Team for Tuesday ?? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Tuesday ??

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":3sdmbndk said:
freddie2greens":3sdmbndk said:
id go as follows,

Palmer

Canavan
Wootton
Fadz

Cooper LWB
Mayor
Edwards CDM
Moore RWB
Bakinson

Jephcott
Taylor

We need to win this game to get our season back on track, Bakinson looked good earlier in the season when played further forward imo so I would keep him in the side. We would be much weaker in defence, granted, but we should stick to our principles and go for it. Hopefully Aimson can come in to the side in a week or two if required or we have to recall Ryan Law maybe. We look very weak in defence atm but have no alternatives. I for one am keeping the faith and hope we go for it as we dont really have any options. im assuming Sarce is out?

I'd go for that team but with Hardie in for either Jephcott or Taylor.
Edwards does a good job as the defensive midfielder and Bakinson can play in Sarcevic's role.
With injuries and suspensions now hitting us our January transfer business looks poor, especially with Aimson out long term (in January) and now the lack of defensive cover.
There was no defender on the bench today.

As we've found out over the last three matches - plan A doesn't work on poor pitches.
It looks like Lowe will live or die on his football principles and philosophy.

Hardie for Jephcott I would say.

Jun 24, 2008
It's like bickering children in here :shh:

Team for me would be

Palmer

Wootton
Canavan
Fadzean

B.Moore
G.Cooper

Mayor
Edwards
Bakinson

Jephcott
Hardie

If Aimson or Josh Grant are fit then maybe one of those in for Fadz.

Apr 4, 2015
cheshiregreen":wvdsxgs6 said:
PL2 3DQ":wvdsxgs6 said:
freddie2greens":wvdsxgs6 said:
id go as follows,

Palmer

Canavan
Wootton
Fadz

Cooper LWB
Mayor
Edwards CDM
Moore RWB
Bakinson

Jephcott
Taylor

We need to win this game to get our season back on track, Bakinson looked good earlier in the season when played further forward imo so I would keep him in the side. We would be much weaker in defence, granted, but we should stick to our principles and go for it. Hopefully Aimson can come in to the side in a week or two if required or we have to recall Ryan Law maybe. We look very weak in defence atm but have no alternatives. I for one am keeping the faith and hope we go for it as we dont really have any options. im assuming Sarce is out?

I'd go for that team but with Hardie in for either Jephcott or Taylor.
Edwards does a good job as the defensive midfielder and Bakinson can play in Sarcevic's role.
With injuries and suspensions now hitting us our January transfer business looks poor, especially with Aimson out long term (in January) and now the lack of defensive cover.
There was no defender on the bench today.

As we've found out over the last three matches - plan A doesn't work on poor pitches.
It looks like Lowe will live or die on his football principles and philosophy.

Hardie for Jephcott I would say.

I think Hardie is better as an impact sub personally and I really like the look of Jephcott so would continue starting him over Hardie. I think Taylor could run em ragged for an hour then let Hardie get at em. I wouldn't be surprised if he started Telford instead of Taylor though as he seems to favour him over Taylor. Connor Grant could also get a start like he did last time sarce was out, either in midfield or left side defence? We have a few options but I dont think we have any choice but to go for it against Grimsby and try to outscore them as we are struggling defensively of late.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
djg145":2413lhy9 said:
Hardie and Cooper must start!

Agree.Also the lack of defensive incomings during the January transfer window is now coming home to roost which is no great surprise as suspensions/injuries were also likely to happen

Mayor is a quality player but we are all still waiting for him to take games by the scruff of the neck and show us all that he is a high quality player,hopefully this will be on Tuesday

Oct 5, 2013
Cobi Budge":306ma0c1 said:
Palmer

Wootton, Canavan, McFadzean

Randell

Moore, Cooper, Mayor, Edwards

Hardie, Jephcott

I like the look of that.
Think Taylor will keep his place though, at the expense of either Hardie or Jephcott.
Jephcott has made a good job of being target man and holding the ball up, but he’s more of a striker who moves in on goal and gets shots in, like Hardie is, so think they both need a Taylor to play off of.
Randell definitely deserves a go, we’ve been lacking real bite in that defensive midfield position all season.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
My pick would be a winning, entertaining one.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":25hryd8b said:
My pick would be a winning, entertaining one.
I'll just settle for a winning one.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":2r6xxk21 said:
I think the best thing is for me to stop posting until the season has finished. As l would probably highlight similar issues if they keep arising.

Once again, l apologise if l antagonise people with my style of posting. We all have our way of communicating and this is mine.

I honestly love Argyle to bits and when l watch the games l just support the team and manager.

It’s just afterwards l use this platform to say what l see, whether it’s good or bad.

I understand why people think lm negative. However, l’ve very positive about the direction of the club. I think the chairman is fantastic. I think the back room team on and off the pitch is making the club appear very professional.

People mistake thinking that just because l don’t believe the side will finish in the top 3 that somehow lm not still at games hoping they win every match to finish as high as possible. I just am honest about what l’ve seen. I wish l could wax lyrical about how Argyle have performed but they haven’t put in a convincing performance since Carlisle away.

Yes lm repetitive because simply it’s hard to talk about other things apart from the obvious ones which have been affecting our team now for the past two seasons. What else for example can you highlight today than how easy the Bradford player scored from a set piece. How many times have we seen this already this season? When l seen Aimson play he looked totally on another level compared to Sawyer, Canavan and Wootton. That highlighted to me just how poor our defensive unit was.

I understand the manager has responsibilities in terms of results and performances. Yet look at the league.

September 2018 Duff was appointed Cheltenham manager

June 2018 Taylor appointed Exeter manager

November 2018 Wellens appointed Swindon manager

January 2917 Artell appointed Crewe manager

Look at the improvements these teams have made since last season. You need time to build a squad and a team. It doesn’t just click overnight. By which l mean within the first 12 months. The proof is in the teams and the managers above.

Even Lowe at Bury struggled for first five months at the back end of the 17-18 season.

Anyhow, let’s hope we get promotion but if not l still feel we have a plan which we are trying to implement to move this club forward. Not just talking about things. Actually doing them. Something that l feel has been lacking since l supported Argyle.

Anyhow looking forward to a cold wet night against Grimsby. ...... ..COYG’s :scarf:
Don’t stop posting your opinions, Mickey.
I think that the problem is that many of us thought that we should have added to our defensive options in the latest transfer window but it didn’t happen.
We have to manage with those we have got and now that Sawyer is out for 4 games we are going to miss his experience.
Hopefully, Will Aimson will be available very soon.
I do think that Canavan has shown a big improvement from last season probably because his health issues have been resolved. He is the only defender who is good in the air, (well, Palmer is also useful compared to last season) and his distribution is also good. He also appears to have the experience to rarely be exposed for lack of pace.
Keep posting, Mickey but, perhaps, bear in mind that we can only utilise what we have got.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I like your posts Mickey & I often agree with much of them. They’re well thought out and they balance long term optimism with short term caution.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":958jyogu said:
Palmer

Wootton, Canavan, McFadzean

Randell

Moore, Cooper, Mayor, Edwards

Hardie, Jephcott

Sorry Cobi can’t agree with Edwards in Sarces position of the attacking right midfielder.. he’s done nothing to me to demonstrate he can
Orchestrate or make runs..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
MGM I value your comments, its your opinion and I like hearing your views so please don’t stop contributing to this forum..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think a Jephcott and Taylor partnership could be interesting...