Watford FA Cup Semi Final 1984 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Watford FA Cup Semi Final 1984

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
I remember older fans saying we did ok in the final until Everton scored then we went to pot with quite a young side and ofcourse Andy Gray scored a rather dodgy goal!

Nothing changes on that front..just the teams aren't as good as Evertpn were now!

O

oldfan

I remember losing my voice for three days afterwards through excessive singing and shouting. I also remember that Watford had the Holte End, we were in the away end weren't we - I definitely was - or am I losing it?

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
We had the away end, one side and half the Holt End?
I seem to remember we shared it with the Watford lot who sang "We're going to Wembley, youre not" which is normally harmless banter but on that day? Ouch!

Jul 1, 2006
What a day. Travelled on a Plymouth Corp' bus. Remember the banter & great feeling of pride, when the greens took to the pitch.
After the game, we (the bus load) were entertained at a social club, affiliated to Birmingham bus Co. Arrived back home (Cornwall) in the early hours of Sunday morning.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I was due to turn 15 a couple of days after the match.
Went up on Train D, which made a special stop at Lostwithiel thanks to the Milk Factory Social Club who had arranged for 16 people to go to the match.
Stood in the Whitton lane end, right at the top of the underpass where the groundsmen/St johns ambulance go in and out.
Made a wonderful banner out of a bedspread :lol:
Had my airhorn confiscated at the turnstiles :cry:
It was my first full season following Argyle.
It's where the mental illness took over for the rest of my life. 8)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
7 of us in total travelled up by 2 taxis as the coach failed to stop at our arranged pick up point.

Managed to squat on a coach to get a lift back whilst some of my mates stayed overnight chaperoned by Villa fans who were by all accounts brilliant. In the morning one of the Mums drove up to Birmingham to pick them up and bring them home - bless :)

N

NorfolkGreen

LG":22ukafi0 said:
Went up on Train D, which made a special stop at Lostwithiel thanks to the Milk Factory Social Club who had arranged for 16 people to go to the match.
Stood in the Whitton lane end, right at the top of the underpass where the groundsmen/St johns ambulance go in and out.

I was 13 and had the pole my PAFC flag was on confiscated, so I just hand the flag to wave. I was 13 and the pole was balsa (sp) wood!

Feb 26, 2008
A village
The only things I can remember about the day are being on a coach run by St Budeaux Working Men's Club (an education in itself for any 16 year old lad), a rousing chorus of "Janners here, Janners there, Janners every ****ing where" as we entered Brum, and prematurely celebrating Kevin Hodges goal bound shot as it was cruelly diverted by a wormhill. The rest, unfortunately, is a blur.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
NorfolkGreen":304q4svb said:
LG":304q4svb said:

I was 13 and had the pole my PAFC flag was on confiscated, so I just hand the flag to wave. I was 13 and the pole was balsa (sp) wood!
If i remember correctly, there was a bloke selling flags about 20 foot away from the turnstiles, where the stewards were promptly removing the poles :lol:

A

Anonymous

4897392110_1dd5047815.jpg

4897395022_55837948b7.jpg

I'm in the Beacon shirt.

Here's another 'crew' (Hello boys!! :))

4897398696_f07b6fcdbf_z.jpg

R.I.P Golly and Gary Davies. :(

Sep 2, 2008
Remember it well. Absolutely gutted when the final whistle went and to compound the misery a Watford fan behind me gave me a couple of pats on the shoulder saying 'the best team didn't win'. He was so bleddy right. One of the moments in my life I'll never forget.

Aug 10, 2006
IJN":2n5pgsxy said:

I'm in the Beacon shirt.

rip both sadly missed.gary had his pocket picked that day and all the petrol money.

Aug 10, 2006
loyal1970":1lb1dt9k said:
IJN":1lb1dt9k said:

I'm in the Beacon shirt.

rip both sadly missed.gary had his pocket picked that day and all the petrol money.
nice to see john about to light up in a petrol station.

Oct 1, 2006
Southwell
I was there - great day. I was also there at Southend where they had a banner out side on the wall saying "First steps to Wembley" how I laughed at that!!!

Also went to league game the following Monday or Tuesday up North somewhere (Barnsley?). That had to be the most surreal experience from 30,000 fans to 30 (well maybe fifty to a hundred - but you get the picture). Got some free tickets from the teams coach driver though.

Regards,