Sing when we're losing ? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sing when we're losing ?

Jul 12, 2016
The anti Adams brigade as you put it, are delighted that at last he is playing the type of football the disgruntled fans have been calling for .Pity its taken him half a season to wake up. They post their true feelings and if this frustration has caught the attention of Adams then a job well done.

May 16, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":27rgqegb said:
Guiri Green":27rgqegb said:
up_the_line":27rgqegb said:
Guiri Green":27rgqegb said:
Mike E":27rgqegb said:
rose":27rgqegb said:
Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

This

Contentment

So why can someone find the time and energy to post negativley when it's bad, but not positively when it's good ?

23rd out of 24.
Might be your 'good' pal. Ain't mine

23rd of 24 is cr8p. I won't be fussed if the Manager goes, but today by all accounts was a very good performance despite the 2 late goals.

My question bro' , is where do people go when the Team deserve praise ? Tell it like it is when we're bad, but at least recognise a good performance.

It's been pointed out already by Swimwiththetide, Guiri. In a nutshell - to the pub! It'd be pretty sad if the first thing you do after deciding to celebrate a win in the pub was getting your phone out to post on Pasoti. Even if you aren't in the pub someone mentioned another word - contentment. You're far more likely to go off and do something you enjoy on a Saturday night if you are happy, content, no?

Conversely, if we've just been dicked by Accrington Stanley there's far more chance of people going home cursing and bemoaning etc. They're far more likely to want to vent their frustration.

It's not rocket science.

A win, loss or draw doesn't have much bearing on my social plans. I'm bigger than that. Why is it sad to post after a win but not a loss ? Following that logic, there's quite a few posters who have saved a few quid on going out this season. Silver linings I guess !

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Steve Evans":eeyw2bsn said:
Guiri Green":eeyw2bsn said:
Serious question, but why when we win, does this place go quiet on a Saturday night ? I get that some people only come to life when we're losing, the matchday thread and synopsis are always shorter when we get the 3 points.

Could any of the more 'vociferous' regulars on a losing day, explain why winning seems to de-motivate you ? Is it a British / Plymouth thing to only be happy when you're moaning ?
it's a human thing mate.

Excellent answer.

It’s standard behavioural psychology going back to the dawn of time. Satisfaction means sitting in the back of the cave rubbing your full belly and not saying much as expectations have been met. Dissatisfied, and the human brain is hard-wired to stimulate a reaction and gee the body up to do better because repeated dissatisfaction threatens your very survival. So yes, it’s a human thing.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Oldage we must than you and your ilk for this upturn. I knew someone other than DA was due the credit.
The internet has also allowed a very odd human trait. The can't lose brigade. Happy with one result. If the other result happens it's what they really wanted all along. It's a weird one. Happy when we lose because it's closer to DA being shown the door. Happy when we win because they are true Argyle fans.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Its like Trip Advisor
Most people only find the time and effort to post if they've had a crap meal or bad hotel
Difference is you can't have a debate or reply on trip advisor

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Superfan Nicholas James likes to post on social media after a win :funny: :funny:

And some others like to look to Spies, rats and defectors so they can get some angst in their lives :funny:

Oct 14, 2015
Anyone who doubts that Sarcevic, Songo and Eddy aren’t League 1 players should’ve been at Southend yesterday. They were immense and now need to do it consistently to keep the doubters away....

I really couldn’t pick anyone who played poorly yesterday

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Guiri Green":1iyn43s4 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1iyn43s4 said:
Mike E":1iyn43s4 said:
rose":1iyn43s4 said:
Good question. Easy answer.

:stout:

This

Contentment

So why can someone find the time and energy to post negativley when it's bad, but not positively when it's good ?

23rd of 24 is cr8p. I won't be fussed if the Manager goes, but today by all accounts was a very good performance despite the 2 late goals.

My question bro' , is where do people go when the Team deserve praise ? Tell it like it is when we're bad, but at least recognise a good performance.

It's been pointed out already by Swimwiththetide, Guiri. In a nutshell - to the pub! It'd be pretty sad if the first thing you do after deciding to celebrate a win in the pub was getting your phone out to post on Pasoti. Even if you aren't in the pub someone mentioned another word - contentment. You're far more likely to go off and do something you enjoy on a Saturday night if you are happy, content, no?

Conversely, if we've just been dicked by Accrington Stanley there's far more chance of people going home cursing and bemoaning etc. They're far more likely to want to vent their frustration.

It's not rocket science.

A win, loss or draw doesn't have much bearing on my social plans. I'm bigger than that. Why is it sad to post after a win but not a loss ? Following that logic, there's quite a few posters who have saved a few quid on going out this season. Silver linings I guess !

You're not grasping the point in essence made by quite a few people. And Hoovermelon makes that point again, brilliantly well too.

Mar 5, 2012
Guiri Green":3vj02my5 said:
Serious question, but why when we win, does this place go quiet on a Saturday night ? I get that some people only come to life when we're losing, the matchday thread and synopsis are always shorter when we get the 3 points.

Could any of the more 'vociferous' regulars on a losing day, explain why winning seems to de-motivate you ? Is it a British / Plymouth thing to only be happy when you're moaning ?

This is reflective of life believe it or not.

If someone has a bad experience, they will tell ten people, but if they have a positive one they will only tell 2 or 3.

Take a look at review forums and TripAdvisor as a guide on that..... People are often so enraged they HAVE to take to the keyboard.

But if they're happy, they're often still 'enjoying the glow' too much to bother.

Oct 20, 2015
For me, it's cathartic to vent spleen on here when we lose, somehow it's comforting to hear like minded frustration. From a footballing point of view I am definitely interested to hear differing opinions on *why* we lost, particularly from those more expert than me. This at least gives me/us hope that the problem(s) are known and recognised and there will be changes to check for at the next match.

When we win, I am happy, all is well with the world. I'll often post on here to share the love but I don't feel such a compulsion to rant.

So sue me...

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Welwyn Pilgrim":gb8iy6vz said:
Anyone who doubts that Sarcevic, Songo and Eddy aren’t League 1 players should’ve been at Southend yesterday. They were immense and now need to do it consistently to keep the doubters away....

I really couldn’t pick anyone who played poorly yesterday

For me Sarcevic is a quality player at this level, just doesn’t do it consistently enough for me. When we play our best it’s no coincidence that Sarce has a good game.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
At the moment it's probably also a case of we're delighted to get those 3 points, but, we are still in a pretty precarious position, so it's hard to get too excited.

I imagine if we string a few more good results together people will start to believe that we've (hopefully) turned a corner and can begin to celebrate that a bit more and thus there could be more consistent positive posts.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
dunlop":6lua1v46 said:
I was thinking exactly the same last night, is it when we play away there is less activity win,lose or draw compared to home games.
That's true because there'd be less people at the game obviously, to post their thoughts.