Strikers for Fleetwood | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Strikers for Fleetwood

Sep 6, 2006
gaspargomez":3bsyk14i said:
Hardie is Argyle's fastest and most skillful striker. He's too good to drop.

He may not be scoring at the moment, but I think he will soon. Anyway, that doesn't necessarily matter- Mickey Evans was one of the club's best strikers of the last 20 years but didn't score many. Evans set up other people- and that's what Hardie does.

So either Hardie / Jephcott or Hardie / Nouble

Either way, it has to be Hardie.

I disagree. Let's see what Lowe thinks. Fastest maybe. What about Abrahams? If we want speed how about Usian Bolt? How did his football career go? Skillful? Well if that includes missing open goals from 4 yards! His first touch is poor, he can't head the ball and cant hold the ball up. I've seen enough of him.

Jan 27, 2012
You'd be great as a TalkSport DJ !
Call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (13p/min), text on 81089 (50p + charges).

I agree that Lowe may well drop Hardie. But it would be a mistake in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
gaspargomez":1y5j9m7b said:
You'd be great as a TalkSport DJ !
Call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (13p/min), text on 81089 (50p + charges).

I agree that Lowe may well drop Hardie. But it would be a mistake in my opinion.

Why do you think he'll drop him then?

Returnofthepob

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
RL was disappointed that RH missed ā€œthatā€ chance because probably we would have won.

But he wonā€™t drop him because of that. Heā€™ll spend the rest of the week to see how Hardie reacts. Then heā€™ll weigh up all his options.

Is Jephcott good to go.
Who is the best pairing considering the intel he has on oppo.
Etc etc

Too many naive assumptions that assume football managers make decisions that we would make after watching a 90 min game. Yes it plays a part on his decision but other factors will play a part.

I have no idea who he should play.

Aug 5, 2016
Hardie didn't really miss an open goal. Chris Porter for Crewe last season missed an open goal.

The ball broke to Hardie at extremely short notice. He reacted quickest. He didn't have any time to take a breath, compose himself, or pick a spot. He hit the ball, hit his finish hard and a defender bizarrely managed to smother his shot angle with such a block as to repel it.

People are really overthinking it. It was a blind desperate lunge and unfortunately for Hardie, it covered the precise spot his shot was going. Any other part of Pring's body and it deflects off into the net.

What would everyone else do, acting on instinct, other than to just smash the ball into the net as direct as possible? It was just a freak block that defied the odds, like winning on a scratchcard. You won't see another one like it for a long time.

Returnofthepob

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Knibbsworth":u84s8sf3 said:
Hardie didn't really miss an open goal. Chris Porter for Crewe last season missed an open goal.

The ball broke to Hardie at extremely short notice. He reacted quickest. He didn't have any time to take a breath, compose himself, or pick a spot. He hit the ball, hit his finish hard and a defender bizarrely managed to smother his shot angle with such a block as to repel it.

People are really overthinking it. It was a blind desperate lunge and unfortunately for Hardie, it covered the precise spot his shot was going. Any other part of Pring's body and it deflects off into the net.

What would everyone else do, acting on instinct, other than to just smash the ball into the net as direct as possible? It was just a freak block that defied the odds, like winning on a scratchcard. You won't see another one like it for a long time.

Agree with that

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":20uc7m3e said:
oldage":20uc7m3e said:
demportdave":20uc7m3e said:
Darren Stoneman":20uc7m3e said:
Hang on we are criticising a player who would have scored but for a world class clearance from the covering defender,

When Lukaku did the against England it was great defending , when someone does it again us itā€™s woeful striking?

My view is the Hardie makes the space, the turns, the runs and creates the space for others

Assists are equally as important as goals, just ask Harry Kane and Son!
It was a bad miss, Lowe implied it himself in his post-match interview, you could sense the frustration in his voice and in his expression.

Last season, Hardie would have scored because he would have been more aware of who was around him and what he needed to do but for whatever reason, its not happening for him in front of goal at the moment. He probably needs to get a couple of Tynan-like scruffy poacher goals to get him going again.

But apart from not scoring himself, his all-round play this season has been pretty good and he's still worth his place in the team..
I normally agree with you but can't on this occasion. Hardie did everything right and would have scored if it wasn't for an unbelievable block. I am confident he will come good.

Did everything right apart from avoid the defender on the line you mean? The goal is big enough and the defender can only cover a very small part of it.

From 12 yards perhaps, the defender takes up 10 percent of the goal leaving 90% to aim at.

When Hardie is 6 yards out, and the defender and goalkeeper are 3 yards out, their bodies present a far larger surface area to avoid.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
In my view our best pairing is Jephcott and Hardie, pace and movement and we create lots of chances when these two play together. They also seem to have the best chemistry of all our forward options.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
To be fair to Hardie
Hes a young lad who has just had a child and moved about as far away from home with his new familly that he possibly could
I would suggest this maybe an indicator of why his form may not be quite as good as last season, we know there is a player in there and let's be honest the best strikers are confidence players I think Ryan has lost a little confidence from Las season.
Slagging him off isnt going to help
Let's get behind him and remember he wanted to come back after last season because he loved it here we owe him support.

Tbh as well as Frank played for a big centre forward he was never likely to get into the position Hardie got into to have that shot blocked. Nouble is a more trigger type of player outside box feeding others not confident nouble would get 10 goals a season but still confident Hardie will. Both players highly regarded but horses for courses and I actually think the squad we have this year is far stronger in depth them we have had in a number of seasons. Ryan Lowe is a really lucky boy to have been supported like this by the chairman let alone in these difficult times and I suspect he cant believe his luck and may well show more loyalty when a job offer comes along then we expect. It wont be anybody higher it will be somewhere he really cant afford to turn down only I expect

Oct 5, 2013
Just to say about Ryan Lowe as it was just mentioned above, my take is that RL has no intention of going elsewhere because he wants to prove that he is a manager who stays put and does a job, since that is the most important factor for his long-term vision as a future manager of a top-level club.
He often says and acknowledges that heā€™s still learning the job at present, hence his request for Neil Dewsnip to be appointed for example, so to rush off anywhere else doesnā€™t currently fit with that.
I think he sees that if he went off to a ā€œbigā€ club he might not last long at present, and then heā€™d be on a treadmill of club-to-club with a damaged reputation. Thatā€™s not the future he sees for himself in the game, imo.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":2bucz71j said:
Balham_Green":2bucz71j said:
oldage":2bucz71j said:
demportdave":2bucz71j said:
Darren Stoneman":2bucz71j said:
Hang on we are criticising a player who would have scored but for a world class clearance from the covering defender,

When Lukaku did the against England it was great defending , when someone does it again us itā€™s woeful striking?

My view is the Hardie makes the space, the turns, the runs and creates the space for others

It was a bad miss, Lowe implied it himself in his post-match interview, you could sense the frustration in his voice and in his expression.

Last season, Hardie would have scored because he would have been more aware of who was around him and what he needed to do but for whatever reason, its not happening for him in front of goal at the moment. He probably needs to get a couple of Tynan-like scruffy poacher goals to get him going again.

But apart from not scoring himself, his all-round play this season has been pretty good and he's still worth his place in the team..
I normally agree with you but can't on this occasion. Hardie did everything right and would have scored if it wasn't for an unbelievable block. I am confident he will come good.

Did everything right apart from avoid the defender on the line you mean? The goal is big enough and the defender can only cover a very small part of it.

From 12 yards perhaps, the defender takes up 10 percent of the goal leaving 90% to aim at.

When Hardie is 6 yards out, and the defender and goalkeeper are 3 yards out, their bodies present a far larger surface area to avoid.

In that bizarre logic the goal is also therefore a much bigger target! From Father Ted - Dougal those cows are small because they are further away!

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1bf0xbcn said:

You are right, the defenders gave Hardie no notice at all. Very unfair. Ryan in a few minutes time if you stand there we are going to give you a free shot at goal from 4 yards. Would that be alright? And we can give you a minute perhaps to take a breath and compose yourself also. Or would you like longer?
I see why Blackpool made their decision now.

Jul 13, 2006
Very harsh Balham. Just look back at all the assists Hardie does too. His accuracy of pass and weighting of it, One of the best players I've seen in a green shirt, and I've been supporting since 82/83. He will come good. He misses Jephcott, but more importantly the team miss Jephcott.

Sep 6, 2006
foreigner":79agznrq said:
Very harsh Balham. Just look back at all the assists Hardie does too. His accuracy of pass and weighting of it, One of the best players I've seen in a green shirt, and I've been supporting since 82/83. He will come good. He misses Jephcott, but more importantly the team miss Jephcott.

One of the best players you've seen? Are you serious?? Better than the players we had in the Championship you mean? So how many assists then? I don't remember many.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":19j3asyk said:
Knibbsworth":19j3asyk said:
Balham_Green":19j3asyk said:
oldage":19j3asyk said:
demportdave":19j3asyk said:
Darren Stoneman":19j3asyk said:

In that bizarre logic the goal is also therefore a much bigger target! From Father Ted - Dougal those cows are small because they are further away!

You explain to me then, why a 3 man wall stands as close to the free kick as possible, and not on the goal line.

Do you really not understand how an object's proximity to the ball makes it harder to avoid?

Hardie had Macgillivray immediately to his left and Pring immediately to his right. Both were close enough to punch him on the nose and hell bent on closing down his shot on goal.

Hardie had about 0.25 of a second to decide what to do and it simply wasn't a case of placing his finish.