Will you celebrate... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will you celebrate...

Jul 6, 2005
Cult Of Personality":1aosxvj7 said:
No.. because this promotion will have come because over 30 thousand people have died due to a horrible virus.

There is bigger things in this world then football
We don’t need a world-wide pandemic to understand what’s really important in this life.

If Argyle are promoted it will be because they were in the top 4 at the end of a season that had to be terminated because of a terrible and tragic event which has affected so many people. It’s not Argyle’s fault and it’s the same for all 24 teams in the Division.

I don’t think we are where we are in the table by luck, not after 37 games. I genuinely think we were one of the 4 best teams in the Division, but we will never know how it would have panned out over 46 games.

Most of us will be very happy if we are promoted but I doubt we will be much inclined to celebrate it in the usual fashion,

Aug 12, 2018
I fear it will be more of a clenched fist followed by the swift realisation that without a major overhaul we are in a survival battle next season with 4 teams going down. Playing behind closed doors will be worse for us than any other team because we would expect 10,000 every home game.

If the figures are right and we lose £1.3 M from not having the remaining fixtures, then the additional £300,000 that we get from being in L1 will leave us £1M down on the deal :banghead:

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":3jbxsq89 said:
Cult Of Personality":3jbxsq89 said:
No.. because this promotion will have come because over 30 thousand people have died due to a horrible virus.

We don’t need a world-wide pandemic to understand what’s really important in this life.

If Argyle are promoted it will be because they were in the top 4 at the end of a season that had to be terminated because of a terrible and tragic event which has affected so many people. It’s not Argyle’s fault and it’s the same for all 24 teams in the Division.

I don’t think we are where we are in the table by luck, not after 37 games. I genuinely think we were one of the 4 best teams in the Division, but we will never know how it would have panned out over 46 games.

Most of us will be very happy if we are promoted but I doubt we will be much inclined to celebrate it in the usual fashion,

Demport spot on as usual. Just to add not only do we deserve it(if promotion IS confirmed) but we had the momentum and did it always trying to play positive football(sometimes naively so e.g. Col. U away)

Sep 6, 2006
TruroTerry":2klqhqxx said:
I fear it will be more of a clenched fist followed by the swift realisation that without a major overhaul we are in a survival battle next season with 4 teams going down. Playing behind closed doors will be worse for us than any other team because we would expect 10,000 every home game.

If the figures are right and we lose £1.3 M from not having the remaining fixtures, then the additional £300,000 that we get from being in L1 will leave us £1M down on the deal :banghead:

Only on Pasoti do we find out we'll be in a relegation battle next season before we are even promoted. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Do you think nobody else will have similar difficulties?!

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Cult Of Personality":2d3bjn89 said:

Obviously we want our club promoted and under the current situation the formula devised for both promotion and relegation is in general fair although it won't suit all club's and fan's. But it's not in the way any of us would have wanted in normal circumstances. I would like to think that the club will deliberately underplay this promotion in respect of all the suffering and loss through this pandemic. Celebrate yes but be mindful of the cost to the thousands of people around the country and it's not over yet.
✌Victory over the virus

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
HC Green":3pnzpocp said:
Vampires11":3pnzpocp said:
???????????/ So you are saying if coronavirus had never happened we would not have got promoted????

We will never know. With nine games left there is just too much uncertainty to be 100% certain.

I think we could have been fairly confident of being promoted in third as a minimum. There was no sign of the Adams like traditional end of season collapse. We were getting stronger.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Have a celebratory friendly against them up the road ! Doing our but to help the little clubs survive would be great !! :greensmile:

Sep 13, 2003
I have a bottle of Bollinger on standby and intend to drink it if/when our promotion is confirmed!