Sing when we're losing ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sing when we're losing ?

Oct 31, 2015
r4h4al":11352nmi said:
rsp4":11352nmi said:
Lots of people have got truly frustrated with DA, his tactics, his summer preparation, non impact injuries and his carp signings and I think that's fair criticism. How many time during the superb run last season did Reuben and GC10 run teams ragged with Sarcs and Fox playing in midfield.
It's funny though after a few good results people me included aren't bothered by these things anymore. It really is a results business.
Are you happy for Adams to stay though after this result?

No mate I would rather he left however the board showed me in early December there was no appetite to remove him so I have given up shouting about it.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ah yes but Mr Biggs is quick to remind us that we are 10th in the form table UPL. :twisted:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
justanotherfan":rqgxzhqa said:
Ah yes but Mr Biggs is quick to remind us that we are 10th in the form table UPL. :twisted:

OK. We'll quote that on the last day of the season and I'm sure the FA will put us up a division

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":3dhjhk2p said:
Guiri Green":3dhjhk2p said:
Mike E":3dhjhk2p said:
rose":3dhjhk2p said:
Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

This

Contentment

So why can someone find the time and energy to post negativley when it's bad, but not positively when it's good ?

23rd out of 24.
Might be your 'good' pal. Ain't mine

23rd of 24 is cr8p. I won't be fussed if the Manager goes, but today by all accounts was a very good performance despite the 2 late goals.

My question bro' , is where do people go when the Team deserve praise ? Tell it like it is when we're bad, but at least recognise a good performance.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
up_the_line":3li9re44 said:
justanotherfan":3li9re44 said:

OK. We'll quote that on the last day of the season and I'm sure the FA will put us up a division

That would get my vote. :greensmile:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I try to post when we win or lose and but do feel more emotionally charged when we’ve lost and played carp.

Right now tho I’m over the moon with the recent performances and the results. Well done DA and the team! I’ll criticise when it’s fair to but right now the team and coaching staff deserve the plaudits for another excellent performance against a fairly decent L1 team.

Long may it continue. I’m actually feeling a lot more optimistic about where we’ll end up finishing in May. Even tho there’s a Long way to go, On this form we should certainly be looking to stay up.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Shankster":2vsdp0mr said:
I would still like Adams replaced.

Who with, if you don’t mind me asking?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Guiri Green":2sjn4bi3 said:
Serious question, but why when we win, does this place go quiet on a Saturday night ? I get that some people only come to life when we're losing, the matchday thread and synopsis are always shorter when we get the 3 points.

Could any of the more 'vociferous' regulars on a losing day, explain why winning seems to de-motivate you ? Is it a British / Plymouth thing to only be happy when you're moaning ?
it's a human thing mate.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
rsp4":o3owcqln said:
r4h4al":o3owcqln said:
rsp4":o3owcqln said:
Lots of people have got truly frustrated with DA, his tactics, his summer preparation, non impact injuries and his carp signings and I think that's fair criticism. How many time during the superb run last season did Reuben and GC10 run teams ragged with Sarcs and Fox playing in midfield.
It's funny though after a few good results people me included aren't bothered by these things anymore. It really is a results business.
Are you happy for Adams to stay though after this result?

No mate I would rather he left however the board showed me in early December there was no appetite to remove him so I have given up shouting about it.

Good man! Keep it up!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Guiri Green":39lvaogi said:
up_the_line":39lvaogi said:
Guiri Green":39lvaogi said:
Mike E":39lvaogi said:
rose":39lvaogi said:
Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

This

Contentment

So why can someone find the time and energy to post negativley when it's bad, but not positively when it's good ?

23rd out of 24.
Might be your 'good' pal. Ain't mine

23rd of 24 is cr8p. I won't be fussed if the Manager goes, but today by all accounts was a very good performance despite the 2 late goals.

My question bro' , is where do people go when the Team deserve praise ? Tell it like it is when we're bad, but at least recognise a good performance.

It's been pointed out already by Swimwiththetide, Guiri. In a nutshell - to the pub! It'd be pretty sad if the first thing you do after deciding to celebrate a win in the pub was getting your phone out to post on Pasoti. Even if you aren't in the pub someone mentioned another word - contentment. You're far more likely to go off and do something you enjoy on a Saturday night if you are happy, content, no?

Conversely, if we've just been dicked by Accrington Stanley there's far more chance of people going home cursing and bemoaning etc. They're far more likely to want to vent their frustration.

It's not rocket science.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Outrage, anger, frustration all lead to attention seeking in humans. The internet just highlights it further.
The posters on here who are blocked the most are the ones that attention seek. A lot of the time they don't post their true feelings they post what they know will wind people up (trolling is it's modern day name).
Let's hope PASOTI stays quiet for a few months yet. Two very winnable home comes to come. Play like we have the last fortnight and everything in the garden will be looking a lot healthier.
Furthermore the anti DA brigade love to bash out how negative we play, all this scoring 3 and playing with fluidity must have an affect on the keyboard.
Everything is far from perfect (That's what is normally thrown out should anyone seem positive). But they have clearly improved and for the first time for a while genuine optimism is trying to break out of the locked cupboard.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I was thinking exactly the same last night, is it when we play away there is less activity win,lose or draw compared to home games.