Streaming apology | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Streaming apology

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I'd been looking forward to Argyle v Parkway for weeks. In fact, no season is complete without my viewing of such a prestigious game, and this season it had the added draw of being played in front of an empty stadium rather than the usual 750-1000 crowd.

Imagine my disappointment then when the live stream was below par.

It's made me question why I bother with this game, and in a fit of fury I chucked my Pilgrim Pete fridge magnet into the neighbour's garden. It took me 3 hours before I was calm enough to go and ask for it back.

Anyway, I woke up today feeling a little better and have decided that as Argyle released the long-awaited third goalkeeper's kit this week, I shall forgive them and hope that when we play my second favourite game of the season (against Tavistock, fingers crossed) I'll have completely forgotten this whole sorry episode.

Hang in there Pilgrims. I believe we have reached rock bottom, but as long as we have hope, things will be fine :scarf:

Mar 1, 2008
jespafc":dr5wr2lw said:
I'd been looking forward to Argyle v Parkway for weeks. In fact, no season is complete without my viewing of such a prestigious game, and this season it had the added draw of being played in front of an empty stadium rather than the usual 750-1000 crowd.

It's made me question why I bother with this game, and in a fit of fury I chucked my Pilgrim Pete fridge magnet into the neighbour's garden. It took me 3 hours before I was calm enough to go and ask for it back.

Anyway, I woke up today feeling a little better and have decided that as Argyle released the long-awaited third goalkeeper's kit this week, I shall forgive them and hope that when we play my second favourite game of the season (against Tavistock, fingers crossed) I'll have completely forgotten this whole sorry episode.

Hang in there Pilgrims. I believe we have reached rock bottom, but as long as we have hope, things will be fine :scarf:

:lol:

Jeez, some people on this thread, all because of preseason game against Parkway! :crazy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Kentishgreen":2zg61p6w said:
Good post Philevs but moaning is in the dna of Westcountrymen, especially those who live in Plymouth.

:facepalm: What a ridiculous comment. Another one who leaves and slags off those of us that choose to live in our wonderful City, come what may.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
evil_dave86":1rqhylx6 said:
jespafc":1rqhylx6 said:

:lol:

Jeez, some people on this thread, all because of preseason game against Parkway! :crazy:
Whoosh!!??

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
philevs":2s92fhta said:
Don’t understand why some on here take any opportunity to bring up the “same old Argyle” theme.
Must be gutting for the owner when so much has changed and is continuing to do so.
Yes the broadcast was a cock-up, we all knew that without the sniping comments. And yes it is being put right by the club.
Time for moaners to get up to speed.

Unfortunately this was a case of same old Argyle. It was very predictable that the stream would go down. The extent of the issues surpassed even low expectations however.

After going 5+ months I think I can feel pretty peed off that the opportunity to watch my club again was a shambles.

Saying that, I know the usual iFollows streams are very good. Multi camera coverage, with replays etc. Its not without a few flaws, but overall is value for money.

We have an apology and promise of upgrades. So I'm happy to move on from it and look forward to the next opportunity. Sadly, many others won't be so certain the club can provide a quality service and will have been put off.

In my opinion they'll need to really push the usual iFollows coverage for the Middlesbrough game and make it free to view.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
philevs":wxlzcke5 said:
Don’t understand why some on here take any opportunity to bring up the “same old Argyle” theme.
Must be gutting for the owner when so much has changed and is continuing to do so.
Yes the broadcast was a cock-up, we all knew that without the sniping comments. And yes it is being put right by the club.

100% Agree well summed up.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic, we have probably the league's best and most transparent owner who has just poured 3m of his own money into the club, a young and upcoming manager, a recently promoted club, a hugely improved communication and media team (matchday moments anyone?), and a club that has had to get through redundancies, lockdowns, no fans and much more.

And suddenly because our first meaningless friendly had technical issues with a live stream, we have people moaning and complaining like it is "Same old Argyle". Those complaining like it is the worst thing every, seriously are you for real? I'm sorry but some people need to take a real reality check and appreciate that mistakes happen, and how much effort everyone in the club is putting into to make us proud to support them.

If I worked for the club and saw people immediately complaining and getting all negative about this , I could think of nothing more demotivating especially after all the great things the club has achieved these last 12 months.

The word in supporters we should note is "support", lets do that for the club.

Aug 5, 2015
Sorry IJN that my work took me away. But I am a Plymouthian too having been born and bred and lived there till my mid 30’s. It’ll always be home. You only have to look at some of the posts on this thread and elsewhere to see the moaners. My stepson always works the phrase “ bleddy Argyle” into every conversation having stood on the terraces at Home Park and elsewhere with me. So it’s in my dna too!

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Plymouth Argyle pass one test but fail another

There is already an idea that iFollow is unreliable, as noted in the club's apology. The nagging impression that it's not worth you wasting your time to watch the game because the quality will be lacking makes it easier to not bother. Distance and separation breed apathy. Apathy has a direct impact on the club's finances, short-term and long-term.

In a season that could rely on live streaming of football well into the winter, possibly the whole season in the worst case scenario, this was not the start the media team would have wanted.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Tony Pastyman":305hc5ah said:
For me, yes it was embarrassing and disappointing, but we have received a full extensive apology from the club and how the system will be improved for the future. I'm sure at the time Simon would have been embarrassed and disappointed of a missed opportunity but determined to replace the system that was broken'
Most of us know and appreciate that the club is in safe hands with a good number of talented individuals managing the various non-playing tasks, We are in unusual times at present, give the club space to get the issues rectified.
We move on.

It shows the non playing individuals are not as talented they think they are.
This was a shambles an embarrassment, it may have been only a friendly but it was something the fans were really looking forward to particularly in the current climate.

Hopefully the CEO has a thorough investigation and they learn by this all mighty cock up.

Apr 9, 2011
The club for what ever reason left the streaming in the hands of complete amateurs who obviously didnt have a clue as to what they were doing & were making it up as they went along.
However the club have apologized & will have learnt a hard lesson from this move on ,am sure Hallett is as gutted & embarrassed as the rest of us

Feb 8, 2005
I was also peeved that the streaming was unsuccessful, kept thinking is it the streaming or my computer? Tried everything until eventually we were told it was down and out for this match and I could watch Chris's updates on Plymouth Live.

I had given the streaming info to my grandchildren who play football on a saturday morning (well they used to, during the season!) and are half interested in going to the game when they can. Thought it would get them more interested but disappointed that the stream was unsuccessful, and I'm hoping that it hasn't put them off.

However, it was only a pre season friendly. It was not important and there will be plenty of time to get them interested as the season starts properly.

I pay for iFollow and watch the away midweek games and I am more than satisfied with what they provide. It really is top notch for those that haven't seen it before and it WILL be working by the time we get to September, if not sooner.

I can understand the disappointment of some, myself included, but I don't understand the criticism held against the Club. These things happen. The Club will be doing this again and they will ensure it will be right, so those that are put off by this pre-season match(?) will have every opprtunity to try it out again, and word will get around as to how good the coverage is.

This is not a cock-up, it is not an almighty shot in the foot, it is a glitch. Just be thankful that our pre-season matches at Home Park CAN be covered so that we can watch them in comfort. Not the same as being there of course, but next best thing.

Aug 5, 2016
philevs":14ik2pj0 said:

I honestly cannot believe the level of moaning over a service that was offered free of charge.

It had never been tried before, and it obviously had some severe glitches.

This wasn't the FA Cup semi final, this wasn't even the FA Cup first round. It wasn't a once-in-a-generation friendly against Rangers. It was a pre-season friendly against a team 4 miles away that we play every summer.

Some of you demanding answer and inquests, please get a grip.

I tried watching yesterday, could see it wasn't working, read on pasoti it wasn't working, went and did something else.

Give the club a break. Let them work out the issues. If you pay money for the service and it is as bad as that again, then start moaning, but please not over a little friendly held in good spirits that was intended to be broadcast for free.

Jul 14, 2008
The reaction to this is simply unbelievable. Why do people have to be so angry and outraged over every little thing in life these days.