Sunderland V Argyle match thread. 7pm KO | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland V Argyle match thread. 7pm KO

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Tremendous performance by the team on a very testing surface ,well done to all concerned .Perhaps we should give a thought to turning on the sprinklers 3 hours before kickoff at Home Park every game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
khennes_904":3afu0fzu said:
Tremendous performance by the team on a very testing surface ,well done to all concerned .Perhaps we should give a thought to turning on the sprinklers 3 hours before kickoff at Home Park every game.
We normally do, even when it’s raining. ‘Stadium of Light’!!
Looks like they need to invest in a decent drainage system.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
gru_mpy":33cvgy5r said:
If anyone fancies a good laugh and some literary entertainment then I recommend you take a look at readytogo.net, the Sunderland fans forum. They really do think they're something special. Apparently, their club has just reached their lowest point in a hundred years by losing to the 'likes' of Plymouth Argyle! Pathetic fans, pathetic comments.

Yes they do generally seem to be up there own backsides. Making themselves sound like high-fliers still when they have been in this league for (I think) 4 years now? They have been slowly getting worse each year they've been in league 1. They will not be going up this year and they will always be the Exeter of the North-east.

:wave: See you next year mackems.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Not expecting anything from this game so taking the three points is an excellent result .
Well played every one now win at Sheffield United!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Brilliant result, I certainly didn’t think we’d win before the match started. We looked defensively solid today and the shape felt ‘right’ - I got one really like this formation.

Some great individual performance particularly from Watts and Opuku for me.

Anyone find Wootton coming on for Fornah at CDM an interesting substitution or is it just me. Every game I see Fornah constantly losing his man and for me is a bit of a liability defensively. Maybe RL is starting to think the same given Wootton replacing him...

All in all I’m a very happy Janner tonight!!! :thumbup:

Jul 6, 2011
JannerinCardiff":2yfjt3ow said:
Brilliant result, I certainly didn’t think we’d win before the match started. We looked defensively solid today and the shape felt ‘right’ - I got one really like this formation.

Some great individual performance particularly from Watts and Opuku for me.

Anyone find Wootton coming on for Fornah at CDM an interesting substitution or is it just me. Every game I see Fornah constantly losing his man and for me is a bit of a liability defensively. Maybe RL is starting to think the same given Wootton replacing him...

All in all I’m a very happy Janner tonight!!! :thumbup:

Always saw Wootton as more in defensive midfield than centre back, totally agree. :scarf:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I was particularly impressed by how well Edwards scored the second goal considering it beat the Sunderland keeper at a good height from an acute angle. I hope this result gives the team an injection of confidence for Saturday

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreatYarmouthGreen":2qrnc5i1 said:
gru_mpy":2qrnc5i1 said:
If anyone fancies a good laugh and some literary entertainment then I recommend you take a look at readytogo.net, the Sunderland fans forum. They really do think they're something special. Apparently, their club has just reached their lowest point in a hundred years by losing to the 'likes' of Plymouth Argyle! Pathetic fans, pathetic comments.

Yes they do generally seem to be up there own backsides. Making themselves sound like high-fliers still when they have been in this league for (I think) 4 years now? They have been slowly getting worse each year they've been in league 1. They will not be going up this year and they will always be the Exeter of the North-east.

I can understand the frustration though. Only six other clubs have spent more seasons in the top flight than Sunderland and suddenly they find themselves where they are. You are where you are in this game though but it takes fans a while to come to terms with the reality.

Are they really "up there own backsides?" I have seen similar remarks from PASOTI royalty on here suggesting that the likes of Crawley, Burton and Wycombe shouldn't be spoken in the same sentences as Argyle. Football fans can be the same whoever they support.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Lundan Cabbie":2ay0wpza said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":2ay0wpza said:
gru_mpy":2ay0wpza said:

I can understand the frustration though. Only six other clubs have spent more seasons in the top flight than Sunderland and suddenly they find themselves where they are. You are where you are in this game though but it takes fans a while to come to terms with the reality.

Are they really "up there own backsides?" I have seen similar remarks from PASOTI royalty on here suggesting that the likes of Crawley, Burton and Wycombe shouldn't be spoken in the same sentences as Argyle. Football fans can be the same whoever they support.

It is frustrating for them, but it's all relative. It's been a long time since they were in the Premier League. They need to wake up and smell the coffee. Noone is going to give them a break in this league. League 1 is a good mix of some skillful play and some hoofball and noone is going to wait for them to start putting 2 and 2 together.

To make matters worse (for them) is the salary cap that has been put on teams in the league this year. So even if they wanted to sign some excellent championship players, it would be very difficult for them.

That being said i do apologise for my coarseness and I do have some sympathy as they have been run very badly the last few years and it's never nice to see that as we well know.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If they have financial resources but are not able to spend on players, perhaps, they should invest in their pitch and drainage. It was very disappointing to see the ‘superb’ ‘Stadium of Light’ and the state of the pitch.
There would have been no problem at Home Park as long as the wind didn’t blow the roof off.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
GreatYarmouthGreen":17ucb6k8 said:
gru_mpy":17ucb6k8 said:

Exeter of the north east - I think you’ll find that’s Colin's outfit GYG. In anybody's book, Sunderland are a very big if not massive football club.

Mar 18, 2014
They were a big club you mean..................they are no mid-table L1. They have been have always been a yoyo club in my lifetime

There must be a strong chance things could get worse for them unless mega rich Middle East or Chinese business people enter their boardroom

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Big club status isn’t just about what league you are currently in. It’s about history, support, tradition, stadium etc. If you dont think Sunderland are a big club, you really need to think it through. Put it this way, they will be back in the top flight before Argyle ever get there. Yo yo club? Oh yeah, 15 seasons out of the last twenty in the top flight, including a run of 10 consecutive seasons. 87 seasons in the top flight out of 120. I’m no Sunderland fan, but I certainly know they’re a very big club and so do most people who know anything about football in this country.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with Owly there.

Sunderland or Watford?

West Brom or Nottingham Forest?

Form is temporary class is permanent.