The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why? | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why?

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
The anti Brent thing is multi faceted. The fact that’s he’s and old Etonian and ex banker make him a massive target alone. Chuck you in Ian and it’s heaven for them.

That said, James is a nice bloke, he’s a businessman, he’s there to make money otherwise he’d be a crap businessman.

I have no issues with anything James has said or done or with people being mates with him.

The whole thing is pathetic and their little intimidation tactics need to stop before they escalate.

May 8, 2011
Leigh Rapson":1gsc948c said:
The anti Brent thing is multi faceted. The fact that’s he’s and old Etonian and ex banker make him a massive target alone. Chuck you in Ian and it’s heaven for them.

That said, James is a nice bloke, he’s a businessman, he’s there to make money otherwise he’d be a crap businessman.

I have no issues with anything James has said or done or with people being mates with him.

The whole thing is pathetic and their little intimidation tactics need to stop before they escalate.

In the last week the majority of the posts on ATD have been about Ian. It is obvious that their actual interest in Argyle is nil.

Under instruction someone posted a link on Facebook and got minimal comments apart from ridicule of the poster, sums it up really.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It doesn't worry me though HC. My inbox had to be cleaned up last night, as I had reached 5000 PMs.

Amongst them (and a lot) were from people saying they don't want to 'get involved' but support everything I do. They're the people that count.

May 16, 2016
HC Green":3a6wbjam said:
Leigh Rapson":3a6wbjam said:

In the last week the majority of the posts on ATD have been about Ian. It is obvious that their actual interest in Argyle is nil.

Under instruction someone posted a link on Facebook and got minimal comments apart from ridicule of the poster, sums it up really.

There's often comment on Freechat to go read up on things at ATD. I did and it quickly became apparent that the same small core of Posters have basically spent the last 6 years or so, making the same post everyday ! Not one of them has noticed that it's not made the slightest bit of difference to anything at HP.

For an 'alternative' Site, it seems to be totally reliant and driven by whatever's posted on here. (Especially useful for those in the ATD next Post sweepstake), It's an incredibly spiteful place driven by an obvious jealousy. The occasional rewrite of events brings out a new box of outrage. Apparently, everyone else is a dumb thick janner with their head in the sand that wasn't around during Administration.

Jul 25, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2b8knng5 said:
Richard Allan":2b8knng5 said:
with-menace":2b8knng5 said:
Maybe I’m one of the few in the dark here but until we know mr Brents total net personal loss or profit during his chairmanship I’m a bit puzzled as to how anyone can be either fanatically pro or anti? Maybe one of those who’re obviously in the know can enlighten me?
I know mr McCauley spent a large sum from his personal fortune but didn’t seem to be awfully popular.

If shouldn’t matter if he made a personal loss or gain on the club?

Club has a wage structure, club is sustainable, improved year on year. Finances are published. Fan / management meetings are regular (but often poorly attended)

Can only assume there is a little bit of jealousy somewhere ...?

I read it that way too. I would however make the point that it is not an easy step going into ownership of a League club expecting it to be a profit making step. The owner is heavily reliant on the manager in situ and a group of players, whom he has not selected. When the wheel of on-field success turns against his owner, his/her only remedy is either to lash out money on more players and try to off load existing non-performers. This is not an easy task, when money is short. Lastly, the sole remaining remedy is to change the manager, probably somebody who has been sacked before at another club, or somebody completely inexperienced in the role. We can only look at the likes of Stoke and Swansea this season, to see how little impact the owner had on trying to retain their particular League status. You need to be a brave man to be Club owner and be prepared to 'lose one's shirt' rather than reap any profit.
Well that was a long winded effort to not answer my question
BTW I think you’re possibly confusing jealousy with envy.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
I'm honestly not interested in the politics of it all.

All I can see is that the club has moved forward under JB. I've been lucky enough to have been sat with him at a couple of games, to say he has no interest in football is lies. Furthermore from what I've seen he's a bloody good bloke too.

If he can make money out of it then good for him, if that means more money for the club then good for us.

That said, and he's said as much himself... If someone else wants to come in and invest to the next level, then bring it on.

All I care about is Argyle