Supporters Bar | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade the green":1edsbfh4 said:
So is the bottom bar sold out of memberships as well?

Okay, here’s another question.

The fanfests start at 11:30-12:00 but the GT bar has a kitchen. On match day, can people go in for a full English before 11:30 as long as they promise to leave before the gentry come in?

I've absolutely no idea.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I have no inside knowledge of the membership scheme but it seems to me that if you invested some money that you automatically got membership which only seems fair. I am only speculating but I imagine most investors only invested relatively small amounts so there well be quite a few of them. It could simply be that there was no need to advertise for members because the investors have taken all the places. I could be totally wrong of course which has been known.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Well, this is all very disappointing! I have attended many fanfests over the years since they started but as an exile it became increasingly difficult to get in, even more so when tickets for the next event were being sold at the ongoing event. As an exile I can't get to every game; some do but a 250 mile round trip isn't one I can make every 2 weeks. The upshot of that is that once out of the loop, it became hard to get back in again. I was hoping that I would get chance to buy a membership to get equal chance of buying a fanfest ticket for the matches I attend. It would have been nice to see memberships openly advertised but that hasn't happened. I was always much happier to know that my beer and pasty ££££s were going to the GTs but in looks like others will be profiting from me in future.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keyham Pilgrim":21gdu3tp said:
I have no inside knowledge of the membership scheme but it seems to me that if you invested some money that you automatically got membership which only seems fair. I am only speculating but I imagine most investors only invested relatively small amounts so there well be quite a few of them. It could simply be that there was no need to advertise for members because the investors have taken all the places. I could be totally wrong of course which has been known.

I understand all that you’ve said but why couldn’t that have been explained? No-one could possibly have objected but as yet there is still no word on the lower bar membership so maybe that’s fully covered as well.

Which means as I said earlier that’s most here have been cooing about the prospective new bar with absolutely no chance of using it (maybe) and no doubt any events will always be sold to members first obviously as they’ll be the first ones told about it.

As someone said earlier, it is the exclusion that might lead people to not frequent it alt game day and less money going to investors and/or Argyle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If you fancy a look `round, here's an event for you perhaps.

JlkXjdN.jpg

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One more observation... a very large part of what made the fanfests great was the attendance of away fans. With all the good-natured banter, jokes and general togetherness that brought about. With obviously the best and most iconic example being the Fans Reunited event, but in general away supporters raved about the fanfests. Getting people from Rochdale or Portsmouth to join in the Janner song was a little bit magical.

It would be a real shame if that were to stop completely, in a new and improved venue. And purely in the interests of the punters and Rick and Dave too, a bit of variety makes it more interesting instead of exactly the same people every fortnight.

I don’t know what the answer is and perhaps this has all been considered already, but if it happened before surely it can still happen? Is the floor space smaller/bigger in the new venue?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":2sreyuif said:
One more observation... a very large part of what made the fanfests great was the attendance of away fans. With all the good-natured banter, jokes and general togetherness that brought about. With obviously the best and most iconic example being the Fans Reunited event, but in general away supporters raved about the fanfests. Getting people from Rochdale or Portsmouth to join in the Janner song was a little bit magical.

It would be a real shame if that were to stop completely, in a new and improved venue. And purely in the interests of the punters and Rick and Dave too, a bit of variety makes it more interesting instead of exactly the same people every fortnight.

I don’t know what the answer is and perhaps this has all been considered already, but if it happened before surely it can still happen? Is the floor space smaller/bigger in the new venue?

So the answer is to turn away Argyle fans for Exeter or Scunthorpe fans for instance and like you say, playing to the same people every fortnight.

Which is kind of like what we’re saying.

Mar 18, 2014
I don't come to many hoe games, so was looking forward to visiting the "supporters" bar. Little did I realise it was only for the chosen few and is in fact a "members" bar.

Calling it a supporters bar is very misleading

Sep 19, 2015
I have to say that the silence over this is deafening from the GT's. Nobody can question their loyalty to the club as they have done so many wonderful things during our darkest hour, maybe its time question their loyalty to the people who helped get them into their current position....the supporters.

Feb 17, 2017
This should have been built by the club as a true supporters bar on a first come first served basis, with all profits going straight back into the club. They would have advertised on the official site opening hours for the whole week and availability. Had the premise of a members bar and not a supporters bar being made clear at the start im sure this would have been meet with some objections. Allegedly it seems you can only use this members bar if you helped to build it or invested in it, this will just isolate fans that might consider using the facilities in the week

Sep 25, 2010
PlymouthCasual":1svzk4n8 said:
I have to say that the silence over this is deafening from the GT's. Nobody can question their loyalty to the club as they have done so many wonderful things during our darkest hour, maybe its time question their loyalty to the people who helped get them into their current position....the supporters.

Agreed totally, I have been asking for further information for almost a year now, and have been met with total deafening silence.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
As a season ticket holder I was keenly looking forward to the opening of the Supporters Bar, I thought it was one of the things that was highlighted as a huge opportunity from the redevelopment programme.
Having read five or so pages of comment on this thread, I`m still somewhat confused about where we all stand on this one, will we be able to use this bar or not and if so when ?
Could we possibly just ask The Green Taverners to release a statement regarding this so whatever the rules over use are, we at least know where we all stand ?