Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle Match thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle Match thread

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Another very poor second half. There's a lack of tactical awareness from Ryan Lowe it's all too predictable from the off and easy for the opposing side to counter. We are a one man team going forward and that's never going to work.

Argyle are lacking quality in several positions and bringing on the substitutes further highlighted this as they were all totally dire.

Shrewsbury are an average side, but at the moment every team we play appears to have players who are faster, stronger and more direct.

Mar 14, 2009
Very disappointed.

I donā€™t know where to start. It was as shocking an away performance as lā€™ve seen all season.

The lack of energy and application from a number of players was a concern.

To be honest there was no difference between that second half performance and the Wimbledon second half performance. The only difference is they didnā€™t take their chances and didnā€™t get the rub of green like Shrewsbury did for the first goal.

To change from four at the back to that three at the back system which makes us play even slower and kills any width is down to Lowe.

Just a lack of effort. A day out in the sunshine. The passing was abysmal. The lack of end product in our team is a worry too.

Tough calls to make this summer.

Apr 9, 2011
I could not believe some of Sawyers comments just shrugging off a totally inept display with " just one of them games" really. So is this the attitude in the dressing room to that total rubbish today from a disinterested totally inept team who as far as they are concerned the season is over. Dont any green tints even try & defend that garbage served up today. Also what on earth were all those subs about, talk about someone who clearly has lost the plot. Our only hope for next season is a major clear out

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
To the green tints who have been bursting with righteous indignation at the suggestion that the players are not giving their all, how do you explain today on the back of the woeful second half on Friday.

If that is the players giving their best and their all, we are in serious trouble.

Back to Lowe's preferred tippy-tappy, walking pace football with zero penetration or creativity and where we constantly give the ball away and create our own problems; teams really should have to work harder to score against us.

One shot on goal in 90 minutes from a Manager who promised us entertaining and exciting football.

How come we are happy to dribble the ball out of our own penalty box - taking on opponents in one-on-one situations - and constantly play risky passes but we don't do that at the other end?

Aimson the best of a bad bunch today.

Gary Sawyer is a great guy but he is woeful on the Mic and it is all the worst when he is sat next to a star-struck main commentator.

As an aside, interesting to see that Shrewsbury have installed safe standing behind the goal.

Feb 13, 2021
Think weā€™ve done well to stay up with this bunch! Awful display!
Take Mayor out and we got nothing! The guy has nobody to play with! Even when we had our first shot on goal by Ennis after a brilliant ball by Mayor, Ennis wasnā€™t even ready for it he was surprised!
Been wanting to say it before but I didnā€™t because I really liked him last season, but we have made a mistake buying Hardy all he can do is gallop around he has no body strength and heā€™s crap in the air!

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Tugboat":3d1jexg5 said:
Iā€™m thinking that this bunch could probably perform better without ANY managerial input.

Itā€™s pathetic to put that poo to a league 1 football team.

Happening far far to often :banghead: :banghead: :furious:
Having a bad day Tuggers...

Apr 9, 2011
demportdave":sxfzrx8i said:
To the green tints who have been bursting with righteous indignation at the suggestion that the players are not giving their all, how do you explain today on the back of the woeful second half on Friday.

If that is the players giving their best and their all, we are in serious trouble.

Back to Lowe's preferred tippy-tappy, walking pace football with zero penetration or creativity and where we constantly give the ball away and create our own problems; teams really should have to work harder to score against us.

One shot on goal in 90 minutes from a Manager who promised us entertaining and exciting football.

How come we are happy to dribble the ball out of our own penalty box - taking on opponents in one-on-one situations - and constantly play risky passes but we don't do that at the other end?

Aimson the best of a bad bunch today.

Gary Sawyer is a great guy but he is woeful on the Mic and it is all the worst when he is sat next to a star-struck main commentator.

As an aside, interesting to see that Shrewsbury have installed safe standing behind the goal.
Agree entirely with all of that

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Why did he revert to 3-5-2 at the first opportunity. The players arenā€™t good enough to play in that system. Aimson looks far more competent in a four and as for Watts! Jesus! Play Fornah at the back if needs be or bring Tomlinson in. Anything but learn the lesson.

Dec 30, 2011
Larry David":15p92ank said:
Why did he revert to 3-5-2 at the first opportunity. The players arenā€™t good enough to play in that system. Aimson looks far more competent in a four and as for Watts! Jesus! Play Fornah at the back if needs be or bring Tomlinson in. Anything but learn the lesson.

My thoughts too when I saw the team-sheet. We've looked better as 442.

Too many players in the team who wont be here next season. Give some of our youngsters a try. I'd have liked to have seen Randell but would be unfair on Torquay to pull him back now.

Jul 6, 2011
I dont understand why we play Fornah when we have Edwards (I'd put Moore back in RWB) and frankly Opoku is a mystery to me, as he doesnt exactly fill me with confidence. If Woods is available I'd certainly play him ahead of Opoku.
Wasn't it Alex Ferguson who said get a good goalkeeper and a decent defence in front of him and you have the beginnings of a decent team. Well we have a good goalkeeper and Aimson has something......
Now we just got to work on the rest.