Sunderland match thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland match thread

Apr 5, 2008
Chairman isn't dumb. Lowe will have ten games start of next season to show a massive improvement on the results if they carry-on like now then he will be rightly sacked.

D

Darren Stoneman

Paranoid Android":1goqrfzl said:
Darren Stoneman":1goqrfzl said:
The only thing I am not looking forward to? Oldage

What and I looking forward too? A summer of building and the excitement of a new season

You can write pages of balanced comment on here, and the disappointing thing is, come match day, you mostly get the same scripts repeated. That is not to dismiss the season we have had, at all. That's not dismiss the issues we've all seen this season, which probably accrued from the recruitment plan and the lack of experience across the club. Ryan is a new manager, Simon is a new chairman, almost all of the key backroom staff are new to the club, with the exception of Nancekivell.

Despite how the season unfolded, we are not as defeated as some/many? assume. If you look at it as a whole, in spells we've competed and defeated some of the best in the division, lost to some we shouldn't, thrown games away too often. That's inconsistency.

I'll go back to the fact that Hallett has spelled this out from the very start, and in all the fans forums, he has a different vision and it won't be same old Argyle, and it won't even be like the majority of the non achieving clubs around us. He won't be guided by short term results, one season even.

HE, the Chairman, employed a young inexperienced Manager and assistant, to this club, with the majority of fans approval. He's risk managing them and letting them gain experience, to hopefully get them and us to the level we all want. He was clear he didn't want a journeyman manager set in his ways and playing bland football. It won't come yesterday and he will not take short term decisions, however frustrated some people are about that. What he does have I'm sure, are various targets he will have set for the team. As far as I'm aware the main target he set was to consolidate in league 1 this season. As difficult as it has been to get there (and watch it at times), it's been achieved.

Next season, depending on budget, he will have other targets and if we're not looking like were improving to meet them, he will make a decision that's best for the club, we can all have confidence in that, as he did previously when he first arrived, to a relegation. I have total faith in Simon Hallett, and it's his decisions that count.
Agree this is a long term project and looking forward to seeing how it pans out, great time to be a green

D

Darren Stoneman

oldage":20lqsipp said:
Darren Stoneman":20lqsipp said:
oldage":20lqsipp said:
Darren Stoneman":20lqsipp said:
The only thing I am not looking forward to? Oldage

What and I looking forward too? A summer of building and the excitement of a new season
Might help if you could post using proper English! What are you talking about?

Thought you had blocked me!!
But no offence you were not in my thoughts just a land Mark birthday
I did but curiosity got the better of me! If it is your birthday .Happy Birthday.
Not quite my birthday I share one with Wayne Burnett, no need to block me though it is all harmless fun after all , have a great bank holiday :)

Oh and by message suffered from Middle Aged eyesight and fat fingers and auto correct

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oddball":g2ofe1sy said:
Jerry...if you look at Ottawa Greens elimination table,after 43 games we could still have got relegated.In fact we had to rely on other teams dropping points in order to be safe.In my book that's skin of your teeth.
Very flawed logic Oddball. Those scenarios just don't happen. I said several weeks ago we were safe and 48 points would probably be enough as at the time 6 teams were averaging less than a point a game so this year's tally to stay up was always going to be low. After 38 games we were safe as 4 of those 6 teams were not going to suddenly hit top 4 form in the final 8 games. It doesn't disguise the fact that we have ended the season as possibly the worst team in the division though.

Mar 14, 2009
So the idea of removing Adams was to play better football.

If look at the mentality of how we play football now, it’s better. Under Adams we took a lead and just say deeper and deeper. Under Lowe we always look to score.

Now we that said is the football any better. Quite frankly no. Defensively we are as poor under Adams as we are under Lowe. Do we pass the football? Well No. Do we cross the ball well? No. Do we look threatening from corners and free kicks? No. Basically we are toothless. Have no end product.

That’s why l would argue that fans are unhappy as both ends of the pitch we have massive issues currently.

The whole idea of this project was to watch enjoyable, entertaining football. If you like chances & goals, as long as it’s not for Argyle, then l suppose for the opposition supporters they are being entertained.

Part of the project is to develop our youngsters. Well there is an argument for success with Cooper and Jephcott. Yet those loan players were young too. And not one of them improved. This manager is suppose to help bring through players to the first team and develop them. If you look at the team though very few are consistently playing better now than at any point in their Argyle careers.

Argyle need a good coach. A good tactical thinker who is good at man management. I look at Reeves and think what the hell did we sign him for. I look at players like Watts and think how have you not stop him repeating the same positional mistakes when in the back 3.

Yet here we are debating we had a decent season. 2 wins out of 15 games. He never once looked like stopping the riot. So what happens next time he doesn’t have a squad of players he fancies. Good coaches make the best out of the hand they got.

Where is the substance? It’s just been sound bites. Go back to when he first came here. How he told us we were going to play. Two seasons on look at us as a footballing unit. People say we need defenders. We do. However, we got nobody with an end product in our team. We need creative players desperately.

It’s not negative for the sake of it. It’s genuine concern because we are a terrible league one outfit. Performances tell us this. Results tell us this. Goal difference tells us this.

Don’t want to sack Lowe. Yet l understand those that have lost faith in him. You can’t blame them. I can’t wait for the day we can talk about a free flowing, creative Argyle whether that’s winning or losing.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You’ve said that you don’t want to sack Lowe but in your recent posts, you have made a pretty good case for it.
This year we have played very poorly on too many occasions but I, sincerely, hope that he has learned from his mistakes and how other teams in this league manage to overcome our tactics.
As Simon Hallett says “we need to be smarter”.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":2huy5anr said:
You’ve said that you don’t want to sack Lowe but in your recent posts, you have made a pretty good case for it.
This year we have played very poorly on too many occasions but I, sincerely, hope that he has learned from his mistakes and how other teams in this league manage to overcome our tactics.
As Simon Hallett says “we need to be smarter”.

Despite what people feel, lm talking about what l see in the game. You can’t fake how you feel unfortunately.

However, l always give a manager a chance. I had my doubts about Adams as everyone knows but it wasn’t until his third season that l started to loose faith in him (even though we finished 7th). I looked a right idiot saying l don’t think he is good enough but l just didn’t believe in the playing style and tactics. I remember watching games and kept thinking how did we win that. Unfortunately, with Lowe lm wondering the same thing when we won a game. You can’t smash everyone, in every game, but you can at least be competitive and that’s something in many games we haven’t been.

I want to see what happens with different set of players. I want to see how Lowe takes on board everything that has happened this season. I want to see how he develops as a coach.

I talk about what l've seen in two years under him. Where we are as a football team. However, l am patient despite people believing l am too negative about our current situation.