South East Millionaire Favourite To Take Over | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

South East Millionaire Favourite To Take Over

Mar 5, 2011
Rush Goalie":5wn5r728 said:
Pontypoolgreen":5wn5r728 said:
It could be someone we know of.

If what I hear is true I'll be glad to have them on board.

Kevin Ball, Peter Jones et al?

Nope. Personally, I agree with others that it's a virtual 'done deal' with a property investor and Ridsdale running the football club and PCC allowing some critical planning concessions through on the nod. I also believe Peter Reid knows it's a 'done deal'. A pre-pack in all but name.

I haven't spoken with Guilfoyle personally but I know a man who has. :)

B

bandwagon

Kevin Ball":1wja5ny0 said:
Rush Goalie":1wja5ny0 said:
Pontypoolgreen":1wja5ny0 said:

Nope. Personally, I agree with others that it's a virtual 'done deal' with a property investor and Ridsdale running the football club and PCC allowing some critical planning concessions through on the nod. I also believe Peter Reid knows it's a 'done deal'. A pre-pack in all but name.

That being the case - are you happy with that situation?

G

Green Lanes

Kevin Ball":3rrxaqxb said:
Rush Goalie":3rrxaqxb said:
Pontypoolgreen":3rrxaqxb said:

Oh well. That's you off Cleaner's Christmas Card list then Kevin.

:)

Mar 5, 2011
bandwagon":69vz80jx said:
Kevin Ball":69vz80jx said:
Rush Goalie":69vz80jx said:
Pontypoolgreen":69vz80jx said:

I just find it so difficult in myself to like and to trust Ridsdale and I know it's an historic prejudice and I should probably get over it...but hey he can't do any worse than the last shower, can he?

For the new take-over/property deal to eventually realise anywhere near its full potential the club has to be successful on the pitch - that's a plus point...but then sometimes property developers aren't interested in full potential but fast buck profit turn-around and sell-on. This was always going to be the issue once PCC sold the ground to Stapleton & Co. Most of the old guard believed if they waited someone would eventually come along and be sold a dream that could turn a quick profit for them - in this case Ā£500k each when they sold to Kagami plus the expectation of more to come. It all became about property profits at the expense of the football. And as Pulis said in his last ever programme notes absolutely nothing was ever going to change that board of directors' course of action.

When we first approached Stapleton &Co we already knew they wouldn't entertain us, firstly because of past history but importantly because we wanted our risk-money to go into the football club and a shot at the top flight not pay them off for having increased the balance sheet by getting PCC to offload the freehold. And if nothing else we exposed that and Phill Gill virtually admitted it in his open letter to the Herald/WMN- but not before trousering over Ā£1m of course.

Am I happy right now - probably not - but we are where we are and the die has been cast - again.

B

bandwagon

Kevin Ball":1qtvf3ax said:
bandwagon":1qtvf3ax said:
Kevin Ball":1qtvf3ax said:
Rush Goalie":1qtvf3ax said:
Pontypoolgreen":1qtvf3ax said:

I just find it so difficult in myself to like and to trust Ridsdale and I know it's an historic prejudice and I should probably get over it...but hey he can't do any worse than the last shower, can he?

For the new take-over/property deal to eventually realise anywhere near its full potential the club has to be successful on the pitch - that's a plus point...but then sometimes property developers aren't interested in full potential but fast buck profit turn-around and sell-on. This was always going to be the issue once PCC sold the ground to Stapleton & Co. Most of the old guard believed if they waited someone would eventually come along and be sold a dream that could turn a quick profit for them - in this case Ā£500k each when they sold to Kagami plus the expectation of more to come. It all became about property profits at the expense of the football. And as Pulis said in his last ever programme notes absolutely nothing was ever going to change that board of directors' course of action.

When we first approached Stapleton &Co we already knew they wouldn't entertain us, firstly because of past history but importantly because we wanted our risk-money to go into the football club and a shot at the top flight not pay them off for having increased the balance sheet by getting PCC to offload the freehold. And if nothing else we exposed that and Phill Gill virtually admitted it in his open letter to the Herald/WMN- but not before trousering over Ā£1m of course.

Am I happy right now - probably not - but we are where we are and the die has been cast - again.

Thanks for that - strange times up there, for sure!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He obviously knows a lot re. hotels but the hospitality industry is not actually 'flying' at the moment with occupancy rates especially outside London taking a knock. The Brent family originate from North Devon. I know well their Cornish hotel the Carlyon Bay Hotel near St Austell, which is 4 Star as is The Saunton Sands Hotel near the beach and golf course of the same name in North Devon.
At this moment, I would have thought Plymouth adequately covered by suitable hotels, so I would not put mega bucks on Mr Brent. Time will tell, though.

C

Charlie Wood

Quintrell_Green":3vqo4wem said:
He obviously knows a lot re. hotels but the hospitality industry is not actually 'flying' at the moment with occupancy rates especially outside London taking a knock. The Brent family originate from North Devon. I know well their Cornish hotel the Carlyon Bay Hotel near St Austell, which is 4 Star as is The Saunton Sands Hotel near the beach and golf course of the same name in North Devon.
At this moment, I would have thought Plymouth adequately covered by suitable hotels, so I would not put mega bucks on Mr Brent. Time will tell, though.

That's the BrenD family QG...different gang altogether.

Feb 29, 2008
Charlie Wood":qlwxg8on said:
Quintrell_Green":qlwxg8on said:

That's the BrenD family QG...different gang altogether.

I used to go out with one of the daughters, slipped up there, I do love my wife but she doesn't own even a single garage or hotel :x