Will you celebrate... | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will you celebrate...

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Yes yes yes and yes. Couldn’t give a toss if there’s no parade or if we don’t go up on the pitch in front of the green army as I live 300 miles from Home Park and wouldn’t have been able to go anyway. League 2 is an absolute embarrassment of a division for us to be in and we’ve done enough over 37 games to prove worthy of promotion regardless of how the season is ended. Obviously the whole situation is awful and the corona deaths are extremely sad but any promotion will not be as a direct result of it, so the two aren’t linked to me. We’re currently third on merit and probably would have stayed there or higher if it played out to 46 games. So bring it on.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I definitely would have ... except this is going to be drawn out like a maiden aunts birthday.

It ssems the L2 clubs agree that we will be promoted, but this is then dependent on the EFL approval, and perhaps linked to the L1 decision.

So, you don't celebrate until it's certain - by which time the excitement is rather diminished.

Still, perhaps that means a series of minor "celebrations" - each one limited in nature, but extended over time.

Meanwhile our little mates up the line will be nervously biting their nails (again) ... and hitting the cow dip mixture or the meths ... again.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
AdelaideGreen":25tj57zs said:
I definitely would have ... except this is going to be drawn out like a maiden aunts birthday.

It ssems the L2 clubs agree that we will be promoted, but this is then dependent on the EFL approval, and perhaps linked to the L1 decision.

So, you don't celebrate until it's certain - by which time the excitement is rather diminished.

Still, perhaps that means a series of minor "celebrations" - each one limited in nature, but extended over time.

Meanwhile our little mates up the line will be nervously biting their nails (again) ... and hitting the cow dip mixture or the meths ... again.

Think what the EFL and FA has got to agree to is the Play Offs happening and no relegation from our league

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
Offered a few thoughts on celebrating promotion for Argyle Life. Hope you enjoy. :scarf:

Of course this promotion would be worth celebrating

To not celebrate promotion would be to refuse to take joy from something that already wasn’t a matter of life and death, before many of us entered a considerably miserable period of our lives. If we do not grant ourselves the right to draw happiness from a game close to our hearts during this sombre time, when on Earth can we?

Jan 27, 2012
If Argyle get to play in League One next season it would, of course, be very good news.

However, as promotion would have been handed to Argyle rather than being won on the pitch, it wouldn't represent the same sense of achievement as it has in previous seasons.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
gaspargomez":1dc8a1mb said:
If Argyle get to play in League One next season it would, of course, be very good news.

However, as promotion would have been handed to Argyle rather than being won on the pitch, it wouldn't represent the same sense of achievement as it has in previous seasons.

I don’t see it as we’ve had it handed to us, but agree with the overall sentiment. The moment has passed, the excitement of seeing the winning goal go in and the relief when the final whistle goes and we’ve held on and done it will not be there.

I’ll be pleased that we’ve gained promotion (when/if confirmed), but I won’t put on my dress and do the conga around the garden.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":2ulrwrzs said:

Would it be better than our last one?
There were complaints then because we didn’t win the league.
Of course, we will have won it on the pitch.
If we didn’t win the last 2 games on the pitch, we would have been preparing for the playoffs.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
gaspargomez":z55r42cj said:

Disagree with the comment that we didn't win it on the pitch and that it was handed to us.

We earned the automatic promotion because of what we did over the season, Just read through this site to remember the blood, sweat, tears and fingernails given to the cause - and that is just us supporters.

Well done Argyle!! :scarf:

I agree that there has been no final and precise moment of glory as the league slowly creeps towatd a final outcome with all the style of a bureaucracy trying to please it's masters.

For that reason we can't be certain until it is confirmed.

If for some reason we don't get promoted we would have been robbed.

Dec 3, 2005
This Bank Holiday weekend WOULD have been the weekend of the PlayOffs!
So by Monday evening EVERYTHING would have been settled and CONFIRMED.

Come on the EFL, please by Tuesday, come and give us ALL the confirmation, that we crave.
End of this weekend, the Season would have been over, let's have some sort of normality in these unnatural times :scarf: