Some news please | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Some news please

Aug 5, 2015
Yes but even the Theatre Royal doesn’t let you know who’s down to clean the bog this week! As the fixtures only came out a couple of days ago the Board couldn’t tell you who we are playing or where and when. I think it’s about being realistic.

May 28, 2019
some just cant wait, so they can moan about who we sign, dont worry you will get your chance next week,i remember when we signed ladapo lol,

Jul 12, 2016
greybeard-kernow":f7n7v9gg said:
some just cant wait, so they can moan about who we sign, dont worry you will get your chance next week,i remember when we signed ladapo lol,
You have obviously got used to us not performing until Christmas. We have a new manager now but time is ticking by .
It's not wanting a signing to moan about it is a genuine concern that we have no pre season to speak of and half a team.The sooner we sort these situations out the better .

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Kentishgreen":30sx12ty said:
Yes but even the Theatre Royal doesn’t let you know who’s down to clean the bog this week! As the fixtures only came out a couple of days ago the Board couldn’t tell you who we are playing or where and when. I think it’s about being realistic.

It does on the sheet on the door. Apparently Katie inspected them at 10:25 this morning. ;)

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
mervyn":vf3c795e said:
Pafcineurope":vf3c795e said:
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

I’ve read some stupid posts over the years, but this one take’s the biscuit. How can you claim to know the aims and motivation of a man you’ve never met? It’s such a juvenile post that I wonder if you are indeed a juvenile, in which case I forgive you and suggest that as you get older you’ll realise the stupidity of a rush to judgement without knowledge of the facts.

Well, where is it juvenile? (Which is the standard PASOTI response to something the sycophants disagree with). The squad is not up to scratch, we are sadly lacking in strengthening it. Ryan Lowe is not the Messiah. If he succeeds well done to him, if he fails then, as I said, the National League awaits. By the bye - I think I am a lot older than you and have seen many years of Argyle promise and catastrophe.

Sep 6, 2006
Pafcineurope":1iux1e0e said:
mervyn":1iux1e0e said:
Pafcineurope":1iux1e0e said:
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

I’ve read some stupid posts over the years, but this one take’s the biscuit. How can you claim to know the aims and motivation of a man you’ve never met? It’s such a juvenile post that I wonder if you are indeed a juvenile, in which case I forgive you and suggest that as you get older you’ll realise the stupidity of a rush to judgement without knowledge of the facts.

Well, where is it juvenile? (Which is the standard PASOTI response to something the sycophants disagree with). The squad is not up to scratch, we are sadly lacking in strengthening it. Ryan Lowe is not the Messiah. If he succeeds well done to him, if he fails then, as I said, the National League awaits. By the bye - I think I am a lot older than you and have seen many years of Argyle promise and catastrophe.

So you would prefer last season where Adams had a load of donkeys signed up by end of June?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It’s like watching repeats of One Foot in the Grave on here at the moment. Too many Victor Meldrew impersonators. Same on the Plymouth Live Pages. The same people moaned about the delay over Lowe signing, they’re moaning now over the delay in signing new players when none of them know what’s going on behind the scenes and they will be moaning next week when they decide that the players we have signed aren’t good enough.

A

AR09YLE

16 players signed up which includes 2 first year professionals.

Definitely starting to worry more and more each week especially when you consider that within the 16 are:

Moore
Wootton
Dyson

And no doubt Conor Grant will be injured for 36 games of the season.

May 16, 2016
I'm convinced there's a PASOTI Retained list for the Summer. Get a load of people to pop up, create major fuss over nothing and make over the top controversial statements. It's not that they nevessarily believe what they write, more just a device to keep the Boards alive during the Summer Recess.
;)

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
oldage":21vy0yvu said:
Forest of Dean Green":21vy0yvu said:
oldage":21vy0yvu said:
monkeywrench":21vy0yvu said:
Couldn't disagree more. I love the fact that the club does its business in private.

We'll be told when there's something to tell. Of course there are things going on in the background, both shifting players out (seems like Lowe is clearing the decks) and getting players, his players, in. Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in.

Patience is required.
And how do you know " Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in" All we know for certain is that the grandstand refurbishment is continuing and the relaid pitch looks fine. Pity we have hardly any friendly games or a team to field!

Erm, because it’s their job?
Erm,certainly worked when Adams /Brent were in charge!

Do you honestly think that people aren’t working hard to secure players? If you do, that’s a level of delusion that takes the biscuit. And you wish to link the current regime before they’ve even kicked a ball! Sometimes, this board drives me bonkers

Jun 20, 2011
Seriously some people these days have no patience whatsoever. Most players contracts run till the end of June, and in these cases news of them signing for somewhere else appears after their existing contracts end i.e. July the first.
Some contracts these days have clauses that prevent details being leaked until official statements are made. So for people to be moaning at this stage of the pre season is unnecessary and ridiculous. The people at the club will have targets and will be involved in all sorts of meetings and deals and communication that rightly remain private until time that the deal is complete.
Have faith in the club, the new manager and all those working behind the scenes that we don’t even know about.
News will reach us when there is anything confirmed!

Jul 12, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":3cbg0cq8 said:
oldage":3cbg0cq8 said:
Forest of Dean Green":3cbg0cq8 said:
oldage":3cbg0cq8 said:
monkeywrench":3cbg0cq8 said:
Couldn't disagree more. I love the fact that the club does its business in private.

We'll be told when there's something to tell. Of course there are things going on in the background, both shifting players out (seems like Lowe is clearing the decks) and getting players, his players, in. Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in.

Patience is required.
And how do you know " Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in" All we know for certain is that the grandstand refurbishment is continuing and the relaid pitch looks fine. Pity we have hardly any friendly games or a team to field!

Erm, because it’s their job?
Erm,certainly worked when Adams /Brent were in charge!

Do you honestly think that people aren’t working hard to secure players? If you do, that’s a level of delusion that takes the biscuit. And you wish to link the current regime before they’ve even kicked a ball! Sometimes, this board drives me bonkers
Don't read the board then! I was referring mainly to "the right players in ". What do you mean link the current regime????

Jul 12, 2016
npcchewie":wvhtppga said:
Seriously some people these days have no patience whatsoever. Most players contracts run till the end of June, and in these cases news of them signing for somewhere else appears after their existing contracts end i.e. July the first.
Some contracts these days have clauses that prevent details being leaked until official statements are made. So for people to be moaning at this stage of the pre season is unnecessary and ridiculous. The people at the club will have targets and will be involved in all sorts of meetings and deals and communication that rightly remain private until time that the deal is complete.
Have faith in the club, the new manager and all those working behind the scenes that we don’t even know about.
News will reach us when there is anything confirmed!

Have faith based on what? :facepalm:

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":3ac7rpz8 said:
I'm convinced there's a PASOTI Retained list for the Summer. Get a load of people to pop up, create major fuss over nothing and make over the top controversial statements. It's not that they nevessarily believe what they write, more just a device to keep the Boards alive during the Summer Recess.
;)
If the cap fits.....