Wigan v Argyle match thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wigan v Argyle match thread

Jul 12, 2016
demportdave":1j313nga said:
oldage":1j313nga said:
Fergy":1j313nga said:
I agree with the comments in relation to Mayor to an extent but he is still head and shoulders above anybody else in our squad. We would be really toothless without his creativity.
We are toothless with his so called creativity. I notice RL hasn't even mentioned the abysmal second half showing in his post match report. Unbelievable!
I watched the full post-match interview and in fairness to Lowe, he was clearly frustrated that we hadn't won the game and he was critical of the players, including Mayor, for their lack of compusure and quality in front of goal.

Compared to the utter rubbish that we heard recently from the vastly over-rated Gareth Southgate, gushing in his praise for the England players after another boring, negative performance against Denmark, I thought Lowe's comments were pretty honest and realistic.
I was referring to the post match comments I read. i did not watch him being interviewed in which case I apologise.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":2a9yy2eh said:
oldage":2a9yy2eh said:
Fergy":2a9yy2eh said:
I agree with the comments in relation to Mayor to an extent but he is still head and shoulders above anybody else in our squad. We would be really toothless without his creativity.
We are toothless with his so called creativity. I notice RL hasn't even mentioned the abysmal second half showing in his post match report. Unbelievable!

An honest question Oldage, do you want Ryan Lowe to be the manager of Plymouth Argyle? Because I'm not sure I've ever seen you post something positive about the man who got us promoted at the first time of asking last season and who has secured a solid start to life in League 1.
RL certainly says the right things and is charismatic but I am not convinced he is as good as he thinks he is. I am concerned that he is not tough enough with the players and having been a striker struggles to manage the defensive aspects of the game.
I hope he continues to have success with us but feel he has a lot to prove yet.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":hgv2saoy said:
Balham_Green":hgv2saoy said:
GreenThing":hgv2saoy said:
It’s not nonsense just because you don’t agree.

Ok its nonsense in my opinion. You can't disagree with lack of goals or assists. How does that work out for an 'exceptional' player?'.

Read the post, it’s not that difficult to understand. Mayor is an exceptional player who for some reason is underperforming. In my opinion.

So you contradicted yourself. An exceptional player who doesn't produce?? Doesn't make much sense to me. :crazy:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It makes perfect sense. No point explaining further as you obviously wouldn’t understand. Night night.

Sep 6, 2006
No need to be rude. Assure you there is nothing wrong with my cognitive skills. Probably at least as qualified as you are. Probably more so as you clearly are unable to explain yourself properly. Does not make 'perfect sense'. He's an exceptional player just doesn't produce it is what you are saying yet you are unable to see the contradiction. No point explaining further as you say because you can't. You said it yourself. 'It comes to nothing'! You don't get points for artistic merit you know?!.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":2oqx59a3 said:
No need to be rude.

QH3FkTT.gif

Nov 2, 2004
Watch the extended highlights and Mayor was positively involved in all of our good play .He took the right option every time and created great opportunity's for others . The highlights did not even include his brilliant 1st half around the corner pass which set Hardie free in the box, sadly Hardie messed it up. He has played really well in the free role and I hope we continue with it.

Jul 12, 2016
ealinggreen":3u6opatc said:
Watch the extended highlights and Mayor was positively involved in all of our good play .He took the right option every time and created great opportunity's for others . The highlights did not even include his brilliant 1st half around the corner pass which set Hardie free in the box, sadly Hardie messed it up. He has played really well in the free role and I hope we continue with it.
Has been said a number of times this site is all about opinions.
I have been underwhelmed with his displays since he signed for us and have seen little lately to make me change my mind.
It's like buying a prize bull only to find he's impotent.

Jul 18, 2011
oldage":26ezcatf said:
ealinggreen":26ezcatf said:
I have been underwhelmed with his displays since he signed for us and have seen little lately to make me change my mind.

You seem to be an expert in bull.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
This is the same Danny Mayor who was voted by his fellow pros into last year's team of the season ? What do they know, they only have to actually play against him week in week out :crazy:

Jul 12, 2016
[iframe]W[/iframe]
Abbotts Ann Green":2ivc5nqi said:
oldage":2ivc5nqi said:
ealinggreen":2ivc5nqi said:

You seem to be an expert in bull.[/quote

I certainly know b.ll s..t when I read it!

Jul 12, 2016
German Shepherd":10927v52 said:
This is the same Danny Mayor who was voted by his fellow pros into last year's team of the season ? What do they know, they only have to actually play against him week in week out :crazy:

Last years? In case you haven't noticed we were "promoted" this year! We are in a different division now :facepalm:
You will not get me to change my mind about Mayor only he can do that.

Jun 27, 2019
oldage":3dgdkjvd said:
German Shepherd":3dgdkjvd said:

Last years? In case you haven't noticed we were "promoted" this year! We are in a different division now :facepalm:

You seem to think it matters whether people can change your mind or not. It doesn't.

Danny Mayor is the first name on the team-sheet, and that isn't going to change while Ryan Lowe is at the club

Sep 6, 2006
WoodsyGreen":2o7ynhlh said:
oldage":2o7ynhlh said:
German Shepherd":2o7ynhlh said:

You seem to think it matters whether people can change your mind or not. It doesn't.

Danny Mayor is the first name on the team-sheet, and that isn't going to change while Ryan Lowe is at the club

I don't think there are many saying he is not a good player. Just over-rated that's all. There is a sense of inevitability about his mazy runs. You just know nothing will come of it. Perhaps the strikers are also to blame.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":23621roa said:
WoodsyGreen":23621roa said:
oldage":23621roa said:
German Shepherd":23621roa said:

I don't think there are many saying he is not a good player. Just over-rated that's all. There is a sense of inevitability about his mazy runs. You just know nothing will come of it. Perhaps the strikers are also to blame.

The question is: is Danny Mayor considered over-rated simply because he’s not as good as people thought he would be, or is he considered over-rated because he’s not the type of player they expected him to be?

The comparisons to Carey/Lameiras made everyone think goal scoring attacking midfielder. That’s not his game. He’s a box-to-box midfielder whose strength is on the transition.

If he had signed this summer as a replacement for Sarcevic (who he is more similar to positionally) everyone would be raving about him.

He does need to score more goals, but it would help if we stopped lumping it over his head. Every chance he has on goal he tends to make for himself.