Will you celebrate... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will you celebrate...

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
cheshiregreen":1n7fq2do said:
Devongreenowl":1n7fq2do said:
I will definitely celebrate, regardless of how we’ve achieved it. I think we were looking well placed to battle it out with Swindon and Crewe for the title and will thoroughly deserve to be in L1 next season. Maybe the club will have an official celebration at a pre-season friendly. If Ryan Lowe could get his mate Steve Gerrard to bring his Rangers side down, that would guarantee a full house I would have thought.

Social distancing? Half a full house? :lol:

Ha - I reckon sport will be back with full attendance by the autumn at the latest. Indoor stuff later. I’m trying to think positive. Just can’t see us not being able to gather in large numbers until next year.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":34nl8vni said:
I will. After 37 games - if that is determined as seasons end - we have shown ourselves the 3rd best team in the league. I will raise a glass although I may not jump around the house. Maybe a Pasoti zoom promotion party with us all bearing colours would be in order. Or maybe not..

Tbh I’m more concerned with how the hell next season gets going

Totally agree with your second comment...if no crowds allowed for the rest of the year then how on earth will L1/2 sides in particular cope with the reduced income.Basically lots of clubs will so bust etc

Apr 1, 2009
I think it would be suicidal for clubs to start a new season without spectators. Better to wait until crowds are allowed back. A number of clubs will go bust regardless, which may well mean that the divisions have to be re-jigged before "next" season starts.

No way can L1/L2 clubs fund a professional squad without gate income.

Oct 31, 2015
Umm yes I will celebrate.
:scarf:

To be honest if it did happen it would feel better than our last promotion playing that turgid "thou shalt not lose" crap. Particularly after the way the season collapsed in the last 10 games last season when there was no need :banghead:

But I am not counting my chickens yet.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I won't celebrate it until fans are back in Home Park and we know the Club has come through this and is still in one piece financially, despite Simon Hallett you can't take that for granted. Then very definitely !

Oct 31, 2015
Dorset Pilgrim":1bn42gls said:
I won't celebrate it until fans are back in Home Park and we know the Club has come through this and is still in one piece financially, despite Simon Hallett you can't take that for granted. Then very definitely !

I tell you what Dorset that is a fair point. Well made

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Kersie":21ziscsk said:
Too right I will be celebrating.....and waving bye bye to Exeter :funny:

My thoughts exactly. It would end up being a great season, especially with those up the road giving it large throughout most of the season - but yet AGAIN they couldn’t stay the course and bottled it.

I’ll certainly be celebrating if we go up by ‘Sporting Merit’ which would mean Swindon win the league, Crewe r/u and we would be promoted finishing 3rd.

:thumbup:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":3p3qrujg said:
WoodsyGreen":3p3qrujg said:
Anyone know how many weeks we were actually in the top three for? Can't be many.
One week before (29th February) we were 5th and Exeter were 3rd with same number of games.
Phew!!!

:lol: :D

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Hmmm. The leagues may look very different by the time things resume on the pitch - I can't see every EFL club surviving this so a radical rethink may be required as to league structures, numbers etc. :think: