Sunderland match thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland match thread

Jul 12, 2016
mutley marvel":2th2zohy said:
Would the outcome of the game been any different if he had not been sent off- his body language , finger pointing & attitude leave a lot to be desired - he seems the type of player that plays the blame game- but does not take personal responsibility for his actions

We clawed our way back to equalise & the petulant player does that - RL has seen this attitude all season & picks him knowing full well what was at stake today- he knows the fans arent happy with the performances over the last couple of months , he harps on about our defensive woes & Men against boys but why give the referee the decision to make in the 1st place- it is just so disappointing

Ollie makes his league debut- talk about a baptism of fire for the young man whats to say he will play a full game next week- but that will depend on whether Sam Woods is fit

Some may say the referee & linesmen gave Sunderland the win- but the story this season has been poor decision making & mental strength of character

Oh well only 1 more game left then it is finally over :banghead:
Thank heavens for small mercies.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":2dtg1dwv said:
Regardless of what happens Lowe can do no wrong in Hallett's eyes so we are stuck with him. Just think Hallett now has to support Lowe even more in the transfer market in the hope he can turn things around. Glad it's not my money!

How do you know this? Did the Chairman confide in you? When was this?

I accepted and expected a consolidation season. If we stayed up, Lowe stayed in post.
We stayed up, Lowe gets another go.
If he *****s up before Xmas 2021 he will be (should be) sacked.

I think/I believe (but I don't know) that Mr. Hallett would concur with that.

Bit unfair: 'You done well. We stayed up. You're sacked!' :lol:

May 26, 2015
Argyle was very unlucky today, with diabolical, cheating ref.

BUT, come on, no manager should survive, after 2 wins in last 15 games and earlier freefall dive of 6 losses on the trot.

If Lowe is not sacked now, we are relegation certainties next season; the man is clueless in terms of tactics.

So, I'm afraid, for the good of the club, Lowe and Schumacher must GO!

D

Darren Stoneman

The only thing I am not looking forward to? Oldage

What and I looking forward too? A summer of building and the excitement of a new season

P

Paranoid Android

Darren Stoneman":s4vaoh3k said:

What and I looking forward too? A summer of building and the excitement of a new season

You can write pages of balanced comment on here, and the disappointing thing is, come match day, you mostly get the same scripts repeated. That is not to dismiss the season we have had, at all. That's not dismiss the issues we've all seen this season, which probably accrued from the recruitment plan and the lack of experience across the club. Ryan is a new manager, Simon is a new chairman, almost all of the key backroom staff are new to the club, with the exception of Nancekivell.

Despite how the season unfolded, we are not as defeated as some/many? assume. If you look at it as a whole, in spells we've competed and defeated some of the best in the division, lost to some we shouldn't, thrown games away too often. That's inconsistency.

I'll go back to the fact that Hallett has spelled this out from the very start, and in all the fans forums, he has a different vision and it won't be same old Argyle, and it won't even be like the majority of the non achieving clubs around us. He won't be guided by short term results, one season even.

HE, the Chairman, employed a young inexperienced Manager and assistant, to this club, with the majority of fans approval. He's risk managing them and letting them gain experience, to hopefully get them and us to the level we all want. He was clear he didn't want a journeyman manager set in his ways and playing bland football. It won't come yesterday and he will not take short term decisions, however frustrated some people are about that. What he does have I'm sure, are various targets he will have set for the team. As far as I'm aware the main target he set was to consolidate in league 1 this season. As difficult as it has been to get there (and watch it at times), it's been achieved.

Next season, depending on budget, he will have other targets and if we're not looking like were improving to meet them, he will make a decision that's best for the club, we can all have confidence in that, as he did previously when he first arrived, to a relegation. I have total faith in Simon Hallett, and it's his decisions that count.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Let's hope season ticket holders next season have the same faith....we have not consolidated this season...far from it...we have held on by the skin of our teeth from going back down...

P

Paranoid Android

oddball":3noo7akz said:
Let's hope season ticket holders next season have the same faith....we have not consolidated this season...far from it...we have held on by the skin of our teeth from going back down...

Can you give me one good reason not to have faith in Simon? We can all think of Chairman, for various reasons, we've justifiably not had faith in. Has Simon ever not delivered, so far. Has he set unachievable targets? Has he taken the Club backwards?

Consolidation means staying up. and by 9 points (and yes should have been more based on half the season).

Jul 12, 2016
[iframe][/iframe]
Pogleswoody":1cm98b58 said:
oldage":1cm98b58 said:
Regardless of what happens Lowe can do no wrong in Hallett's eyes so we are stuck with him. Just think Hallett now has to support Lowe even more in the transfer market in the hope he can turn things around. Glad it's not my money!

How do you know this? Did the Chairman confide in you? When was this?

I accepted and expected a consolidation season. If we stayed up, Lowe stayed in post.
We stayed up, Lowe gets another go.
If he *****s up before Xmas 2021 he will be (should be) sacked.

I think/I believe (but I don't know) that Mr. Hallett would concur with that.

Bit unfair: 'You done well. We stayed up. You're sacked!' :lol:
Or we've won two games in 15,can't score,can't defend but hey ho I have every faith in you :facepalm:

Jul 12, 2016
oddball":2z5pwimu said:
At last somebody who says it as it is.

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oddball":i6qbw1qc said:
We were safe after only 38 games, so hardly by the skin of our teeth. Mission accomplished but nevertheless an awful final 3rd of the season. A lot of work to do in the close season and hopefully some lessons learnt.

Jul 12, 2016
Darren Stoneman":2edecy14 said:

Might help if you could post using proper English! What are you talking about?

D

Darren Stoneman

oldage":7qafiqsd said:
Darren Stoneman":7qafiqsd said:

Thought you had blocked me!!
But no offence you were not in my thoughts just a land Mark birthday

Jul 12, 2016
Darren Stoneman":2iyhnfs3 said:
oldage":2iyhnfs3 said:
Darren Stoneman":2iyhnfs3 said:

Thought you had blocked me!!
But no offence you were not in my thoughts just a land Mark birthday
I did but curiosity got the better of me! If it is your birthday .Happy Birthday.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Jerry...if you look at Ottawa Greens elimination table,after 43 games we could still have got relegated.In fact we had to rely on other teams dropping points in order to be safe.In my book that's skin of your teeth.

Dec 29, 2016
But that's how teams get relagated. They drop more points than the teams above them. That's how it works !!!!
So relying on teams below us to stay up has nothing to do with it
The four team below and relagated are there for a reason. They are worse than us. End of