Some news please | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Some news please

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sounds like some of the negative posters from the Herald have popped on here for a good old whinge. If the club came across as desperate and needy as some of you are, then agents, players and other clubs would have us over a barrel. As someone said above, there is plenty going on behind the scenes and regardless of what some of the gloom merchants are saying, there has actually not been that much activity anywhere yet.

The same people who were moaning about how long it was taking to get Ryan Lowe in who 'obviously didn’t want to come here' according to the whiners, have now jumped on this band wagon. So just like they did when Ryan Lowe signed to the great delight of most genuine Argyle fans, the whiners are gonna look silly when several new players arrive one after another. Ryan Lowe shipped out 11 and brought in 11last Summer at Bury. FFS have a bit of patience and give the moaning a rest

Aug 5, 2016
leeroy221":3ex0lass said:
News just in:... Pilgrim Pete has just been on C4 programme The Last Leg.
Some good additional coverage for PAFC.

I am just gutted Jamie Devitt signed for Blackpool before he had chance to watch that. Could have been a crucial factor in tempting him to join Argyle.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Check out Skynet's post elsewhere on here. He is usually pretty accurate with his snippets so things are happening.

Sometimes less is more.

And an opinion from me, I expect a slow start to 19/20 as the new team beds in and a different tactical approach adopted. Given my tipping record we will probably win first six now. :lol: :scarf:

Aug 17, 2005
Last season I enjoyed watching our youngsters play thinking that in 2/3 seasons if we managed to keep them together we had the basis of a good team forming. It would be a big step up for some of them but I would like to see them being given the opportunity this season

May 28, 2019
training starts thursday, expect in comings to be announced from monday onwards,these players will sign when they arrive in plymouth next week for training,just because nothing has been announced does not mean plenty has been going on in the background,

Pafcineurope":1aekoy7x said:
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

I’ve read some stupid posts over the years, but this one take’s the biscuit. How can you claim to know the aims and motivation of a man you’ve never met? It’s such a juvenile post that I wonder if you are indeed a juvenile, in which case I forgive you and suggest that as you get older you’ll realise the stupidity of a rush to judgement without knowledge of the facts.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
One small factor which may or may not have a bearing is that player contracts all end on 30th June. Obviously, different years for different lengths of time.

So, some players may reject the the first offer made and will only become available on 30th if they reject further offers from their club or the host club decide against offering more.

Of course players can sign pre contract agreements from 1st July or they may just be waiting for the Manager to return to PLYMOUTH before putting the scarf around the neck.

Either way, players return this week for the start of pre season training and I am sure the squad will start to look a lot clearer.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
greybeard-kernow":17bw3iup said:
just because nothing has been announced does not mean plenty has been going on in the background,

This...

I work with Adam Randell's dad and he told me that Adam actually signed his contract three weeks before it was anounced.

I would rather it kept quiet as so many players we have been linked to over the years have been snapped away from us, one was even on his journey here if I remember correctly?

There's an old saying... 'Loose lips sink ships' and the good ship Mayflower has certainly had a few holes put in her in the past.

tonsk

Sep 25, 2010
How many signings have Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City made so far this close season.

Don’t see their fans panicking

Sep 6, 2006
Pafcineurope":3gff2ado said:
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

I thought he was doing the job for charity. Obviously got that wrong!

Oct 31, 2015
cheshiregreen":1ekkmjth said:
Check out Skynet's post elsewhere on here. He is usually pretty accurate with his snippets so things are happening.

Sometimes less is more.

And an opinion from me, I expect a slow start to 19/20 as the new team beds in and a different tactical approach adopted. Given my tipping record we will probably win first six now. :lol: :scarf:

Had a slow start for the last 2 X seasons so no change there. If we are not in the bottom 3 in December it's progress :funny:

Aug 5, 2015
How many businesses let people know exactly what they’re doing 24/7? I doubt that even shareholders have a right to that level of detail. As most of us are not shareholders we have no right to be told anything. Would it make you feel better if the Board put out a statement that “ the manager is working tirelessly to sign players” or would you sleep easier if they said “he’s on the beach in Majorca having a Sangria” . Either way you’d be none the wiser.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Some of the comments on here are laughable really.

Jul 12, 2016
Kentishgreen":1pzt6gud said:
How many businesses let people know exactly what they’re doing 24/7? I doubt that even shareholders have a right to that level of detail. As most of us are not shareholders we have no right to be told anything. Would it make you feel better if the Board put out a statement that “ the manager is working tirelessly to sign players” or would you sleep easier if they said “he’s on the beach in Majorca having a Sangria” . Either way you’d be none the wiser.
If I went to the Theatre Royal I would like to know which shows are being performed and by whom more than 6 weeks in advance. We always seem to be slower than anybody else in making decisions but that maybe because we are eager to hear positive news