We are OFFICIALLY promoted! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are OFFICIALLY promoted!

Apr 9, 2011
Well done to all concerned at the club!
Just wondered who regulates the i follow site? I think possibly many older supporters i.e. over seventy might feel very reluctant to revisit HP WHEN it reopens. If the ground reopens to reduced capacity as has been muted i am quite sure many who fall into the above category would happily pay more to be able to view all matches on i follow especially if it meant more money going back to the clubs to compensate for the reduced attendances.

May 26, 2015
For me it is 8 down and 8 up in my lifetime, but 8 down and 7 up since I remember. Born 1956, so don't remember the 1959 Champions promotion, although my first game, apparently, was at 18 months old.

Anyway well done to all. I feel very happy about Argyle this morning, but obviously wish that circumstances were different.

Devon will always be Green and Black and White

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":rpd2d2gc said:
Lundan Cabbie":rpd2d2gc said:
PL2 3DQ":rpd2d2gc said:
For my Argyle career promotions have now pulled level with relegations: promotions 6 - relegations 6. :)

So you're back where you started

:greensmile:

Congratulations to everyone. I get the anti-climax mood because in any football supporters lifetime, these moments should create special memories of which this rotten pandemic has sadly robbed you.

'You' not 'us'. You dont feel part of it?

Do you really expect anyone to have "special memories" of another club's achievements? I was at Wembley in 2016 when Man United won the cup. Special memories for many of their fans but should I have felt a part of that?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":2ua1o2fb said:
Balham_Green":2ua1o2fb said:
Lundan Cabbie":2ua1o2fb said:
PL2 3DQ":2ua1o2fb said:
For my Argyle career promotions have now pulled level with relegations: promotions 6 - relegations 6. :)

So you're back where you started

:greensmile:

Congratulations to everyone. I get the anti-climax mood because in any football supporters lifetime, these moments should create special memories of which this rotten pandemic has sadly robbed you.

'You' not 'us'. You dont feel part of it?

Do you really expect anyone to have "special memories" of another club's achievements? I was at Wembley in 2016 when Man United won the cup. Special memories for many of their fans but should I have felt a part of that?
He has recently explained that he relies on Argyle for his ‘footy fix’ when he cannot watch his team, Palace, where he is a season ticket holder.
We should appreciate that he visits Home Park as a casual supporter, thereby contributing to our revenues.
Thanks for your congratulations, LC.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not many clubs bounce straight back - Scunthorpe 20th & Walsall 12th, both appointed new managers like ourselves. May be a strange promotion due to the circumstances but that doesn’t make it any less of an achievement - to regroup/rebuild & get straight back up in just a year.

Cobi Budge":10538hsd said:
Not many clubs bounce straight back - Scunthorpe 20th & Walsall 12th, both appointed new managers like ourselves. May be a strange promotion due to the circumstances but that doesn’t make it any less of an achievement - to regroup/rebuild & get straight back up in just a year.

Agree with this. Rewind 12 months and we were being linked with Hurst who, as it turned out, had a miserable spell with Scunny. Credit to the board for choosing the right man (or men!). Looking forward to the test in League One :)

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
Hope this is the right thread to post this in! Just some thoughts on the opportunities offered by promotion at this time.

Opportunity knocks for promoted Argyle

In an ideal world, of course, we wouldn’t have a pandemic able to wreak havoc on football in the first place. But, on and off the pitch, Argyle have to grab this opportunity with both hands and make it count. A better chance may never come along. Just imagine how successful the Greens may have been by the time we can watch them together again.