Streaming apology | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Streaming apology

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Caribou":11qx72k5 said:
nikkk":11qx72k5 said:
Biggs":11qx72k5 said:
PL2 3DQ":11qx72k5 said:
Regardless of quality the camera position on the Lyndhurst side does highlight the difficulty of picking out players in dark green shirts with bright sunshine.
Winter will also bring its own problems with dark shirts.

There was supposed to be a sun screen thing with ‘Lyndhurst Stand’ lettering on it, wasn’t there? Though I appreciate it’s not top of the priority list.

Also... and I know, I know this is also a minor thing AND that I keep going on about it... if the camera is pointing that way, then I’d really love that Grandstand/Devonport corner to be cleaned up. Every little helps in making the club seem slick and professional when streaming to the world.

Yes today's broadcast fiasco, the guys laughing as if it didn't matter, that bloody corner. Such cheap simple little things that make a world of difference. I wish somebody, anybody would get a grip.

No idea who you are, but that just reads like you have some sort of ‘knock the club and its leadership at all costs’ agenda. I truly hope that’s not the case, because as far as I can see we have never been in safer hands. Today was a meaningless pre-season friendly, they tried to do something good for the fans, it didn’t quite work. Move on. The club, all football that matters, has an incredibly difficult year ahead. Argyle staff are most likely going to lose their jobs. I’d suggest it’s better for us all to rally round and support them, not look for opportunities to knock them about things that really don’t matter, however disappointed we might be not to have been able to watch a preseason friendly against Parkway. Big picture, chaps, big picture.

:lol:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Caribou":29qq9g64 said:
nikkk":29qq9g64 said:
Biggs":29qq9g64 said:
PL2 3DQ":29qq9g64 said:
Regardless of quality the camera position on the Lyndhurst side does highlight the difficulty of picking out players in dark green shirts with bright sunshine.

There was supposed to be a sun screen thing with ‘Lyndhurst Stand’ lettering on it, wasn’t there? Though I appreciate it’s not top of the priority list.

Also... and I know, I know this is also a minor thing AND that I keep going on about it... if the camera is pointing that way, then I’d really love that Grandstand/Devonport corner to be cleaned up. Every little helps in making the club seem slick and professional when streaming to the world.

Yes today's broadcast fiasco, the guys laughing as if it didn't matter, that bloody corner. Such cheap simple little things that make a world of difference. I wish somebody, anybody would get a grip.

No idea who you are, but that just reads like you have some sort of ‘knock the club and its leadership at all costs’ agenda. I truly hope that’s not the case, because as far as I can see we have never been in safer hands. Today was a meaningless pre-season friendly, they tried to do something good for the fans, it didn’t quite work. Move on. The club, all football that matters, has an incredibly difficult year ahead. Argyle staff are most likely going to lose their jobs. I’d suggest it’s better for us all to rally round and support them, not look for opportunities to knock them about things that really don’t matter, however disappointed we might be not to have been able to watch a preseason friendly against Parkway. Big picture, chaps, big picture.

Not sure how long you've been around but he's most probably put more into PAFC than most of us.
Possibly more than some Directors.

He's entitled to his opinion as are we all.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Caribou":3gxovap4 said:
nikkk":3gxovap4 said:
Biggs":3gxovap4 said:
PL2 3DQ":3gxovap4 said:

No no. I am not just "knocking the club" for the sake of it. I rarely post, but today was important. Very important. It was an opportunity to build perhaps a new online fan base. Or at least further build on what we have. It is essential in these difficult times that the simple cheap "stuff" is done to perfection. Not leave a bad taste with so many, and see, we are already arguing.
I am still so disappointed just because today could have and should have been a major positive. Simple things. I really do think it is inexcusable, and clearly those we heard in the background weren't particularly bothered. But I like you no doubt, will still be supporting.... Don't worry. :scarf:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Nikk....its .your opinion but shared by so many others....

Oct 5, 2013
Caribou":sjc8rhb6 said:
nikkk":sjc8rhb6 said:
Biggs":sjc8rhb6 said:
PL2 3DQ":sjc8rhb6 said:

Well said.

Jul 14, 2008
nikkk":5jocc2gz said:
Caribou":5jocc2gz said:
nikkk":5jocc2gz said:
Biggs":5jocc2gz said:
PL2 3DQ":5jocc2gz said:

No no. I am not just "knocking the club" for the sake of it. I rarely post, but today was important. Very important. It was an opportunity to build perhaps a new online fan base. Or at least further build on what we have. It is essential in these difficult times that the simple cheap "stuff" is done to perfection. Not leave a bad taste with so many, and see, we are already arguing.
I am still so disappointed just because today could have and should have been a major positive. Simple things. I really do think it is inexcusable, and clearly those we heard in the background weren't particularly bothered. But I like you no doubt, will still be supporting.... Don't worry. :scarf:
A potential new online fan base won’t have been wanting to watch Argyle against Parkway. I’ve been a fan for 30 years and I didn’t bother trying to watch it. The club has apologised and Simon Hallett has said in twitter this evening that he hates the snarky comments being made - of which yours is clearly one. It’s not a big deal and will be sorted.

Jul 18, 2011
nikkk":1xaexv3x said:
Caribou":1xaexv3x said:
nikkk":1xaexv3x said:
Biggs":1xaexv3x said:
PL2 3DQ":1xaexv3x said:

Rarely post? Sorry, with over 1000 posts to your name you’re having a laugh.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Abbotts Ann Green":1jp13wiz said:
nikkk":1jp13wiz said:
Caribou":1jp13wiz said:
nikkk":1jp13wiz said:
Biggs":1jp13wiz said:
PL2 3DQ":1jp13wiz said:

Rarely post? Sorry, with over 1000 posts to your name you’re having a laugh.
I'm sure he doesn't need me to defend him but that's in nearly 10 years. Just 13 posts this year. I'd call that "rarely post".

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Funnily enough this bloke you've never heard of, once said to me that he didn't like the look of the concrete vomitories at Home Park.

Roughly £55,000 later, they ended up with murals on them.

Strange old world I'd say.

May 8, 2011
Herts_Green":tj90ij8q said:
nikkk":tj90ij8q said:
Caribou":tj90ij8q said:
nikkk":tj90ij8q said:
Biggs":tj90ij8q said:
PL2 3DQ":tj90ij8q said:

A potential new online fan base won’t have been wanting to watch Argyle against Parkway. I’ve been a fan for 30 years and I didn’t bother trying to watch it. The club has apologised and Simon Hallett has said in twitter this evening that he hates the snarky comments being made - of which yours is clearly one. It’s not a big deal and will be sorted.

Perhaps they will live stream another friendly using the new system to show how good it is so as to encourage people to sign up to any pay per view offer, the Parkway game wasn’t a great advert and a bit of a PR gaff in that respect.

If the Club knew the offering today wasn’t going to be of the standard that the league match coverage will be why didn’t they say so in the publicity about it, that would have prevented some of the disappointment and snarky comments.

Oct 5, 2013
Don’t understand why some on here take any opportunity to bring up the “same old Argyle” theme.
Must be gutting for the owner when so much has changed and is continuing to do so.
Yes the broadcast was a cock-up, we all knew that without the sniping comments. And yes it is being put right by the club.
Time for moaners to get up to speed.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Action Jackson":2r6nrtj8 said:
It was a boiling hot August day, why was anyone watching Argyle vs Parkway on a dodgy stream anyway?
Because it was a boiling hot August day! Cool drink under the ceiling fan in the 'study' with closed blinds and opened windows.

May 16, 2016
Action Jackson":2hypa4m6 said:
It was a boiling hot August day, why was anyone watching Argyle vs Parkway on a dodgy stream anyway?

Because the Beaches are overrun with Northerners ?

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
For me, yes it was embarrassing and disappointing, but we have received a full extensive apology from the club and how the system will be improved for the future. I'm sure at the time Simon would have been embarrassed and disappointed of a missed opportunity but determined to replace the system that was broken'
Most of us know and appreciate that the club is in safe hands with a good number of talented individuals managing the various non-playing tasks, We are in unusual times at present, give the club space to get the issues rectified.
We move on.