Team for Tuesday ?? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Tuesday ??

Sep 25, 2010
oldage":2de7uvfe said:
MGM, I tend to agree with a lot of your sentiments but unlike you I cannot bother to post on PASOTI any more.
The likes of Deveongreenowl, Balham Green and a couple of others posters are just ignorant and I can no longer be bothered to waste time on these obnoxious individuals. I will leave it to you to fly the flag by giving your honest opinions for genuine supporters to read.
:sigh:

.??

Bloody hell, , are you in a bad mood

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":2a4zozta said:
oldage":2a4zozta said:
MGM, I tend to agree with a lot of your sentiments but unlike you I cannot bother to post on PASOTI any more.
The likes of Deveongreenowl, Balham Green and a couple of others posters are just ignorant and I can no longer be bothered to waste time on these obnoxious individuals. I will leave it to you to fly the flag by giving your honest opinions for genuine supporters to read.

.??

While I don't agree with a lot of Oldage's posts he does have a point about those two particular posters. He's not the first to stop posting because of them and he won't be the last.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
PL2 3DQ":37mbtkov said:
Martyn":37mbtkov said:
oldage":37mbtkov said:

.??

While I don't agree with a lot of Oldage's posts he does have a point about those two particular posters. He's not the first to stop posting because of them and he won't be the last.

:sigh: Oldage = pot and kettle.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":35efp1y1 said:
I don’t repeat it every day. Another EXAGGERATION. I talk about in threads, often made by others discussing where we can improve. I post a few times a week if there is an interesting thread.

I also post after games, because just like against Colchester, Salford, Macclesfield and now Bradford we concede “soft” goals and it’s not like a lie because we can see it for ourselves. If same defensive mistakes are being repeated after 35 games I’d say there is an issue.

If it wasn’t happening, no need to discuss it. As it’s been happening recently in a number of games l think it’s fair to raise it.

As for being sensitive. If l engage in conversation with you l can’t be that sensitive.

And STILL he goes on.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":k6r9fmd8 said:
Martyn":k6r9fmd8 said:
oldage":k6r9fmd8 said:

.??

Well if people cant accept being CHALLENGED perhaps they shouldnt post. Just agree with them all the time. Is that the way forward? I dont believe calling somebody a broken record is abusive. In fact its the truth as his most recent post demonstrates!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":z2uvsj3g said:
Martyn":z2uvsj3g said:
oldage":z2uvsj3g said:

.??

Maybe it should be those that cause the trouble should be told to leave instead of posters not posting anymore. I’ve certainly stopped posting in response to some people on here.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2ggd0tob said:
PL2 3DQ":2ggd0tob said:
Martyn":2ggd0tob said:
oldage":2ggd0tob said:

.??

Maybe it should be those that cause the trouble should be told to leave instead of posters not posting anymore. I’ve certainly stopped posting in response to some people on here.

So you dont think people e.g. mgm and his regular repetitive 'sermons', should be challenged? Just curious.

Jan 2, 2019
Whoever said about the defence is right. It wasn’t good enough last season and isn’t good enough this season. McFadzean didn’t impress the last time he played at centre half. How about a change of formation and play Cooper the best passer of a ball at the club In centre midfield.

Mar 14, 2009
I think the best thing is for me to stop posting until the season has finished. As l would probably highlight similar issues if they keep arising.

Once again, l apologise if l antagonise people with my style of posting. We all have our way of communicating and this is mine.

I honestly love Argyle to bits and when l watch the games l just support the team and manager.

It’s just afterwards l use this platform to say what l see, whether it’s good or bad.

I understand why people think lm negative. However, l’ve very positive about the direction of the club. I think the chairman is fantastic. I think the back room team on and off the pitch is making the club appear very professional.

People mistake thinking that just because l don’t believe the side will finish in the top 3 that somehow lm not still at games hoping they win every match to finish as high as possible. I just am honest about what l’ve seen. I wish l could wax lyrical about how Argyle have performed but they haven’t put in a convincing performance since Carlisle away.

Yes lm repetitive because simply it’s hard to talk about other things apart from the obvious ones which have been affecting our team now for the past two seasons. What else for example can you highlight today than how easy the Bradford player scored from a set piece. How many times have we seen this already this season? When l seen Aimson play he looked totally on another level compared to Sawyer, Canavan and Wootton. That highlighted to me just how poor our defensive unit was.

I understand the manager has responsibilities in terms of results and performances. Yet look at the league.

September 2018 Duff was appointed Cheltenham manager

June 2018 Taylor appointed Exeter manager

November 2018 Wellens appointed Swindon manager

January 2917 Artell appointed Crewe manager

Look at the improvements these teams have made since last season. You need time to build a squad and a team. It doesn’t just click overnight. By which l mean within the first 12 months. The proof is in the teams and the managers above.

Even Lowe at Bury struggled for first five months at the back end of the 17-18 season.

Anyhow, let’s hope we get promotion but if not l still feel we have a plan which we are trying to implement to move this club forward. Not just talking about things. Actually doing them. Something that l feel has been lacking since l supported Argyle.

Anyhow looking forward to a cold wet night against Grimsby. ...... ..COYG’s :scarf:

Mar 8, 2016
Blimey some people need to get a grip, we are all argyle fans but have different opinions on what we are seeing in the pitch. The Likes of Balham and MGM add value to this forum, I may not agree with them very often but I like reading what they think. No way should you stop posting MGM, voice your opinion, that’s what this board is for.

Sep 6, 2006
:nworthy:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3f59tdzy said:
I think the best thing is for me to stop posting until the season has finished. As l would probably highlight similar issues if they keep arising.

Once again, l apologise if l antagonise people with my style of posting. We all have our way of communicating and this is mine.

I honestly love Argyle to bits and when l watch the games l just support the team and manager.

It’s just afterwards l use this platform to say what l see, whether it’s good or bad.

I understand why people think lm negative. However, l’ve very positive about the direction of the club. I think the chairman is fantastic. I think the back room team on and off the pitch is making the club appear very professional.

People mistake thinking that just because l don’t believe the side will finish in the top 3 that somehow lm not still at games hoping they win every match to finish as high as possible. I just am honest about what l’ve seen. I wish l could wax lyrical about how Argyle have performed but they haven’t put in a convincing performance since Carlisle away.

Yes lm repetitive because simply it’s hard to talk about other things apart from the obvious ones which have been affecting our team now for the past two seasons. What else for example can you highlight today than how easy the Bradford player scored from a set piece. How many times have we seen this already this season? When l seen Aimson play he looked totally on another level compared to Sawyer, Canavan and Wootton. That highlighted to me just how poor our defensive unit was.

I understand the manager has responsibilities in terms of results and performances. Yet look at the league.

September 2018 Duff was appointed Cheltenham manager

June 2018 Taylor appointed Exeter manager

November 2018 Wellens appointed Swindon manager

January 2917 Artell appointed Crewe manager

Look at the improvements these teams have made since last season. You need time to build a squad and a team. It doesn’t just click overnight. By which l mean within the first 12 months. The proof is in the teams and the managers above.

Even Lowe at Bury struggled for first five months at the back end of the 17-18 season.

Anyhow, let’s hope we get promotion but if not l still feel we have a plan which we are trying to implement to move this club forward. Not just talking about things. Actually doing them. Something that l feel has been lacking since l supported Argyle.

Anyhow looking forward to a cold wet night against Grimsby. ...... ..COYG’s :scarf:

Again you talk about the defence mgm. How do you square that with having the 4th best goals against in the Division and Lowe's adventurous(sometimes for me reckless) tactics? Ok they are not great but its League 2 so they will make mistakes. I am more concerned about our recent lack of goals and even chance creation. We seem to rely on a young lad not good enough to get in the squad at start of season, a loanee who never starts and injury prone others whilst our attack minded Midfielders e.g. Cooper and Mayor, dont score either. Not a recipe for success.

Jan 30, 2016
I do like to read MGM's views -I think they are honest and well balanced.

I think we have ridden our luck since the Crewe game and are lacking the player with a killer instinct in front of goal. I would start Hardie on Tuesday night -he does seem to have an eye for goal.

As for the left sided centre half, how about Conor Grant - I recall he played left back several times last season and put a decent shift in.

I hope Josh Grant can play in front of the back three -and Bakinson move to a more attacking role - he also has a good shot on him.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
As individuals, our defenders are not very good but as we are playing at a very poor level, the finishing is equally poor so their constant mistakes are not being punished in the same way that they were last season in League 1 against better players.

Regarding Cooper, he has barely played a game for Argyle in his preferred position as an attacking midfielder so it’s unfair to criticise his goal return. However, even playing out of position as a WB he has far more assists than Mayor but despite this, Lowe cannot find a place for him in a team that without him look absolutely bereft of creativity.

Meanwhile, Mayor is picked every game despite a very disappointing season where he has scored just 1 goal and only provided 4 assists compared to Cooper’s 10 from about half the game time.

It would be harsh to call Mayor a flop but let’s be honest, he has been a massive disappointment.

He looks neat and tidy on the ball in the middle third but there is rarely any meaningful end product. I can’t remember the last time Mayor cut inside and got a shot away, probably Salford back in September. His sole aim is to play a passing triangle out wide with McFadzean to allow him to cross the ball into the first defender who clears the ball easily.

The nonsense about him being better than Carey was one of the more stupid comments from Lowe and to use one of his favourite Scouse quotes, Carey is “different class” compared to Mayor.