Time for DA to go please board | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for DA to go please board

The future of Derek Adams?

• Stay

Votes: 205 53.8%
  • Go

Votes: 120 31.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 14.7%

• Total voters
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":216gribo said:
I know the buck stops with the manager but I still feel the players are letting us down and I'd rather a few of them were sacked before Adams.
The club are obviously not about to start sacking the players but some haven't got the bottle or fight to get us out of this mess.
namely?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":t5bhrrm5 said:
I know the buck stops with the manager but I still feel the players are letting us down and I'd rather a few of them were sacked before Adams.
The club are obviously not about to start sacking the players but some haven't got the bottle or fight to get us out of this mess.

I think there is no doubt we have a few under performing currently. However the Manager chose to sign them and we have heard before that we check out their characters etc to ensure their "fit". Either that isn't true or something went badly wrong in the research process for this summer.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
My question is what would happen in today’s situation if DA wasn’t on a long term deal? Would he be axed if he was say on a rolling 1 year contract?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Biggs":3okweeag said:
Charles.plym":3okweeag said:
His position IS untenable but we have a board that is either inept, uninterested or both. Plus tight as a ducks ass. So the fans can get stuffed and our opinion is irrelevant.

Most football fans base their opinion purely on emotion and the last couple of games, I don't want them to be listened to :lol:

Completely irrespective of the Derek Adams debate, if football clubs started acting on the majority opinion of fans they'd be even more short-termist, badly run and trigger happy than they already are.

Give me a board with a sound long-term strategy who can shut out the noise and concentrate on the big picture. Though the thing that worries me now is that we no longer seem to have that united vision, with the Brent/Hallett/Felwick disruption and - in my view - backwards looking appointment of Michael Dunford.

Agreed. If the club listened to me we'd have sacked Adams after Wembley. There's been a lot of revision re: Adams tenure in the past weeks or so. I can't believe for a second that anyone could genuinely think Adams hasn't improved our club in the time he's been here, even if he is undoing some of the good work at the moment.

A lot of the Adams out is stemming from the 'negative football' we play, but from the league one/two football i've seen in the past few years, very few teams turned up and played really good positive football. There are exceptions, like Peterborough this season, or Doncaster in the past few years. But Peterborough are spending millions each transfer window, which we can't compete with. To be honest, we haven't played attacking and positive football since Ian Holloway left and Adams has done it better than his predecessors.

Unfortunately, this season is now about staying up regardless of what style of football we play. Then we can hit the reset button if needs be. Hopefully if we recruit well in January this year, there will be less turnover in the summer next year, irregardless of who is in charge.

Part of the reason I'm not Adams out yet, is I don't believe over the course of this season anyone else would get much better out of this group. We've recruited some players that simply aren't good enough and some of our better players do better because they perfectly fit Adams style. Getting a new man in now to take the reigns with that setup would lead to more failure in my opinion. I think Adams can get the results to keep us up and that'd be the time to reset if needs be, giving a new man a full pre season and transfer window with his squad. Due to DA's critical role in the whole footballing setup at the club and the current changing face of the structure above him, trying to replace him now is a really balls out move and as a club, I don't think we're in a position to do it so he will inevitably keep his job for the foreseeable future.

Jan 6, 2004
Nobby, with a performance like that on Saturday there is something seriously wrong at the club. The team are not performing to professional standards, seriously. Something needs to change, either Adams or whatever or whoever else is causing the problems. If nothing changes we will not get the points we need and be down by Easter.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Green_Flash":d7ck3n6d said:
Nobby, with a performance like that on Saturday there is something seriously wrong at the club. The team are not performing to professional standards, seriously. Something needs to change, either Adams or whatever or whoever else is causing the problems. If nothing changes we will not get the points we need and be down by Easter.

Yeah Saturday was a joke, I don't dispute that. The previous two games collected four points and particularly at Barnsley we played well.

I still believe that the strongest XI of this squad is capable of better and we'll start picking up points. Although that is a waining belief. I just think there's a lot to consider when it comes to sacking a manager, not just results, and Adams is currently more than a manager here which makes it even trickier.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":34c1j2ha said:

Refreshing that he doesn't dress up (or over criticise) the booing. We all know that players (Like GC) can be fantastic on their day, booing is a way of showing how disappointed you are in that players like him have not played to the level we expect (hope for).
I will clap them on on Saturday, I may boo them off if I think they deserve that (human) reaction.

Jul 12, 2016
Agree with Charles.plym. Adams signed this duff players and what makes you think he can do any better in January?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
oldage":yoij0uvb said:
Agree with Charles.plym. Adams signed this duff players and what makes you think he can do any better in January?

Exactly. Do we really want him going around signing more crap players that he'll either not play or we won't be able to get rid of?

I

I'mArgyleinDubai

Nobby":jtotoit4 said:
Biggs":jtotoit4 said:
Charles.plym":jtotoit4 said:
His position IS untenable but we have a board that is either inept, uninterested or both. Plus tight as a ducks ass. So the fans can get stuffed and our opinion is irrelevant.

Most football fans base their opinion purely on emotion and the last couple of games, I don't want them to be listened to :lol:

Completely irrespective of the Derek Adams debate, if football clubs started acting on the majority opinion of fans they'd be even more short-termist, badly run and trigger happy than they already are.

Give me a board with a sound long-term strategy who can shut out the noise and concentrate on the big picture. Though the thing that worries me now is that we no longer seem to have that united vision, with the Brent/Hallett/Felwick disruption and - in my view - backwards looking appointment of Michael Dunford.

Agreed. If the club listened to me we'd have sacked Adams after Wembley. There's been a lot of revision re: Adams tenure in the past weeks or so. I can't believe for a second that anyone could genuinely think Adams hasn't improved our club in the time he's been here, even if he is undoing some of the good work at the moment.

A lot of the Adams out is stemming from the 'negative football' we play, but from the league one/two football i've seen in the past few years, very few teams turned up and played really good positive football. There are exceptions, like Peterborough this season, or Doncaster in the past few years. But Peterborough are spending millions each transfer window, which we can't compete with. To be honest, we haven't played attacking and positive football since Ian Holloway left and Adams has done it better than his predecessors.

Unfortunately, this season is now about staying up regardless of what style of football we play. Then we can hit the reset button if needs be. Hopefully if we recruit well in January this year, there will be less turnover in the summer next year, irregardless of who is in charge.

Part of the reason I'm not Adams out yet, is I don't believe over the course of this season anyone else would get much better out of this group. We've recruited some players that simply aren't good enough and some of our better players do better because they perfectly fit Adams style. Getting a new man in now to take the reigns with that setup would lead to more failure in my opinion. I think Adams can get the results to keep us up and that'd be the time to reset if needs be, giving a new man a full pre season and transfer window with his squad. Due to DA's critical role in the whole footballing setup at the club and the current changing face of the structure above him, trying to replace him now is a really balls out move and as a club, I don't think we're in a position to do it so he will inevitably keep his job for the foreseeable future.

An awful lot of sense in these two posts. DA has proven over the last 3 years that he is a very capable manager. He has earned the right to be given time to fix this mess.

I'm proud to support a club that doesn't sack the manager as soon as they have a bad run. DA has certainly made mistakes in the transfer market this summer, but you'd get that with any manager. He is still the same man who found Carey, Fox, Bradley, Taylor, Lameiras, Matthews, and Vyner etc.

When people talk about Adams playing boring football, they seem to forget about the great football we played during our winning streak in the second half of last season. We all recognise that this season has been dreadful so far, and Saturday was an awful performance, but we were actually 1 point worse off at this stage last season and look how we turned that around.

It's frustrating as hell, but if we can survive this year, write it off as transition year, clear out the mistakes and learn from it, I believe we can have a big push for promotion next year with a settled infrastructure and slightly better playing budget.

For those reasons I'm still DA in.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Gary_Wills":33m4adfs said:
Basically saying clap the team off, even after that! What a melt.

Yeah. Not really sending out the right kind of message is it? Although as I say I can't picture Mr Brent giving Adams the hairdryer treatment, more likely to be giving him the foot spa treatment

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tugboat":3pfml1xq said:
My question is what would happen in today’s situation if DA wasn’t on a long term deal? Would he be axed if he was say on a rolling 1 year contract?

That’s a valid point. I honestly think if DA was not on a long term deal then he would be gone by now.