Team for Saturday | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Saturday

Jul 12, 2016
Pottypilgrim":2yhhh82c said:
jimsing":2yhhh82c said:
You are very much a supporter of the "old time" football, Oldage.

The carrot and the whip were used in the past, but the modern way of getting the best out of a group of players is to treat them as adults.

Respect has to be earned, not thrust on the players, as in the past.

Explanations of what is required, why it is required, and of re-showing the game with the focus on what has gone wrong and of players owning up to their mistakes is now the way.

Big difference from being "one of the boys" as you put it.

The days of throwing things at the players in the changing room has gone. Rationalisation and discussion have taken over. Common sense prevails these days, there can be no bullying as in the past.

Its not a case of using this as far as I am concerned. Its about showing a bit of desire when you play the game. Lowe doesn't seem to have any passion in the way he manages. Rationalisation and discussion is not going to put fire in the belly of a player. If the only 'punishment' a player experiences is being benched then I'll wager the majority of todays players wouldn't give a monkeys about that happening....after all, they are still going to get paid. He needs to show them that he is pi**ed off and he isn't going to do that by sitting them down to have a chat and asking them what they think went wrong. After the Rochdale débacle he 'punished' them by not letting them have the next day off which is apparently the norm. So the poor lads came in and they sat in a warm room and watched a video of the game and then they all had a chat. Whoopy f*%$ing do. They should have been out on the park, in the cold and having their lungs busting doing shuttles. They should learn that if you don't put in any effort on a game day then you will be putting effort in on the very next day. That isn't 'carrot and whip'. Thats bringing focus to how sh*t they played the day/night before.
Exactly. Imagine the scenario on Wednesday at HP.
RL, Welcome to the meeting to address what happened last night.Hope you all slept well and didn't have any nightmares cause of those nasty men from Rochdale. I know you are doing your best and it is difficult to get the ball but defenders try and kick it out of play sometimes if you are worried. Midfielders, I know you are missing our mate Danny but don't get too upset ,he will be back soon. Strikers , not easy to score when you have to beat a goalkeeper so I sympathise.
Anyway time for a group hug and a quick chorus of "Danny Boy " to cheer you up. Better luck on Saturday .I love you all.

Dec 20, 2011
oldage":sgai2z6y said:
Pottypilgrim":sgai2z6y said:
jimsing":sgai2z6y said:
You are very much a supporter of the "old time" football, Oldage.

The carrot and the whip were used in the past, but the modern way of getting the best out of a group of players is to treat them as adults.

Respect has to be earned, not thrust on the players, as in the past.

Explanations of what is required, why it is required, and of re-showing the game with the focus on what has gone wrong and of players owning up to their mistakes is now the way.

Big difference from being "one of the boys" as you put it.

The days of throwing things at the players in the changing room has gone. Rationalisation and discussion have taken over. Common sense prevails these days, there can be no bullying as in the past.

Its not a case of using this as far as I am concerned. Its about showing a bit of desire when you play the game. Lowe doesn't seem to have any passion in the way he manages. Rationalisation and discussion is not going to put fire in the belly of a player. If the only 'punishment' a player experiences is being benched then I'll wager the majority of todays players wouldn't give a monkeys about that happening....after all, they are still going to get paid. He needs to show them that he is pi**ed off and he isn't going to do that by sitting them down to have a chat and asking them what they think went wrong. After the Rochdale débacle he 'punished' them by not letting them have the next day off which is apparently the norm. So the poor lads came in and they sat in a warm room and watched a video of the game and then they all had a chat. Whoopy f*%$ing do. They should have been out on the park, in the cold and having their lungs busting doing shuttles. They should learn that if you don't put in any effort on a game day then you will be putting effort in on the very next day. That isn't 'carrot and whip'. Thats bringing focus to how sh*t they played the day/night before.
RL, Welcome to the meeting to address what happened last night.Hope you all slept well and didn't have any nightmares cause of those nasty men from Rochdale. I know you are doing your best and it is difficult to get the ball but defenders try and kick it out of play sometimes if you are worried. Midfielders, I know you are missing our mate Danny but don't get too upset ,he will be back soon. Strikers , not easy to score when you have to beat a goalkeeper so I sympathise.
Anyway time for a group hug and a quick chorus of "Danny Boy " to cheer you up. Better luck on Saturday .I love you all.

:wave: :funny:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Anyway time for a group hug and a quick chorus of "Danny Boy " to cheer you up. Better luck on Saturday .I love you all.[/quote]

:lol: