What's your worst ever Argyle performance? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What's your worst ever Argyle performance?

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
PL2 3DQ":3drdn2dq said:
Away to Watford April 2010. It was only a 1-0 defeat but the performances of Damien Johnson and especially Bradley Wright-Phillips amongst others were an absolute disgrace.

Agreed about Johnson, I´ve said it mant times on here, THE worst performance of any Argyle player I´ve seen since 1961.

However the game at Macclesfield (a) lost 4 v 1, that was seriously bad. But Excreta away last year, sat in amongst that lot, seriously hurt.

Jul 14, 2008
Two come to mind.

The first was a 3-0 defeat at Millwall in the championship. We barely had an attack and Bobby Williamson just sat motionless in the dugout for the entire game.

The second was a 1-0 loss at Carlisle under Sheridan. In those days with him as manager, if we went 1-0 down away from home you knew the game was basically over. It really was a terrible performance and obviously made all the worse by the fact it’s such a long journey home.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That Carlisle game was poor. Headless chickens spring to mind.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":2oc5kwlw said:
Paul just think, the curtailment of the league prevented us from winning the aggregate score 5-4. :scarf:

It's a 'known fact' if you couldn't fulfil the return fixture, the single score simply didn't happen,
I will continue to say it, but I think we dodged a bullet when it was all curtailed because I could see them turning us over in front of the cameras and the big crowd.
Let's hope we avoid them in the draw tomorrow.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Disagree entirely, we were changing up a gear with our performances and they would have dived into their end of season mode, missing out yet again. :thumbup:

It’s all supposition though, we’re League One and they play Harrogate and Barrow.

Dec 4, 2011
Away to Leyton Orient in April 2000. It was my first away game outside of Devon and we packed the away section and created a brilliant atmosphere.

We hoped for a win in order to mount a play off push against a lowly Orient side. What we got was a gutless performance and a 3-0 loss. I remember thinking it was odd that the players left Home Park the same time as us supporters, someone said that the chairman wouldn’t pay for a hotel.

I remember singing “we’re poo and we know we are” and Errington writing something like “committed, passionate and consistent, unfortunately that could only be directed to the Argyle supporters and not the players”.

Apr 30, 2006
We were abysmal in our 2-0 defeat v Stourbridge in the FA Cup.

I also remember us being abject in a 5-0 defeat at West Ham in the championship, but that was partly because they were very good with 39 year old Teddy Sheringham ripping us apart.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Cobi Budge":2gczr1sg said:
York 2 Argyle 0, under Sheridan, we were horrifically bad and it was such an anticlimax considering we'd beaten Exeter a couple of days before. York were also on some ridiculous losing streak at home prior to the game.

Another vote for this match. Argyle were absolutely shocking. League survival was at stake & there seemed no fight.

I trudged out the ground convinced Argyle were gonna be a non league club at the end of the season.

Mar 8, 2016
Been far to many to list, we’ve been so poo over the years it’s quite depressing. But it makes the good time a feel so much better.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Stourbridge away in the cup. Raining. Trudge across a muddy field to a temporary stand. The spectre of administration. An awful performance with a patched together side. Bignot getting sent off. The only entertainment was a mild fracas amongst the disgruntled Argyle fans. Remarkably, we still had 400 off there for that game. It really was a low point.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
There have been several poor performances in my 50-odd years of supporting Argyle, but I don’t remember feeling as angry as I did at Ipswich one year - 1986 I think.

We lost 0-3 and as we hardly got out of our half the whole game, the scoreline could have been a lot worse.

Jun 27, 2019
Yes, Stourbridge was awful, but have you all erased Dorchester from your minds? By far the worst I have ever seen an Argyle side play. We were poor even before Hourihane was sent off, but once he went off we were made to look like part-timers by a team of... well, part-timers. Even an Exeter loanee scored for them.

The worst I've felt after a game would definitely be the Wimbledon playoff final. If we get back to one of those again I'm not sure I'd go.