Will you celebrate... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will you celebrate...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":1ie651cr said:
Anyone know how many weeks we were actually in the top three for? Can't be many.

I think the accurate answer is: Enough!! :scarf:

I'm with simon1:
' I don't think I would party/celebrate per se, but I imagine the first home game back with a full stadium would be epic.'

Just be great to be:
1) Alive!!
2) Out of League 2!!
3) In League 1!! :scarf:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Two promotions in two seasons for our manager?

Both coming in the most unusual of circumstances too.

Perhaps we should wait for confirmation before we get too carried away, although I know we are all desperate to escape this basement league.

IF we get promoted without playing any more games I'll feel relieved but not much else. I can't celebrate it with my dad or with my mates. There has been no tension, worrying, watching for other team's results when Argyle aren't playing, build up to huge promotion games, etc....and then the huge relief when we win a game that secures the promotion and the subsequent emotions. For me that's Bristol City in 1986, Darlo at Wembley in 1996, Rochdale in 2002, QPR in 2004, and Newport County in 2017.

I'd take it but not celebrate it. Football is not supposed to be won like this.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
WoodsyGreen":t43pj8on said:
Anyone know how many weeks we were actually in the top three for? Can't be many.
One week before (29th February) we were 5th and Exeter were 3rd with same number of games.
Phew!!!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
As most above - won't really celebrate but of course will be glad to go up. "Pleased" may be the best description!
Even then, reaction to being promoted will be tempered by the fact we've no idea when next season will start or indeed when we'll be able to go to games even when it does ...

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I will. After 37 games - if that is determined as seasons end - we have shown ourselves the 3rd best team in the league. I will raise a glass although I may not jump around the house. Maybe a Pasoti zoom promotion party with us all bearing colours would be in order. Or maybe not..

Tbh I’m more concerned with how the hell next season gets going

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I will definitely celebrate, regardless of how we’ve achieved it. I think we were looking well placed to battle it out with Swindon and Crewe for the title and will thoroughly deserve to be in L1 next season. Maybe the club will have an official celebration at a pre-season friendly. If Ryan Lowe could get his mate Steve Gerrard to bring his Rangers side down, that would guarantee a full house I would have thought.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Devongreenowl":27w7n5z1 said:
I will definitely celebrate, regardless of how we’ve achieved it. I think we were looking well placed to battle it out with Swindon and Crewe for the title and will thoroughly deserve to be in L1 next season. Maybe the club will have an official celebration at a pre-season friendly. If Ryan Lowe could get his mate Steve Gerrard to bring his Rangers side down, that would guarantee a full house I would have thought.

Social distancing? Half a full house? :lol:

Mar 29, 2020
At least going up with Swindon and Crewe it’s 2 good Away Days....better than going to Exeter or Colchester

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1lptjwvv said:
Devongreenowl":1lptjwvv said:

Social distancing? Half a full house? :lol:

If it is still 2m distancing then they say that 9% of capacity would be the maximum.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Yes to celebrating - as much as is possible anyway. And yes to us deserving it, 80% of the season is a sizeable chunk and we've worked hard to be in the position we're in.