We are OFFICIALLY promoted! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are OFFICIALLY promoted!

Feb 15, 2005
Well done RL, SH and the lads but it seems a bit of an anti climax to me. Some tough days, weeks and months ahead for all football and let’s hope we get through it. Looking forward to going to a game again.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lousy_Pint":2xum7bo9 said:
chave":2xum7bo9 said:
Congratulations from a Pompey fan, missed playing you this year!

:thumbs: Cheers mate
Cheers!! Good luck in the playoffs. I’m sure you would prefer to be missing playing us again next season.
We’ll meet again!!!

Jun 27, 2019
Beacongreen":gou183ey said:
Well done Ryan Lowe and all the staff home park. Looking forward to Argyle v Bristol rivers

The team we've just played four times in one season?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Heathrow Green":36018zd4 said:
A great achievement by all involved. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I suspect that the circumstances of the promotion are why it feels to me like something of an anti-climax.
The only anti-climax is that we would have gone up as champions.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":18ztji1q said:
Well done to the players, Lowe and his back room team and finally the chairman & boardroom team.

Everyone played a significant part.

Firstly, Simon Hallett. Thankyou. Without you, and of course Jane, there wouldn’t be a visionary Argyle. Your financial support has been truly magnificent. Yet it’s more your calming, supportive words l appreciate. We finally have a chairman who has a real connection between the boardroom and the fanbase.

The players have put in such a great effort. Especially when you consider the new style of play we have tried to implement this season. Every time we were soundly beaten we bounced back. That showed a real determination by the players. Especially as they stuck to the footballing principles that Lowe and his staff set out.

Finally Ryan Lowe. When you think about the style of football we played this season, compared to last, it was like chalk n cheese. So to get the majority of last seasons squad playing that style and to get promotion is a fantastic achievement. Personally, l thought the playoffs were a realistic aim because of the huge job he had to do to turn our club around after relegation. Not only playing a different style, but getting results at the same time is a remarkable achievement. Basically he has improved players. To me, that is what a good coach does.

This all feels strange. However, a promotion hasn’t happened many times in my lifetime so despite how we have achieved it under the current circumstances l do believe we have many good memories to look back on. Most of all, you now go to Argyle games knowing that whether you win, lose or draw your going to see Argyle give it a go in every game. I think as a fan, that’s an exciting philosophy for your team to have.

Congratulations to all connected with the club. :scarf:

Well said. Concern now is Lowe will be in demand. Hopefully he can enjoy the rewards of his efforts next season unlike with Bury. Anxious times await.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1oexvynx said:
Heathrow Green":1oexvynx said:
A great achievement by all involved. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I suspect that the circumstances of the promotion are why it feels to me like something of an anti-climax.
The only anti-climax is that we would have gone up as champions.

I think not being able to celebrate on the pitch and with fans is a pretty big anti climax. I would have enjoyed that. Felt a connection with the manager and the way he played unlike with Adams.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Well I've had a nice evening celebrating in Fulwood Green's back garden (socially distanced of course). Argyle promotions are hardly common occurences, 7 in 57 years for me so I'm gonna enjoy it :scarf:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
It's funny, in my (relatively short) time supporting Argyle, we've had five promotions. Really not sure how to feel about this one, definitely some sort of anticlimax. Us young generation don't know how good we've had it...

Jan 6, 2004
Surely it is time for ifolllow to show every game with ramped up prices if necessary- more equivalent to price of a ticket - could be shown through amazon or sky platforms for more reliability and big screen experience

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For my Argyle career promotions have now pulled level with relegations: promotions 6 - relegations 6. :)

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":10mde91x said:
Argylegames":10mde91x said:
cheshiregreen":10mde91x said:
Great idea. Are you able to tell us all when spectators will be allowed back into grounds? :roll:

What difference does that make? They can still sell season tickets. A lot of fans will see it as a way of helping the club out financially.

My thinking is, at least part of the season, will be played behind closed doors. Are you suggesting the club offers STs at same cost for, say, 12 games in an empty stadium? That's the problem for the club I think. What to charge for streaming?

I follow was £10 a game last season. Some fans will pay more, some won't. Some ST holders may not want to pay same price to watch from their sofa as a seat at Home Park.

I wondered if club will offer something more flexible to cater for both options? We will probably know by end of week anyway.

I had a thought about this. Two ifollow games is roughly the price of one home ticket. Would it be feasible to offer a flexible season ticket that gave you home and away ifollow access which switched to a standard season ticket when we're allowed back into the ground? The away pass effectively making up the shortfall on the price between the ifollow ticket and the normal one? Personally I'd be happy with that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":by5jrgpu said:
For my Argyle career promotions have now pulled level with relegations: promotions 6 - relegations 6. :)

So you're back where you started

:greensmile:

Congratulations to everyone. I get the anti-climax mood because in any football supporters lifetime, these moments should create special memories of which this rotten pandemic has sadly robbed you.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":2j9rgqvj said:
PL2 3DQ":2j9rgqvj said:

So you're back where you started

:greensmile:

Congratulations to everyone. I get the anti-climax mood because in any football supporters lifetime, these moments should create special memories of which this rotten pandemic has sadly robbed you.

'You' not 'us'. You dont feel part of it?