Time for DA to go please board | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for DA to go please board

The future of Derek Adams?

• Stay

Votes: 205 53.8%
  • Go

Votes: 120 31.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 14.7%

• Total voters

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Define a green tint.

I am probably one but I have to admit that I am more concerned and less confident now than I was at this time last year.

May 22, 2006
Not sure what experience Holloway has of bailing teams out. I say this through gritted teeth but what we need is a Pulis type who can shore up the defence, get some shape back, cut out the deadwood and get us organised.

Also hasn't Holloway kind of burned his bridges here? It was eleven years ago but people still go on about it.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":znjk8xst said:
Define a green tint.

I am probably one but I have to admit that I am more concerned and less confident now than I was at this time last year.

Yep you were one I was thinking of mate along with Knibbsworth, Crownhill and GA1984 and a few others although I now think GA 1984 is the same bloke as the club twitter account :)

Nice you to replied and if you are starting to think its dire I am listening.

L

luckycoopertupac23

I believe he has got the next two games at home, no change he will walk :sigh:

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Was on the fence but now want a change. Weighing up his reign I see it as this,One promotion from the basement league,2 failed attempts,limping out of promotion.The squad being dismantled every season yet youth not given a real chance,even in pre season which all have been been poor.Boring style of play.For those who say hes been a success then why isnt his name ringing out from the terraces, Sadly hes never won the fan base over which considering his alleged success has been a problem.

Feb 2, 2007
cornishbob":2kbqwmyi said:
Was on the fence but now want a change. Weighing up his reign I see it as this,One promotion from the basement league,2 failed attempts,limping out of promotion.The squad being dismantled every season yet youth not given a real chance,even in pre season which all have been been poor.Boring style of play.For those who say hes been a success then why isnt his name ringing out from the terraces, Sadly hes never won the fan base over which considering his alleged success has been a problem.

This isn't far off my view too. I was very vocal early last season that he should go then and even the surge of results we achieved didn't change my mind. I can count on one hand the games I've genuinely enjoyed since Derek took over and those have been against significantly inferior teams, either calibre of budget.

The worry is that the board are not footballing people, they will look at last season as a massive success story and expect a similar dramatic upturn this season, obviously not fussed by the lack of entertainment or developing our squad for success. As I've been saying since the Wycombe game this season is not last season, we haven't got the platform of talent to build off and there doesn't look like a Toums style saviour on the horizon. I understand why we haven't changed yet, as there is perceived credit in the bank with his track record but I don't believe this is the case.

I expect him to be given the rest of October but if results haven't improved his tenure will be untenable.

C

Charles Plym

His position IS untenable but we have a board that is either inept, uninterested or both. Plus tight as a ducks ass. So the fans can get stuffed and our opinion is irrelevant.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Charles.plym":tg6ldw7t said:
His position IS untenable but we have a board that is either inept, uninterested or both. Plus tight as a ducks ass. So the fans can get stuffed and our opinion is irrelevant.

I think you're talking about your opinion and many others who think the same. It would be wrong to assume that there's a consensus or even a majority.

Maybe things have shifted since Oxford, but the only measure we have (however reliable/unreliable) is the latest Pasoti poll which suggests more want him to stay than go.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Charles.plym":3p82hqxj said:

Most football fans base their opinion purely on emotion and the last couple of games, I don't want them to be listened to :lol:

Completely irrespective of the Derek Adams debate, if football clubs started acting on the majority opinion of fans they'd be even more short-termist, badly run and trigger happy than they already are.

Give me a board with a sound long-term strategy who can shut out the noise and concentrate on the big picture. Though the thing that worries me now is that we no longer seem to have that united vision, with the Brent/Hallett/Felwick disruption and - in my view - backwards looking appointment of Michael Dunford.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I know the buck stops with the manager but I still feel the players are letting us down and I'd rather a few of them were sacked before Adams.
The club are obviously not about to start sacking the players but some haven't got the bottle or fight to get us out of this mess.