Thankyou Brighton! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thankyou Brighton!

A

Anonymous

I'm gonna be having nightmares for eternity after today as I couldn't go, no one to look after my young daughter. I'm absolutely gutted!
Thankyou Brighton and hove Albion fans,you've made us tired argyle fans eternally gratefull, also thankyou to the other teams fans who came also. You've made our year :)

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
Sat near 2 Luton fans who came down for the match. Also on the way out spoke to 2 Celtic fans and found out that all of them came here just for the game today, travelling from both Luton and Glasgow. Thats support for us!!

H

Half-Time-Pasty

I'm a one team man, I don't want a second team.

BUT! After today...I'd quite happily see the seagulls perched on the bow of the good ship Mayflower!

When we're back - and we WILL be back! The games at Home Park and the Amex will flipping rock!

Brighton Fans are f*cking Awesome! Brighton Fans are f*cking Awesome!

Sep 4, 2011
ZeeZan6":3psb7xbv said:
Amazing support from Brighton fans. Had such a fantastic birthday so far. Completely overwhelmed by the fanfest when everyone sang happy birthday. Then the Brighton fans that were sat the row behind me reli made me smile. What a bunch! Got a Brighton hat and scarf, deffo my second team now :) xx

Glad you had a great birthday, and liked the scarf :) i thought it might make us your second team, and as it was your birthday i thought i would make your day a really memorable one.....

Were the right side, were the right side, were the right side Argyle boys

we had a really good day and it was a real pleasure coming down to meet you all and support your cause....

Lets hope it kicks your season off!!!

Half-Time-Pasty":2sobszx4 said:

BUT! After today...I'd quite happily see the seagulls perched on the bow of the good ship Mayflower!

When we're back - and we WILL be back! The games at Home Park and the Amex will flipping rock!

This.

Two out of the last 3 days I've forced myself to the pub at 3.45 to watch Brighton on tv. I know their players more than Argyle's. They have restored my faith in football. :cool:

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Bermudian Green":38mkj5to said:
Half-Time-Pasty":38mkj5to said:

This.

Two out of the last 3 days I've forced myself to the pub at 3.45 to watch Brighton on tv. I know their players more than Argyle's. They have restored my faith in football. :cool:
That's ok at least you weren't drinking.. :whistle:

Firstly, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of the fans who contributed in making the atmosphere in The Brit so fantastic.

Obviously, the Brighton fans must take centre stage - simply for their numbers -but representaives from so many different Clubs all made the occasion so poignant.

So many photographs were taken by so many people - could I ask that maybe we can collate them via Steve at GOS ?

Thank you to Patricia from the Trust who was also busy snapping away.

Thank you also goes to Paula and her Staff for being kitted out in green football strip [thanks Alex !!] and the door staff who allowed us a little more flexibility than normal - particularly at my speech time :whistle:

A great few hours both before and after the game in The Brit - never to be forgotten.

Keep the Faith :D

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Half-Time-Pasty":3mbgql00 said:

now there is a phrase i like!! :clap:

Sep 24, 2011
Hi all,

Just a quick message of (continuing) support from a Brighton fan. I couldn't make yesterday's Fans Reunited (in fact I have somehow been unable to attend ANY Fans United games!) but I know what an effect the original FU had on us.

Keep up the fight. We ARE behind you. You CAN win. It won't be easy, it might not be pretty, and it might not be the result or route you'd choose as ideal, but you CAN survive.

As I'm sure you now know if there are any other events planned, or other help needed we're there for you. North Stand Chat (www.northstandchat.com) is where we can be found, so keep in touch!

Jul 29, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":8x29ctn8 said:
EK_Brighton":8x29ctn8 said:
Hopefully will have some more photos tomorrow. Can't make it myself as I can't get the night off work, gutted, but I did parade my Argyle scarf all game tonight, and also sported a 2005(?) PAFC shirt with Nelson 11 on the back prior to the game. The words to the Ridsdale song, as someone asked were (I believe)

He's flipped up three clubs
Oh Peter Ridsdale
:whistle:

Was that the shirt lent to you by X-Isle?

Thought he could have given you a more up-to-date one than that, seeing as he spends 5 Grand a year in the club shop :whistle: :lol:

Great effort though by you all. :clap:

Cheeky Git ;). For the record 2005 would be around the time I 'progressed' to an extra large from a large, and young EK sure ain't extra large.

E

EK_Brighton

X Isle":2anl1fj4 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2anl1fj4 said:
EK_Brighton":2anl1fj4 said:
Hopefully will have some more photos tomorrow. Can't make it myself as I can't get the night off work, gutted, but I did parade my Argyle scarf all game tonight, and also sported a 2005(?) PAFC shirt with Nelson 11 on the back prior to the game. The words to the Ridsdale song, as someone asked were (I believe)

Oh Peter Ridsdale
:whistle:

Was that the shirt lent to you by X-Isle?

Thought he could have given you a more up-to-date one than that, seeing as he spends 5 Grand a year in the club shop :whistle: :lol:

Great effort though by you all. :clap:

Cheeky Git ;). For the record 2005 would be around the time I 'progressed' to an extra large from a large, and young EK sure ain't extra large.

It was quite a generous fit, to be fair, but then that was the fashion back then, er, right? ;)

Besides, I liked the fact it had Nelson on the back, something of a hero down our way as well as yours

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
hamzie":3g1tnerq said:
Sat near 2 Luton fans who came down for the match. Also on the way out spoke to 2 Celtic fans and found out that all of them came here just for the game today, travelling from both Luton and Glasgow. Thats support for us!!

This is one in the eye for the stay away so called fans with various excuses who cannot be bothered to travel a few miles to support your local team. The only excuse that is acceptable lost job/ student cannot afford it. The latest excuse is not stepping inside HP after Peter Reid was sacked. I didn't want him sacked after all he done for the club however the club and supporting it MUST come first. Tin Hat on. :scarf:

Jun 6, 2011
mikey":juefhkvm said:
hamzie":juefhkvm said:

This is one in the eye for the stay away so called fans with various excuses who cannot be bothered to travel a few miles to support your local team. The only excuse that is acceptable lost job/ student cannot afford it. The latest excuse is not stepping inside HP after Peter Reid was sacked. I didn't want him sacked after all he done for the club however the club and supporting it MUST come first. Tin Hat on. :scarf:

Mate ive not been on this forum for very long and i dared to create a thread about the level of the support that comes from Plymouth,not surprisingly i got slaughtered for it,with abuse from all angles.
The fact remains that the city support is abysmal...only those that would argue black is white say otherwise.
There are fans that are travelling hundreds of miles to watch their team while others are not crossing the road, why on earth are they in the wrong for pointing that out?