Transfer rumour round-up | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer rumour round-up

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Kevin_Gollop":20h0p2jc said:
From the dubious looking @elsources Twitter account: AFC Wimbledon defender Jonathan Meades is set to join Plymouth Argyle after rejecting a new contract from his current club. He is the second of a number of players to leave AFC Wimbledon this week after Darius Charles departed to join fellow League One club Wycombe. #pafc #Afcw

Meades is a 6ft 1in left back. Could provide cover for Sawyer or, put him under pressure. I think at his advancing age, he needs competition to maintain standards.

Aug 5, 2016
Isondil":w3lgxr1e said:
As Green Giant says. You see the reports on Ladapo being. PL striker. Is your Championship gk an actual championship gk or a reserve keeper who has never played in the Championship?

Freddie Ladapo made an appearance in the Premier League last season for the club that paid his wages. What else would you describe him as?

When you heard Argyle were in to sign (not loan) a Premier League striker, who did you think we were after? Shane Long, James Rodriguez, Danny Ings, Marcus Rashford?

I wonder if Truro would feel upset if they were in for a League One forward, and Alex Fletcher turned up instead of Jack Marriott.

Nov 22, 2006
Kevin_Gollop":oyqni1wq said:
From the dubious looking @elsources Twitter account: AFC Wimbledon defender Jonathan Meades is set to join Plymouth Argyle after rejecting a new contract from his current club. He is the second of a number of players to leave AFC Wimbledon this week after Darius Charles departed to join fellow League One club Wycombe. #pafc #Afcw

I don't often beleive things on twitter with no proof behind them but I sent a message to a Wimbledon supporting mate of mine who told me parts of there fanbase seem to think there's a realistic chance this one is going to happen, no insider knowledge or anything like that just fan to fan chat but it's a possibility someone who Adams will know of (played against us on that day at Wembley) can play full back and in midfield and would fit into our wage structure

Not saying it's definitely going to happen but quite possible contact has been made

Aug 3, 2017
I’m not naive enough to think we were signing any of the players you mention. The point is a single PL appearance in 2 years and a loan at Shrewsbury for 25 games hardly qualify as ‘sign a PL striker’. More like ‘Argyle sign striker from PL club’.

You’ve seen it again today Knibbsworth. ‘Plymouth Argyle swoop for PL goalkeeper in season long loan’. Burgoyne isn’t a PL keeper. He’s a keeper who plays with a club that only just returned to the PL. He hasn’t even warmed the bench in the PL yet nor made a cameo appearance in the PL.

The Herald’s 11 word headline could instead read ‘Argyle loan goalkeeper from premier league club’. 7 words which offer both brevity and clarity in comparison.

I’d like to see accurate headlines and claims not vaguely veiled headlines or claims with no sense of actuality. I merely asked as we were dropping to Championship in the post. I may be naive enough to think that Argyle may actually be able to pick up a player that have played 25 or more Championship games.

Therefore what is wrong to ask ‘is this a player that has actually experienced playing in the Championship. Alternatively is it another word folly for a loanee that’s been plying trade elsewhere but the parent club is in the Championship?’.

Oct 24, 2013
Isondil":220uxqrf said:
I’m not naive enough to think we were signing any of the players you mention. The point is a single PL appearance in 2 years and a loan at Shrewsbury for 25 games hardly qualify as ‘sign a PL striker’. More like ‘Argyle sign striker from PL club’.

You’ve seen it again today Knibbsworth. ‘Plymouth Argyle swoop for PL goalkeeper in season long loan’. Burgoyne isn’t a PL keeper. He’s a keeper who plays with a club that only just returned to the PL. He hasn’t even warmed the bench in the PL yet nor made a cameo appearance in the PL.

The Herald’s 11 word headline could instead read ‘Argyle loan goalkeeper from premier league club’. 7 words which offer both brevity and clarity in comparison.

I’d like to see accurate headlines and claims not vaguely veiled headlines or claims with no sense of actuality. I merely asked as we were dropping to Championship in the post. I may be naive enough to think that Argyle may actually be able to pick up a player that have played 25 or more Championship games.

Therefore what is wrong to ask ‘is this a player that has actually experienced playing in the Championship. Alternatively is it another word folly for a loanee that’s been plying trade elsewhere but the parent club is in the Championship?’.

Does it really matter? It’s semantics. The players are ours, regardless of where they came from.

Jul 12, 2016
homeparkbythesea, what I don't understand is you stated" just waiting for said team to get their cover in place" What cover would Wolves need for this goalkeeper?

Apr 30, 2017
oldage":3sbk696d said:
homeparkbythesea, what I don't understand is you stated" just waiting for said team to get their cover in place" What cover would Wolves need for this goalkeeper?
They want a new Number 1. Burgoyne was third-choice, so would of held off before letting him go immediately. Wolves are rumoured to have agreed a deal to sign Rui Patricio.

H

homeparkbythesea

oldage":wadrtidj said:

Wolves wanted to make sure they had their no.1 target secure before finalising the deal - I believe the announcement yesterday was a done deal a few days ago when we announced it. We were also interested in the Brentford keeper I mentioned if it fell through.

Jul 3, 2013
jimsing":2dytvfdi said:
Gillingham centre back coming, apparently, in the next few days.

A certain player who used to play with Fox at Crewe by any chance ? Surname the same as A certain pilgrim from the early-mid 90s.

May 29, 2018
Anyone have any idea of who DA might get in on loan ???. Someone's sisters friends mate who walks her dog might have heard something lol