Strikers for Fleetwood | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Strikers for Fleetwood

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
philevs":j63ukmkg said:
I really think it was a bad miss by Hardie and a pivotal one in the course of the match, would have made it 2-0. Three yards out, no-one tight on him, anything above ground-level goes in, has to be a goal.

The keeper was SO close to him that to risk putting the ball over him risked putting the ball over the goalpost and that WOULD be a miss. He put it under the keeper, on target, so not a miss but a beautifully well-defended interception by a Pompey player. Think what we would have been saying about it if it had been us defending?

Oct 5, 2013
Keepitgreen":1vsq78do said:
philevs":1vsq78do said:
Knibbsworth":1vsq78do said:
Seems harsh on Hardie. It was his runs that stretched the Pompey backline. He rounded their keeper before having to wait an age for anyone else (except Pompey defenders) to get in the box and support him. He should have got on the scoresheet except for a literally unbelievable block by Pring. I had to watch replays as to how Hardie beat the keeper but it didn't go in.

I don't think he played badly last night. The Pompey defenders can hardly say they had him in their pocket. He is doing the right things and he is a big outlet for the team, as Jephcott and Nouble won't catch those balls down the channel we resort to. The goals will eventually come back.

Yes you could be right.
I really think it was a bad miss by Hardie and a pivotal one in the course of the match, would have made it 2-0. Three yards out, no-one tight on him, anything above ground-level goes in, has to be a goal. I think RL thinks so too from his post-match comments.
Hardie beat the keeper and it was heading for goal until Pring made an amazing block. If that block had been done by an Argyle player we'd have been waxing lyrical about it. So let's give Pring some praise rather than knock Hardie. I'd bet Ryan Lowe hadn't seen a replay when he made his comment last night.

As I said earlier, Iā€™ve a number of other reservations about Hardieā€™s play this season, not just this missed chance. Iā€™d love Hardie to be doing really well for us, but think his form has dropped.
Jephcott with Hardie seems to be the preferred pairing on here, so interesting to see whoā€™s picked Saturday.

Oct 14, 2015
metroace":1iqby42e said:
philevs":1iqby42e said:
I really think it was a bad miss by Hardie and a pivotal one in the course of the match, would have made it 2-0. Three yards out, no-one tight on him, anything above ground-level goes in, has to be a goal.

The keeper was SO close to him that to risk putting the ball over him risked putting the ball over the goalpost and that WOULD be a miss. He put it under the keeper, on target, so not a miss but a beautifully well-defended interception by a Pompey player. Think what we would have been saying about it if it had been us defending?

Not sure how he couldā€™ve put it over the goal post (assuming you mean the bar) from that close ?? That wouldā€™ve been quite a miss if heā€™s managed to do that

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Welwyn Pilgrim":pg5teami said:
metroace":pg5teami said:
philevs":pg5teami said:

Not sure how he couldā€™ve put it over the goal post (assuming you mean the bar) from that close ?? That wouldā€™ve been quite a miss if heā€™s managed to do that

Well I've seen it done (OK it was me!! :facepalm: )

The ball came quick back to Hardie, close in. He hit it. it was under the bar, it was between the posts, it beat the keeper.

Job done!! Anything that happens after that is kismet, Hardie!!

Bad luck. Go again! :scarf:

D

Darren Stoneman

Hang on we are criticising a player who would have scored but for a world class clearance from the covering defender,

When Lukaku did the against England it was great defending , when someone does it again us itā€™s woeful striking?

My view is the Hardie makes the space, the turns, the runs and creates the space for others

Assists are equally as important as goals, just ask Harry Kane and Son!

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Darren Stoneman":21ueeknk said:
Hang on we are criticising a player who would have scored but for a world class clearance from the covering defender,

When Lukaku did the against England it was great defending , when someone does it again us itā€™s woeful striking?

My view is the Hardie makes the space, the turns, the runs and creates the space for others

It was a bad miss, Lowe implied it himself in his post-match interview, you could sense the frustration in his voice and in his expression.

Last season, Hardie would have scored because he would have been more aware of who was around him and what he needed to do but for whatever reason, its not happening for him in front of goal at the moment. He probably needs to get a couple of Tynan-like scruffy poacher goals to get him going again.

But apart from not scoring himself, his all-round play this season has been pretty good and he's still worth his place in the team..

Jul 12, 2016
philevs":1v4v1bq7 said:
Keepitgreen":1v4v1bq7 said:
philevs":1v4v1bq7 said:
Knibbsworth":1v4v1bq7 said:
Seems harsh on Hardie. It was his runs that stretched the Pompey backline. He rounded their keeper before having to wait an age for anyone else (except Pompey defenders) to get in the box and support him. He should have got on the scoresheet except for a literally unbelievable block by Pring. I had to watch replays as to how Hardie beat the keeper but it didn't go in.

I don't think he played badly last night. The Pompey defenders can hardly say they had him in their pocket. He is doing the right things and he is a big outlet for the team, as Jephcott and Nouble won't catch those balls down the channel we resort to. The goals will eventually come back.

Yes you could be right.
I really think it was a bad miss by Hardie and a pivotal one in the course of the match, would have made it 2-0. Three yards out, no-one tight on him, anything above ground-level goes in, has to be a goal. I think RL thinks so too from his post-match comments.
Hardie beat the keeper and it was heading for goal until Pring made an amazing block. If that block had been done by an Argyle player we'd have been waxing lyrical about it. So let's give Pring some praise rather than knock Hardie. I'd bet Ryan Lowe hadn't seen a replay when he made his comment last night.

As I said earlier, Iā€™ve a number of other reservations about Hardieā€™s play this season, not just this missed chance. Iā€™d love Hardie to be doing really well for us, but think his form has dropped.
Jephcott with Hardie seems to be the preferred pairing on here, so interesting to see whoā€™s picked Saturday.
Don't agree. Hardie has had his problems this season but his form will return. He has an understanding with Jephcott and I have ever faith in his ability to score.

Jul 12, 2016
demportdave":df0owqu4 said:
Darren Stoneman":df0owqu4 said:

It was a bad miss, Lowe implied it himself in his post-match interview, you could sense the frustration in his voice and in his expression.

Last season, Hardie would have scored because he would have been more aware of who was around him and what he needed to do but for whatever reason, its not happening for him in front of goal at the moment. He probably needs to get a couple of Tynan-like scruffy poacher goals to get him going again.

But apart from not scoring himself, his all-round play this season has been pretty good and he's still worth his place in the team..
I normally agree with you but can't on this occasion. Hardie did everything right and would have scored if it wasn't for an unbelievable block. I am confident he will come good.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
demportdave":q5az216r said:
Darren Stoneman":q5az216r said:

What did Lowe say? I haven't seen anything that implies that.

Oct 5, 2013
The main thing that may give us an insight into RLā€™s view of Hardieā€™s play is whoā€™s in the starting eleven Saturday.

Sep 6, 2006
I would be very surprised if Hardie plays on Saturday. Only reason he would get a game is if Jephcott is tired after his international excursions.
I think Hardie would hardly get a touch V Fleetwood or Posh. He is very lightweight, his first touch seems to be getting poorer and is finishing worse. He's missed a sitter in both last 2 games now. I can see why Blackpool got rid.

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":3a0leahe said:
demportdave":3a0leahe said:
Darren Stoneman":3a0leahe said:

I normally agree with you but can't on this occasion. Hardie did everything right and would have scored if it wasn't for an unbelievable block. I am confident he will come good.

Did everything right apart from avoid the defender on the line you mean? The goal is big enough and the defender can only cover a very small part of it.

Jan 27, 2012
Hardie is Argyle's fastest and most skillful striker. He's too good to drop.

He may not be scoring at the moment, but I think he will soon. Anyway, that doesn't necessarily matter- Mickey Evans was one of the club's best strikers of the last 20 years but didn't score many. Evans set up other people- and that's what Hardie does.

So either Hardie / Jephcott or Hardie / Nouble

Either way, it has to be Hardie.

Jul 12, 2016
gaspargomez":2iu55bll said:
Hardie is Argyle's fastest and most skillful striker. He's too good to drop.

He may not be scoring at the moment, but I think he will soon. Anyway, that doesn't necessarily matter- Mickey Evans was one of the club's best strikers of the last 20 years but didn't score many. Evans set up other people- and that's what Hardie does.

So either Hardie / Jephcott or Hardie / Nouble

Either way, it has to be Hardie.
Spot on. :thumbs:

Mar 22, 2020
I think Hardie is a must for these games, we need pace on the counter. Chop and change Frank and Jephcott accordingly. Bring Telford on for Hardie when he's run out of steam.