Sleepwalking into possible relegation trouble | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sleepwalking into possible relegation trouble

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It does feel eerily similar,

Colour me very very worried.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rochdale can catch us but Burton, Shrewsbury, Wigan and Wimbledon are all below us and can also be overtaken by Rochdale.
I don't think a team has ever been relegated on 53 points.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
there is a real threat of relegation.we are easily capable of losing our last three by heavy margins and rochdale are capable of winning their last four.what a shambles of a team selection.why drop jerome and niall for examples?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":29mktiek said:
Rochdale can catch us but Burton, Shrewsbury, Wigan and Wimbledon are all below us and can also be overtaken by Rochdale.
I don't think a team has ever been relegated on 53 points.

I’d feel more comfortable if Wigan and Wimbledon hadn’t both just won their last 4 games. They are the form teams in the division. If Rochdale, who have won their last three games. do win their last four then it might be Shrewsbury, who have lost their last three games who come to our rescue. But Shrewsbury have two more games to play than us and are only three points behind.

It will really be a spectacular failure if we do go down but it’s certainly possible.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
In their last 3 games, Rochdale have beaten Swindon (23rd, 24th in form table), Accrington (12th, 13th in form table) and Blackpool (5th, 7th in form table). As of tonight, Rochdale have the 9th best form in the league based on the last six games. Argyle are 20th.

Rochdale's remaining games are Crewe (14th, 16th in form table), Wimbledon (19th, 4th in form table), Doncaster (13th, 23rd in form table) and MK Dons (10th, 10th in form table). Only Wimbledon have anything to play for, the others will probably be looking towards next season.

Argyle have Oxford (7th, 11th in form table), Sunderland (3rd, 19th in form table), and Gillingham (9th, 12th in form table) left to play. Clearly, these are all teams in and around promotion.

Anyone out there who thinks we're safe needs a reality check. For me, the critical game is the Rochdale v Wimbledon match. If Rochdale win that one, we're in a world of trouble.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Paul H":2c43j1t3 said:
Look at historic finishes for this league - we are not going down.

That’s reassuring... until I look at the actual league table and the respective fixtures for us and Rochdale.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wimbledon could be the team in trouble despite having a game in hand. They are 5 points behind us.
They have Ipswich away, Rochdale at home, Portsmouth at home and Lincoln away as a final game.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
PL2 3DQ":27ltjoxp said:
Wimbledon could be the team in trouble despite having a game in hand. They are 5 points behind us.
They have Ipswich away, Rochdale at home, Portsmouth at home and Lincoln away as a final game.

Have you seen their results recently? They've won four on the bounce - including Oxford tonight. Before that, they beat Swindon 4-1, beat Ipswich 3-0, and smashed Accrington 5-1. I don't think Wimbledon are going down.

Nov 3, 2006
Biggs":yhak1xa0 said:
Paul H":yhak1xa0 said:
Look at historic finishes for this league - we are not going down.

That’s reassuring... until I look at the actual league table and the respective fixtures for us and Rochdale.

We'll be fine, keep ye knickers on.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
[iframe][/iframe]
Steve Wooldridge":1olwutif said:
Rochdale just won there last 3 games, can't see them winning there next 4, can you ?

Why wouldn't they?
They all look like very winnable games.
Whereas we play a team looking to get into the playoffs. A team looking to get into the top 3 and Gillingham away, where we never ever win.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
It's now feasible that we could lose all of our remaining games, as there aren't many left. 4 defeats in a row isn't exaxtly unheard of. Burton and Shrewsbury would then surely overtake us.

However, Rochdale to win all 4 AND Wigan to get 6 points from 3 AND Wimbledon to get 5 points from 4? Not going to happen.

Chill out everyone, enjoy your summer, see you in August. We're cr*p, and if we continue to be cr*p next season and end up in a relegation battle I want Lowe gone. The target should be around top 10, if we achieve that, Lowe obviously will have done a decent job and can continue. Right now, I'm doubting whether he can achieve that, but I'll be very very happy to be proven wrong.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Dan Ellard":5ydb4a47 said:
It's now feasible that we could lose all of our remaining games, as there aren't many left. 4 defeats in a row isn't exaxtly unheard of. Burton and Shrewsbury would then surely overtake us.

However, Rochdale to win all 4 AND Wigan to get 6 points from 3 AND Wimbledon to get 5 points from 4? Not going to happen.

Chill out everyone, enjoy your summer, see you in August. We're cr*p, and if we continue to be cr*p next season and end up in a relegation battle I want Lowe gone. The target should be around top 10, if we achieve that, Lowe obviously will have done a decent job and can continue. Right now, I'm doubting whether he can achieve that, but I'll be very very happy to be proven wrong.

Wimbledon and Rochdale have to play each other yet too.

Jun 27, 2019
We aren't going down, I doubt it'll even be close in the end.

That said, the way our season has gone off the rails will have turned a lot of people against the manager. I'm not one of them, but will be keeping a very beady eye on his summer transfer dealings. If he thinks he can get through another League One season with a keeper and defence fresh out of nursery then I'll be preparing to sharpen the knives.