Sunderland match thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland match thread

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’ll take so much comfort when certain players players leave.

I am however getting more alarmed by our form, game plans and tactical nouse from Lowe and Schumacher.

Some serious post season autopsy needs to be carried out by the board because it’s far from satisfactory.

I’m just so so glad we managed to rack up some wins earlier in the season because if we had a few points less and got pulled involved in a relegation fight we would easily go down with this team.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
1 point from 6 games
2 wins from 15 games
poo even by Argyle standards

May 21, 2010
taunton
Don't think any manager should survive his job after 2 wins out of 15 matches. But being already safe in league one, then Lowe's job is safe also. Will see what first 15 games brings next season.

Dec 30, 2011
Tugboat":170v7662 said:

I am however getting more alarmed by our form, game plans and tactical nouse from Lowe and Schumacher.

Some serious post season autopsy needs to be carried out by the board because it’s far from satisfactory.

I’m just so so glad we managed to rack up some wins earlier in the season because if we had a few points less and got pulled involved in a relegation fight we would easily go down with this team.

Not sure Lowe and Schumacher have any tactical nouse. Biggest back-room staff we've had for years but nobody with a clue about how to organise a defence.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Another defeat..against an under strength Sunderland.....only one more match to go....thank goodness....

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
greensalt":1rc8fgh7 said:
Tugboat":1rc8fgh7 said:

Not sure Lowe and Schumacher have any tactical nouse. Biggest back-room staff we've had for years but nobody with a clue about how to organise a defence.

Or sign one

Jul 12, 2016
greensalt":3kcgkamj said:
Tugboat":3kcgkamj said:

Or the team. Hallett has a load of underachievers at the club.

Sep 22, 2020
Ennis the only player you would say is a 'must keep' over the summer.

all the rest are much of a muchness with some simply not up to it. i would prefer to use more youth players from our own academy if if it meant going down. The loan players, like so many at home park just see the club as a stepping stone to greater things with no real desire to stay long term at the club. No one at home park seems to have been there more than a couple of years. makes the club feel like a hollow shell.

yes we stayed up but other than that there are very few positives and the goals against is appalling.

Mar 14, 2009
Not sure what you do regarding a challenge that Opoku made. You can coach them to stay on your feet but that’s a spilt decision by the player. A player that has avoided any sort of defensive responsibility all season. Plays for himself, not his team mates.

The worst thing is he has the attributes to be a good player, but like Sunderland’s first goal he passed responsibility to someone else.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He was always walking off today, he should have been booked before his first yellow. Quite simply, he couldn't care less.

Bye bye. :wave:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Would the outcome of the game been any different if he had not been sent off- his body language , finger pointing & attitude leave a lot to be desired - he seems the type of player that plays the blame game- but does not take personal responsibility for his actions

We clawed our way back to equalise & the petulant player does that - RL has seen this attitude all season & picks him knowing full well what was at stake today- he knows the fans arent happy with the performances over the last couple of months , he harps on about our defensive woes & Men against boys but why give the referee the decision to make in the 1st place- it is just so disappointing

Ollie makes his league debut- talk about a baptism of fire for the young man whats to say he will play a full game next week- but that will depend on whether Sam Woods is fit

Some may say the referee & linesmen gave Sunderland the win- but the story this season has been poor decision making & mental strength of character

Oh well only 1 more game left then it is finally over :banghead:

Apr 9, 2011
Brechin Hedge":35byd7nr said:
Ennis the only player you would say is a 'must keep' over the summer.

all the rest are much of a muchness with some simply not up to it. i would prefer to use more youth players from our own academy if if it meant going down. The loan players, like so many at home park just see the club as a stepping stone to greater things with no real desire to stay long term at the club. No one at home park seems to have been there more than a couple of years. makes the club feel like a hollow shell.

yes we stayed up but other than that there are very few positives and the goals against is appalling.
Agree with all of that

Jul 12, 2016
Regardless of what happens Lowe can do no wrong in Hallett's eyes so we are stuck with him. Just think Hallett now has to support Lowe even more in the transfer market in the hope he can turn things around. Glad it's not my money!