Will you celebrate... | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will you celebrate...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":2ygk9uud said:
Bermudian Green":2ygk9uud said:
X Isle":2ygk9uud said:
No, I won't.

All it means is we reset back in L1. Back to where we were before, before we f**ked up 2018/19. No better off, no worse off, just back to square 1.

Had we had our promotion winning game, our pitch invasion and our civic reception then it might feel like an achievement. Promotion by administrative decree does not feel like an achievement at all, least of all one worthy of celebration.

I will be totally 'meh' about the whole thing.

...and that's even WITHOUT reflecting on the fact that 36,000 people died here the first wave of this pandemic. To celebrate anything other than the saving of the estimated 464,000 who would otherwise have died without the action the nation took is quite frankly embarrassing.

OK, I'll bite. This was a question of whether we would celebrate being promoted, not about mourning the horrific number of deaths. So, am I happy to be promoted? Yes. Will I celebrate? Yes. Will I just ignore the deaths and carry on as though nothing had ever happened? No.

Is that the response you were looking for?

Well said. Usual superior tone by xisle as if he is the only one to recognize the tragedy rather thsn us lesser mortals.
Agreed, BG.
He starts his post using implied inappropriate language and bitterness about our relegation last season and then censors us with a ‘holier than thou’ attitude because we want to celebrate our team’s achievement.
Would we have preferred the season to be played to it’s intended conclusion? Of course we would, we may have been promoted as champions but because of this horrible pandemic that has brought different emotions to all our lives, particularly those who have lost family or friends but, surely, we are entitled to celebrate our achievement if our promotion on sporting merit is confirmed.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
This has to be the longest promotion party wait ever !
Cant really understand what is happening surely the clubs have decided how season will end and as such we are promoted ?
They cannot simply say we arent relegating anyone surely
I think easy option is to relegate Bolton and southend who are miles off the pace the issue then is you have altered league 2 promotion demographics and league 1 would still be one short

Aug 27, 2019
Celebrate life, celebrate achievement......be mindful of what has gone before but celebrate , yes! We should have gone up as champions but we're still going up! Celebrate swapping the likes of (lovely old) Morecambe for a 'local' at Pompey. Wont be going to Carlisle, Grimsby & possibly Barrow next year but Swindon, Bristol Rovers etc - what is not too like.
In awareness of how insignificant football is at the moment, would even like to see Excretia up via the play offs.... for the extra craic next year....

May even drive down to Home Park soon to stand o/s in a group of 6 or less & celebrate with family & friends - just to check my eyesight you understand!!

COYGs...We're going up, we're going up!!.

Jul 12, 2016
The delay is certainly taking the icing off the cake. Until it is 100% confirmed ,whenever that is, we cannot celebrate.