Strikers for Fleetwood | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Strikers for Fleetwood

Sep 6, 2006
Obviously I understand. My point was the goal is much bigger from that distance also. You tend not to have too much time when you are 4 yards out in the 6 yard box! How can we make it easier for him to score next time?

Oct 5, 2013
My own concerns about Hardie include his apparent need to have Jephcott playing alongside in order to be effective. Several contributors seem to acknowledge that our best pairing is Jephcott and Hardie, but also that Hardie doesnā€™t play as well without Jephcott. As it seems Jephcott wonā€™t be available on a few occasions this season, it poses a selection problem, imo.
Iā€™d love to see Hardie playing well for us, but from what Iā€™ve seen this season, do have reservations.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ryan Hardie will be back to his goal scoring and creating form sooner rather than later as long as RL perseveres with him. Jephcott and Hardie work well together and seem to understand each otherā€™s play.
I also believe that, particularly, in the first half on Monday, George Cooper missed Jephcottā€™s movement and anticipation. Some, not all, of his crosses were flighted well and begged for someone, like Jephcott, to anticipate and get on the end of them. Jephcott seems to have the instinct to do this.
Nouble did well on Monday and will probably start against Fleetwood. We are fortunate to also have Telford and Abraham to keep putting pressure on the performances of the main 3.

OnicknowlePete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
And with five subs more of a chance to see them
Pete

Oct 5, 2013
davie nine":h32rcsbj said:
Ryan Hardie will be back to his goal scoring and creating form sooner rather than later as long as RL perseveres with him. Jephcott and Hardie work well together and seem to understand each otherā€™s play.
I also believe that, particularly, in the first half on Monday, George Cooper missed Jephcottā€™s movement and anticipation. Some, not all, of his crosses were flighted well and begged for someone, like Jephcott, to anticipate and get on the end of them. Jephcott seems to have the instinct to do this.
Nouble did well on Monday and will probably start against Fleetwood. We are fortunate to also have Telford and Abraham to keep putting pressure on the performances of the main 3.

Yes as honicknowle just said, I think 5 subs helps us nicely.
What I think now is that the starting strikers Saturday will be Nouble - who would be hard to drop - and Telford, who did well Monday. Having Jephcott and Hardie to come on, even at half-time if weā€™re losing, would be a potential game-turner.
Also agree with your point about Cooper missing having Jephcott to get on the end of his crosses, and think that Cooper will also be on the bench to start with.

Jan 27, 2012
I think Cooper and Hardie are Argyle's most dangerous attacking players. Perhaps even more so than Mayor.
I'd like to see Cooper play in attack with Mayor, with both players swapping sides occasionally to confuse the opposition.
I think that would benefit the strikers- whoever they are.