Should admission prices be reduced? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Should admission prices be reduced?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
No don’t reduce the ticket prices. Proper fans will be there thru thick and thin.

May 8, 2011
Andy Holland":32bxwgtq said:
If Argyle are winning, people come.

When we aren't, they don't.

No amount of aggressive price moves will do anything about that.

Even if it's free, casuals would be confident of finding better ways to spend an afternoon than watching Adams' Argyle slump to a home defeat with no shots on target, as is often the case.

Not true, as we will see on November 3rd.

It would appear from the evidence over the years that Plymothians are more likely to go to Argyle to see them lose to a ‘glamourous ‘big’ team rather than watch them beat a small team.

Oct 5, 2013
moles40":275mf9th said:
landons forehead":275mf9th said:
You couldn't pay me enough to watch this garbage. Not used my season ticket for weeks.

more money than season then.

hope you offer it to someone else who would like to go but couldn’t afford it.

so team is struggling and lots of season ticket holders decide not to go,so much for supporting the team when the chips are down.

Can’t believe this!

maybe don’t bother buying a season ticket again ,if you only attend if the team is winning or playing amazing football. .Pathetic supporters who do that

Surely landons forehead is entitled to buy a season ticket and then use it as much or as little as he wants, forking out £400 or so certainly is a good way of supporting Argyle. Different people support the club in different ways, and personally I don't consider any supporter "pathetic".
It seems that moles 40 may be somewhat agreeing with my argument that there are plenty who would like to go but can't afford to pay £24, especially to watch poor football.
So a limited-period special offer still seems a fairly good idea to me, then perhaps some more of those who are perhaps real supporters in moles 40's view, could go along to a few games.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
moles40":3t2s6phk said:
landons forehead":3t2s6phk said:
You couldn't pay me enough to watch this garbage. Not used my season ticket for weeks.

so team is struggling and lots of season ticket holders decide not to go,so much for supporting the team when the chips are down.

Can’t believe this!

maybe don’t bother buying a season ticket again ,if you only attend if the team is winning or playing amazing football. .Pathetic supporters who do that
Lots, or one or two on a forum?

moles40":5d8ks4is said:
landons forehead":5d8ks4is said:

Can’t believe this!

I see the ticket police are back! :sigh: :facepalm:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenArmy1984":3a2hqu2r said:
I see on the world of twitter

Sunderland have SOLD OUT Away tickets on 3rd Nov vs Argyle

Nice to see the Away end Full
wait until general sale!
wonder if Argyle will be going down the local postcode/telephone/only if on the ticket database, sales details for this match.
Or will we see a lot of Mackems in the home areas?

May 16, 2016
moles40":15zm4ytp said:
landons forehead":15zm4ytp said:

Can’t believe this!

Surely coughing up for a Season Ticket before the Season starts - or the current one ends for early birds- is one of the best forms of support the Club could wish for.

C

Cult Of Personality

No. As someone who has to save up for my season ticket every year I hate seeing reduced prices come in. The team is so bad it's torture going anyways

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
moles40":3uozhub3 said:
landons forehead":3uozhub3 said:

Can’t believe this!

You're right. I'm a terrible fan. The £3,000-£4,000 season ticket money I've given the club over the last ten years plus means nothing. I'll also burn the hundreds of quids' worth of Argyle tat I've bought in the club shop over the same period as I clearly have no right to wear it.

You being sanctimonious about "supporting the team when the chips are down" makes you look foolish when you consider that I and other long-term season ticket holders were at home games when the team was bottom of the football league. I watched Hamza Bencherif, Ladjie Soukouna and Warren Feeney and I shouted them on. They were terrible footballers but they gave their all, and were the best that our wrecked club could afford.

The difference with the current team is that there is no administration or other financial strife to blame for the on-pitch shambles. This was, until recently, a club headed in the right direction in terms of league standing. The club may not have the resources of others in this league and I don't expect Argyle to be outspending and outperforming the Blackburns, Wigans and Sunderlands and tearing up the league. But if you think it's acceptable for the team to tamely surrender in game after game and be seemingly headed back to the basement, then you cough up £380 to watch League Two football next season. I won't be.

Jul 12, 2016
Moles40, in case you are not aware most people commit to a season ticket before a ball is kicked. Most fans hope that the team will play entertaining football.Why else would you pay out so much money? If the team are doing well you look forward to attending Home Park but lately some fans have better things to do.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
oldage":2t62a1hg said:
Why punish the under 18's. Take them to watch the current performances and they will be scarred for life!

I actually think it would be good for the kids in that:
1. They will learn how NOT to play football, and,
2. There is always hope that they can make it in the game by watching this lot.

Aug 12, 2018
I honestly believe that if the club toured Ivybridge, Tavistock and Liskeard with Pilgrim Pete and were to offer 2-4-1 tickets at supermarket entrances (like the AA/RAC) the take up rate would not get past double figures for all three. The product on offer is overpriced and not in demand.

Jan 6, 2004
Football is not that expensive at this level - yes there will always be some who can’t afford it but is really more about giving up time rather than money. I am a life long fan but after Oxford I won’t be back until things improve - if the team can’t be bothered neither can I