majority of Wednesdayites are disappointed with the choice of Pulis, but there’s also a dose of realism sinking in now which is that Pulis is almost certain to pull the club up the table. As much as some would have liked Lowe to be given a chance, reality is that he would probably have struggled. Hopefully he continues to do well at Argyle and at least get them challenging for a place in the championship. Looking forward to watching the Pompey match on Sky. First Argyle game I will have seen this season. Although I’m a ST holder, the whole ifollow experience in a poor broadband area is just not worth bothering with :sigh:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Devongreenowl":2vewn5r1 said:
Pogleswoody":2vewn5r1 said:
Not joking at all Knibbs. Seen nothing to indicate that he wants to go there .. in reality!

That’s cool Pogles, you keep your head in the sand old flower. Ryan Lowe would have walked up there for that job. He knows that if the opportunity had come his way, it might be the only chance he ever got. If things go wrong at Argyle, he will end up getting sacked and then be destined for life on the L2/1 management roundabout. The fact is, Chansiri made it clear from the start that he wanted a manager with championship experience, which automatically ruled RL out.

The majority of Wednesdayites are disappointed with the choice of Pulis, but there’s also a dose of realism sinking in now which is that Pulis is almost certain to pull the club up the table. As much as some would have liked Lowe to be given a chance, reality is that he would probably have struggled. Hopefully he continues to do well at Argyle and at least get them challenging for a place in the championship. Looking forward to watching the Pompey match on Sky. First Argyle game I will have seen this season. Although I’m a ST holder, the whole ifollow experience in a poor broadband area is just not worth bothering with :sigh:

That's one hell of a statement there, have you got anything to support that? Anything other that your Wednesday tinted glasses?

I'd can't imagine he's that interested in joining a team in danger of relegation, probable sacking and joining the merry-go-round just because he once played there and the team is currently in a higher league.

If he keeps up the good work Argyle could be a league above Wenesday next season.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Willis88":1c3x1wsx said:
Devongreenowl":1c3x1wsx said:
Pogleswoody":1c3x1wsx said:

That's one hell of a statement there, have you got anything to support that? Anything other that your Wednesday tinted glasses?

I'd can't imagine he's that interested in joining a team in danger of relegation, probable sacking and joining the merry-go-round just because he once played there and the team is currently in a higher league.

If he keeps up the good work Argyle could be a league above Wenesday next season.

IF - a very big word. Especially in that context.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":206y6gjq said:
Willis88":206y6gjq said:
Devongreenowl":206y6gjq said:
Pogleswoody":206y6gjq said:

It's all hypothetical Willis because Lowe 'isn't ready yet' for such a huge club!!

(Huge club that have won .... what exactly?? Aaaah the Cup in 1934!! ;) )

May 16, 2016
Why leave a Club on the up for one on the slide ? We could both be in the same League next season anyway.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":213tb03n said:
Devongreenowl":213tb03n said:
Willis88":213tb03n said:
Devongreenowl":213tb03n said:
Pogleswoody":213tb03n said:

It's all hypothetical Willis because Lowe 'isn't ready yet' for such a huge club!!

(Huge club that have won .... what exactly?? Aaaah the Cup in 1934!! ;) )

Don’t forget the League cup 1991. I was interested to read Reda's tweet about Pulis. Talks about 'we'. You know who he means don’t you?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":2vgsbypl said:
Guiri Green":2vgsbypl said:
Why leave a Club on the up for one on the slide ? We could both be in the same League next season anyway.

Glad to see you're confident that Argyle will go up this year Guiri. :scarf:
More chance than you :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Guiri Green":1iifzau2 said:

It's more likely Argyle will be in the Championship and Sheffield Wednesday will be in League One, especially given the shambles Wednesday are in. :lol:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1adl7cn1 said:
Ponty":1adl7cn1 said:
Devongreenowl":1adl7cn1 said:
Guiri Green":1adl7cn1 said:

Glad to see you're confident that Argyle will go up this year Guiri. :scarf:
More chance than you :funny:

Yaaaaaaaaawn

Nobody asked how we felt every time you sack your manager...