Standing | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Standing

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Quinny":23myvmj4 said:
Argy1e":23myvmj4 said:
Quinny":23myvmj4 said:
BradCobbs":23myvmj4 said:
Part of the reason I don't go to Home Park as much any more, prefer going to away games - Better atmosphere, stood up, better craic in general. That's all part of it for me, making noise and passion for your team with like minded individuals.

Bet you're hoping we don't make it back to the Championship, otherwise you won't be going to any away games either.
I've been to several Championship away games in recent seasons having not been able to make it to Argyle games and generally it's exactly the same as it is at the lower levels. Allocated seating being enforced is quite uncommon.

That's not my point. My point is that clubs in the Championship (after 3 seasons, but pretty much all of them are now) have to be all-seaters. If BradCobbs doesn't like HP because he's supposed to sit, he'll find the same rules applied in the top two flights.

It's not that I don't like Home Park, I just don't like to sit down and be quiet at football, hence preferring away games with likeminded individuals (standing and making noise).
I'm 6 foot and my shins rub on the seat in front and I feel squashed. Still wouldn't want to sit if I had loads of room around me...

rsp4":3bwuqjud said:
Ugh H&S in the way again. Too much covered under that dull subject to fit peoples needs!!!!!!

Anyway back to the op. I stand when the game determines the need but sit for the most.

The bloke behind me was laughing today as we discussed my passion as he said he has seen half the games yhis season (whilst laughing).

I do think people should be mindfull of those behind but I would love to have standing back. Not sure my knees will take many more years of stsnding up and sitting down with my size frame on them :)

I feel for Z1R because it can spoil the game. Just wish there was a standing terrace

"The bloke behind me was laughing today as we discussed my passion as he said he has seen half the games yhis season (whilst laughing)."

He could have been crying inside. :wave: :facepalm:

Oct 16, 2016
Quinny":2v1k7vq4 said:
Shankster":2v1k7vq4 said:
Mark Jenkin":2v1k7vq4 said:
Southampton Green":2v1k7vq4 said:
Simply comes down to the fact that we live in a society that has laws, and play in a league that has rules. If you don’t like the laws or the rules, then you can lobby to change them; otherwise they apply to you whilst you live under the law or play in that league that has those rules.

The law says that all top football clubs, including clubs that have been top football clubs in the past, must be all-seater with (currently) no safe standing options. That law applies to us.
The league we play in has a rule that all spectators must use the seats provided and must not stand to watch the match. If we don’t like that rule, we need to lobby to change it or move to a league that doesn’t have that rule. We want to play in the football league, and we are therefore stuck with it’s rules.

None of this is the club’s fault. The club has to follow the law and the rules that apply.
I couldn't care less about the rule, I sit in the grandstand. I'm merely pointing out the nonsense rule that a wall is a couple of inches to low, so say the H&S brigade. It's nonsense , I can stand on a bus travelling at 30 mph, I can stand on a train travelling at high speeds, quite often I have no choice if there are no seats available, I can stand by a road waiting to cross while cars whizz by. But standing in front of a wall is dangerous because it's a couple of inches lower than permitted. The worlds gone mad

It’s not a H&S law, it’s a building regulation.

Part of a club's safety certification. A club which fails to comply with it's safety certificate in terms of standing in all-seaters can see parts of the stands closed.

That’s a different matter, the point was the height of the wall/ handrail

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
having been involved in health safety at work over the last few years ive come to learn that its not actually health and safety that sets the safety regime it just states that an employer or in this case the club has to ensure the safety of its employees or in this case supporters, i have found its the insurance company and its underwriters that sets the rules in my case all staff have to wear safety shoes or they would put up the premium, so im surprised that the clubs insurance companies havnt insisted that the rules are enforced in respect to standing not safety shoes :D after all im presuming it would be them that pay out in the case of an incident.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argy1e":2gjuxqsl said:
lilcol":2gjuxqsl said:
Why anyone would want to stand when there is a perfectly good seat available is beyond me tbh. If seated you can still sing , chant, wave your arms around as when standing, and have the added excitement of jumping to your feet as one when Argyle score.
The complete lack of legroom at nearly every ground in the football league for starters. Anyone over six foot is likely to find it an uncomfortable experience sitting down.

Poppycock!

Never had a problem in Block 3, Row U, Seat 92 and I'm 6' 5".

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
lilcol":38lqqe95 said:
Why anyone would want to stand when there is a perfectly good seat available is beyond me tbh. If seated you can still sing , chant, wave your arms around as when standing, and have the added excitement of jumping to your feet as one when Argyle score.

It’s not quite throwing yourself down flights of stairs when Argyle score though, is it?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Sam Barker":60h5blcs said:
lilcol":60h5blcs said:

It’s not quite throwing yourself down flights of stairs when Argyle score though, is it?

Grow up,, man-child Sam.. back in the good old. days. we observed goals in an appreciative, yet,,,, reserved manner.... None of this producing ‘limbs,,,’ or ‘body parts’ as some of the delinquents on Twitface talk of !!! In fact, there is no..need to even applaud because,,, rapid arm movement like that could result in elbowing a fellow spectator - - puncturing their vital organs.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Fergy":1wqf18sx said:
Sam Barker":1wqf18sx said:
lilcol":1wqf18sx said:

Grow up,, man-child Sam.. back in the good old. days. we observed goals in an appreciative, yet,,,, reserved manner.... None of this producing ‘limbs,,,’ or ‘body parts’ as some of the delinquents on Twitface talk of !!! In fact, there is no..need to even applaud because,,, rapid arm movement like that could result in elbowing a fellow spectator - - puncturing their vital organs.

You’ve not lived until you’ve supermanned yourself head first down the away end at Rotherham for a scrappy late winner. It’s not really an away day unless you traversed several rows in the space of a second.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
BradCobbs":1xjp708h said:
Quinny":1xjp708h said:
BradCobbs":1xjp708h said:
You can stand and drink in a stand at a premier league rugby game, but not at the football. Doesn't really make any sense to me. DW stadium - rugby you can drink and stand, football you can't.

This probably has a historical reasoning: typically rugby fans are better behaved than football ones.

Part of the reason I don't go to Home Park as much any more, prefer going to away games - Better atmosphere, stood up, better craic in general. That's all part of it for me, making noise and passion for your team with like minded individuals.

Bet you're hoping we don't make it back to the Championship, otherwise you won't be going to any away games either.

I would love to have all of block 3 (1,2,3 if I got my own way) as safe standing. Let's hope the trial at Shrewsbury for safe standing is a success and they can introduce it to Home Park, I'm sure many would be in favour.

They can't introduce it at Home Park unless there is a change to the Law. How is this so hard for people to understand?

Talks of the new White Hart Lane having safe standing. Shrewsbury plan to have it by the end of the season.

Being in the Championship will make no difference to how many away games I'll attend.

Shrewsbury can do what they want as they've not been in the top two flights so do not have to adhere to all-seater requirements. Spurs may well install it in their new stadium but they will not be allowed to use it until there is a change in the Law.