The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why? | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why?

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Oct 16, 2016
Seems obvious to me that it’s heinous to punish the club (sic) for misappropriation by owners. I suggest punishing the ‘owners’ by means of banning from owning registered companies and, in extreme circumstances, improsonment.

Why punish thousands for the greed and egotistical doings of the individual

Jul 14, 2008
Shankster":36bv3i3f said:
Seems obvious to me that it’s heinous to punish the club (sic) for misappropriation by owners. I suggest punishing the ‘owners’ by means of banning from owning registered companies and, in extreme circumstances, improsonment.

Why punish thousands for the greed and egotistical doings of the individual

Completely agree. Who knows where Keith Todd and Roy Gardner are these days but I’m sure they’ve not lost anything for what they did to our club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Todd is a tool of the first order, but I've heard that Roy Gardner put £500k in for a salary run knowing full well he would never get it back.

I think SuRoy was duped as we all were by the life long Argyle fan Todd.

A

andyr1963

What irritates many is the perceived lack of transparency, lack of simple detail made public, the re-developement of the Grandstand was always "Phase 2" the "Horseshoe" being "Phase 1"

At long long last a Main Contractor has been appointed, well whoopie do. Progress? Yeah alright. I have the impression time lines are still not in the "public domain" The work load has again been split this time............

GL events will implement a series of phased works on the Mayflower Stand at the stadium, the first focusing on enabling works and the installation of a new control room, ticketing office, and a club shop; The Argyle Superstore.

The second phase will see the business construct a new lower terrace, seating, new changing room facility, new corporate hospitality and conference and events spaces, and a completely new roof structure for the stand.

It s ALL going to be ready for 2020 Mayflower Celebrations :scarf: isn't it.........isn't it?

May 16, 2016
andyr1963":2nwy81hc said:

What irritates many is the perceived lack of transparency, lack of simple detail made public, the re-developement of the Grandstand was always "Phase 2" the "Horseshoe" being "Phase 1"

At long long last a Main Contractor has been appointed, well whoopie do. Progress? Yeah alright. I have the impression time lines are still not in the "public domain" The work load has again been split this time............

GL events will implement a series of phased works on the Mayflower Stand at the stadium, the first focusing on enabling works and the installation of a new control room, ticketing office, and a club shop; The Argyle Superstore.

The second phase will see the business construct a new lower terrace, seating, new changing room facility, new corporate hospitality and conference and events spaces, and a completely new roof structure for the stand.

It s ALL going to be ready for 2020 Mayflower Celebrations :scarf: isn't it.........isn't it?

Not sure if the 2020 Mayflower Celebration is a major date in the Football Calendar, or if any Yank venturing our way would be too bothered about the state of the local Soccer Stadium. A game v the US Ladies? ........

Most building / Renovation Projects - well, any project really - could be broken down into Stages / Phases. Nothing unique to Argyle here. Not sure what you'd like to see published. The detail you've pasted seems to tick the simple detail box you wanted.

May 8, 2011
andyr1963":2hfmx47s said:

If people perceive a lack of transparency then they believe there is a lack of transparency and no matter how much information the Club produces, no matter how many times the Club offer fans to question Directors, Management and other senior staff.

From reading other Argyle forums the ones moaning the most about lack of transparency are those that engage with the Club the least, as an example not turning up to Q&A sessions.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":dpqmfetm said:
andyr1963":dpqmfetm said:

If people perceive a lack of transparency then they believe there is a lack of transparency and no matter how much information the Club produces, no matter how many times the Club offer fans to question Directors, Management and other senior staff.

From reading other Argyle forums the ones moaning the most about lack of transparency are those that engage with the Club the least, as an example not turning up to Q&A sessions.

Don’t forget those who turn up to a Q&A session, clap politely and shake Brent’s hand. They then get on the inter web and stir up a load of shyte for him.

Jul 25, 2011
Maybe I’m one of the few in the dark here but until we know mr Brents total net personal loss or profit during his chairmanship I’m a bit puzzled as to how anyone can be either fanatically pro or anti? Maybe one of those who’re obviously in the know can enlighten me?
I know mr McCauley spent a large sum from his personal fortune but didn’t seem to be awfully popular.

May 22, 2006
MacAuley had the best of intentions for Argyle. He appointed Warnock and Sturrock and helped get the 2001 redevelopment started. But to say he had an ego problem was....shall we say a slight understatement. For the last three years he made it pretty obvious that he was sick and tired of the whole thing. The abuse his family received was shameful.

Brent, warts and all, does at least seem level-headed. Or cold, calculating and dangerous, depending on who you ask.

Jan 20, 2004
Jeez who'd want to be a football club chairman good or bad. Even if you grew up supporting a club and threw your whole wealth at the love of your life, you would more than likely end up detesting its fans.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

with-menace":2sj1dcsa said:
Maybe I’m one of the few in the dark here but until we know mr Brents total net personal loss or profit during his chairmanship I’m a bit puzzled as to how anyone can be either fanatically pro or anti? Maybe one of those who’re obviously in the know can enlighten me?

I'm not saying Brent is unquestionable, or should be free of criticism, but why does it matter if James Brent makes a personal profit? In fact, why would he bother doing it, if he doesn't make a profit either now or at some point in the future?

He's clearly not taking profit at detriment to the club as we've improved year on year under his stewardship and have a new stand being built as we speak. And he clearly doesn't have Middle Eastern millions, so I have no problem with him making money from his business investment.

Jan 20, 2004
What is wrong with taking on a broken product (PAFC in administration and about to cease existence) turn it around into a relatively succesful product and sell it on for a profit ?

with-menace":4f811zgi said:
I know mr McCauley spent a large sum from his personal fortune but didn’t seem to be awfully popular.

If shouldn’t matter if he made a personal loss or gain on the club?

Club has a wage structure, club is sustainable, improved year on year. Finances are published. Fan / management meetings are regular (but often poorly attended)

Can only assume there is a little bit of jealousy somewhere ...?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I am now doing what I accuse the ‘noisy few’ of doing, repeating the same thing ad nauseum.

There is nothing wrong with it at all Mike, UNLESS you are an ex banker and Old Etonian!