Supporters Bar | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Sep 20, 2003
tonsk":3b1vaeik said:
Is there a fansfest on Tuesday or is it just the bar?

tonsk

Rick has allready put it out there on Facebook so feel I can comment.

It is intended that the first fans fest in the new facility will be on the 20th of August against Salford.

Obviously this isn't set in stone yet as there could be last minute delays.

Sep 25, 2010
Neilz5419":3iqwpieo said:
I would also be interested in this myself as it would be very good to use not only in the week but also on match days. The lack of any information is quite disappointing, i have seen numerous questions being asked regarding memberships over the last months, they always seem to be met with hostility and no actual answers. I think the lack of information is more by design than failure unfortunately. Its a shame as im sure there are may supporters that would like the opportunity to experience this myself included. The information that now the top bar has reached full allocation without one public announcement of how to apply, not even a percentage to general sale as such is disappointing

Not to be taken too seriously

Built by the fans, run by the fans, for the GTā€™s.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Martyn":2efzuhi1 said:
Neilz5419":2efzuhi1 said:
I would also be interested in this myself as it would be very good to use not only in the week but also on match days. The lack of any information is quite disappointing, i have seen numerous questions being asked regarding memberships over the last months, they always seem to be met with hostility and no actual answers. I think the lack of information is more by design than failure unfortunately. Its a shame as im sure there are may supporters that would like the opportunity to experience this myself included. The information that now the top bar has reached full allocation without one public announcement of how to apply, not even a percentage to general sale as such is disappointing

So why say it then? It's a bit like " No offence but....................."

I can assure you the GT's sweat blood and tears for the fans and the club.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":mg16jqhc said:
Martyn":mg16jqhc said:
Neilz5419":mg16jqhc said:

So why say it then? It's a bit like " No offence but....................."

I can assure you the GT's sweat blood and tears for the fans and the club.

No offence but there are still some things confusing me regarding memberships etc....

1) The capacity for the fanfest must now have increased to more than the Marquee

2) Tickets for the fanfests have in the past been sold to away fans that wonā€™t have memberships

3) If, as has been stated, if a member canā€™t attend how would that ticket/space be sold on

4) was there ever a chance of new blood in memberships or was friends of friends notified to snap up the tickets.

To be honest, now that there is little or no chance of ever being allowed into the GT bar itā€™s rather taken the pleasure out of seeing it being built and the progress being made. Pretty much the same as the club waiting and waiting to let anyone see the completed parts of the refurbishment even though the changing rooms have been completed for at least 3 months and have been used for a month by now.

To be fair, iā€™ve never been to a fanfest and maybe if iā€™d been to one the likelyhood is I wouldnā€™t go again very often. The thought of the same entertainment over and over again doesnā€™t appeal but now more than ever, there is definitely different classes of Argyle fans and whilst iā€™m proud to be a pleb there are probably some that deserve a chance of elevating themselves into the elite if only they had the chance.

Once the downstairs facility is open it will be interesting to see if this is open to all who might be interested. Either that or maybe Argyle and the GTs could put 5 golden tickets into random bars of Argyle chocolate they sell in the shop.

May 16, 2016
The Memberships are fine and dandy for controlling numbers on a Matchday, but be careful of potentially alienating the future Walk-Ins needed to keep it alive during the week should it be open.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
So is it not now possible to attend a fansfest if I am not a member (donā€™t think I ever saw any invitation for membership or information about membership???).
Also do you have to have some sort of membership to have a pre match beer in the downstairs bar?
Open Information seems very sparse on all this??

Mar 21, 2013
Nice if it operated more like any other normal bar, not a big fan of a closed membership club that it appears to be, little bit clicky for something that should be open to all who attend.

Sep 25, 2010
loveargyles":2mj5fihx said:
So is it not now possible to attend a fansfest if I am not a member (donā€™t think I ever saw any invitation for membership or information about membership???).
Also do you have to have some sort of membership to have a pre match beer in the downstairs bar?
Open Information seems very sparse on all this??

Exactly what I am getting at.

It is totally understandable and fair that GT,ā€™s who have built the place, and made donations to it, should have memberships.

But where is the information regarding other supporters, who wish to participate in the New surroundings, (rather than put more money in the pocket, of the owner of Wetherspoons (Britannia) ).

Apparently it is to open for the Salford game, but no information.

Is it going to be like the Far post club, having a membership scheme ?

It is only reasonable questions, I have left many messages on the contact number for GTā€™s, but nobody ever calls back.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
From my own experience at the final fan Fest last season against Scunthorpe details was asked for those wishing to become members of the new GTs bar.
I have been going to most fans fest's since it started and have nothing but praise for what they stand for and what is donated to excellent cause,mostly Argyle related.
I have received e mails from GTs asking to be informed if I cannot attend any fans Fest so my ticket can be offered to others, nothing wrong there.
Obviously some fans may be disappointed but surely it is right for loyalty to be shown to the few who gave there own time and many times money to support the staff who were not being paid in Argyle s darkest time's...

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
RichieB":3ayy3712 said:
From my own experience at the final fan Fest last season against Scunthorpe details was asked for those wishing to become members of the new GTs bar.
I have been going to most fans fest's since it started and have nothing but praise for what they stand for and what is donated to excellent cause,mostly Argyle related.
I have received e mails from GTs asking to be informed if I cannot attend any fans Fest so my ticket can be offered to others, nothing wrong there.
Obviously some fans may be disappointed but surely it is right for loyalty to be shown to the few who gave there own time and many times money to support the staff who were not being paid in Argyle s darkest time's...

The point being, as you said youā€™ve been to most fanfests in the marquee, so let me ask you this...
When you were sat down at one fanfest did you buy a ticket or were you offered a ticket for the next? As it stood, most fanfests were sold out before the last one finished. With the increase of attendees in the new bar, how were these tickets/memberships sold? How many tickets are allotted to away that canā€™t possibly have memberships?

Until the new year, the lower part of the GTā€™s bar will be used by corporate entertainment so itā€™s not worth anyone making any representation for membership until then but when these tickets finally are made available, how many will find there way into new members hands?

Donā€™t forget, thereā€™s many a fan oohing and aahhing over the GoSs pictures of the refurb but thereā€™s precious few who will get the chance to partake of the new offerings.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Ok, so fansfests are a no go (sold out).
But what about the downstairs bar, is it open to all or do you need a membership for that?
If so, how do I get one?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I decided to waive my right to a membership as an investor but I have asked and the GT's have agreed that twice a season I can have eight tickets. These will be offered as prizes on here.

No money will change hands, just you have to be a member of PASOTI and you simply register your interest in attending a game and attending the Supporters Bar (bottom floor).

At least that will mean that 16 people get to see it this season. :scarf:

Sep 25, 2010
Ade the green":1l2s47ye said:
RichieB":1l2s47ye said:

The point being, as you said youā€™ve been to most fanfests in the marquee, so let me ask you this...
When you were sat down at one fanfest did you buy a ticket or were you offered a ticket for the next? As it stood, most fanfests were sold out before the last one finished. With the increase of attendees in the new bar, how were these tickets/memberships sold? How many tickets are allotted to away that canā€™t possibly have memberships?

Until the new year, the lower part of the GTā€™s bar will be used by corporate entertainment so itā€™s not worth anyone making any representation for membership until then but when these tickets finally are made available, how many will find there way into new members hands?

Donā€™t forget, thereā€™s many a fan oohing and aahhing over the GoSs pictures of the refurb but thereā€™s precious few who will get the chance to partake of the new offerings.

So we will have a brand new ā€˜supporters barā€™, which most of the supporters, will not get a chance to participate in on a match day,

Also, what are the opening times, and membership available other than match days. Save this may be the only chance to get in.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":t5tvznob said:
I decided to waive my right to a membership as an investor but I have asked and the GT's have agreed that twice a season I can have eight tickets. These will be offered as prizes on here.

No money will change hands, just you have to be a member of PASOTI and you simply register your interest in attending a game and attending the Supporters Bar (bottom floor).

At least that will mean that 16 people get to see it this season. :scarf:

So is the bottom bar sold out of memberships as well?

Okay, hereā€™s another question.

The fanfests start at 11:30-12:00 but the GT bar has a kitchen. On match day, can people go in for a full English before 11:30 as long as they promise to leave before the gentry come in?