Supporters Bar | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":s0w9eask said:
So what are you saying David? The regulars that have gone for the last five years are cast aside for the people that now fancy a proper building? Is that fair?

Surely as soon as the club vacate the bottom tier on around New Year, there will be another 300 odd people that can join.

Upstairs FansFest and downstairs a supporters bar. Built buy and bought by Argyle fans, what more can any Argyle fan want?

I agree past regulars who have been attending , should have priority.
But you must admit the total lack of news and information, regarding future membership is deafening.

In fact I have left messages, and emails over the last few months on the contact numbers for the GT, and not one single reply.

There are people like me out there, willing to use the new place, not only on match days, but during the week, but have no information whatsoever.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To be fair the GT's have been rather busy building a wonderful facility haven't they?

There's not a legion of people, primarily 2/3 that are involved with this at the moment.

They're probably run of their feet. I was with two of them for two hours yesterday and their phones were buzzing away like mad.

Sep 19, 2015
Am I right in assuming that the memberships are only required for match days? As a few others have stated, I would be quite interested in using the facility during the week but have no intention of visiting on Match Days. Thanks in advance

Feb 17, 2017
I would also be interested in this myself as it would be very good to use not only in the week but also on match days. The lack of any information is quite disappointing, i have seen numerous questions being asked regarding memberships over the last months, they always seem to be met with hostility and no actual answers. I think the lack of information is more by design than failure unfortunately. Its a shame as im sure there are may supporters that would like the opportunity to experience this myself included. The information that now the top bar has reached full allocation without one public announcement of how to apply, not even a percentage to general sale as such is disappointing

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Loads of that Chris! :greensmile:

Saying that I havenā€™t attended one for about four years now.

Jul 3, 2013
Would there ever be a chance of creating a couple of darts teams and pool teams that play on the same evening, maybe even a couple of 6 a side teams up at goals to go with it, this way only one night would need to be staffed but it would be start of creating non match day revenue, if this was to be done on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening then a few other heads might float through the door if football is being shown.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Stiffler":1i0bhj6j said:
Would there ever be a chance of creating a couple of darts teams and pool teams that play on the same evening, maybe even a couple of 6 a side teams up at goals to go with it, this way only one night would need to be staffed but it would be start of creating non match day revenue, if this was to be done on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening then a few other heads might float through the door if football is being shown.

Probably Wednesday cos we play a game or three on a Tuesday! :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Does full mean full? If so how will away fans get a ticket?

Surely the best way ahead would be to oversubscribe membership and sell fanfest tickets separately to first come first served. Anybody that canā€™t go to every game shouldnā€™t be ignored for every opportunity.

Also, just a quick point to the previous fanfest clientele. Whilst true, the same people went religiously every two weeks, isnā€™t it true that tickets for the next fanfest were pretty much sold out by those that went to the previous one so very few went to any first timers because it was a closed shop.

May 16, 2016
Whilst not a surprise to me as I read it somewhere a few months ago, I'd say that a sold out Membership is one thing but a Full House is another. Appreciate that Rules is Rules but might they be turning away Matchday cash, especially if not all Members are attending ?

I've never attended a Fans Fest but the idea of a couple of J2Os' and a snack in nice surroundings while possibly watching a Match with my Grandson would have been appealing.

Barrie Davis

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
As far as I can see from the licence, there is no NEED for a membership. It is a Premises Licence, the same as a pub, as opposed to a Club Premises Certificate which bona fide members' clubs can get to reflect that everyone present will be a member or guest of a member. The difference, basically, is that a members' club is private property and entry is not generally permitted for the general public. The alcohol is not sold by retail as it is owned by all the members and the whole thing is run by an elected committee. There are also other advantages, such as the availability of bigger capacity gaming machines. Clearly, it is not that type of venue. It is therefore to be run commercially on terms set down by the management who may require a membership scheme or open it up to everyone. As you know, a pub can decide to ban dogs and kids or even close early or not open at all, depends on what sort of business they want to have. There need not be hard and fast rules which apply all the time, but circumstances (and entry requirements) can be changed depending on the event.

Sep 20, 2003
Ade the green":1df8u9sw said:
Does full mean full? If so how will away fans get a ticket?

Surely the best way ahead would be to oversubscribe membership and sell fanfest tickets separately to first come first served. Anybody that canā€™t go to every game shouldnā€™t be ignored for every opportunity.

Also, just a quick point to the previous fanfest clientele. Whilst true, the same people went religiously every two weeks, isnā€™t it true that tickets for the next fanfest were pretty much sold out by those that went to the previous one so very few went to any first timers because it was a closed shop.

Before I respond I must make it clear that these views are my own.

1. I believe that members not attending have been asked to let the Gt's know with then the possibility of selling day ticket.

2. There was nearly always tickets available on the door for anyone that turned up and asked. I am not saying this will be the case now however the majority of fans fests in the "tent" had some tickets available.

On another note I would think there will be a statement at some point detailing opening times and also the magnificant facilities that will be available inside.

tonsk

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Is there a fansfest on Tuesday or is it just the bar?

tonsk