'You don't win anything with kids'! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'You don't win anything with kids'!

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":2y5dpc2r said:
You tell me who made the errors then BG as you have so much to say about it. Most of the defensive errors this season have been made between Canavan and Wootton both 28. Mayor gave the ball away for one of the goals he’s 29.
Just exactly why are the younger players to blame for Saturdays bad result?

Well we know you werent there but at least look at the highlights. Bakinsaw doesnt track back and pick up the midfielder for the first goal, Grant has a terrible position for the 2nd. Sorry to be dealing in facts. That may be difficult for you. If you dont recognize the difficulties in playing with such young players you understand less than I thought.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Devongreenowl":2azunzjf said:
I heard somebody say Balham Green lives in a hippy crypt. Or at least I think that’s what they said.

How about talking about the post rather than having a go at the poster?

He has a point on the age thing. If there are youngsters playing we will be inconsistent and the odd really bad result will happen. The good news is that they have been winning a lot too.

Sep 6, 2006
Daz":20ug5ysb said:
Devongreenowl":20ug5ysb said:
I heard somebody say Balham Green lives in a hippy crypt. Or at least I think that’s what they said.

How about talking about the post rather than having a go at the poster?

He has a point on the age thing. If there are youngsters playing we will be inconsistent and the odd really bad result will happen. The good news is that they have been winning a lot too.

The voice of reason.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
In answer to BGs point, I think we will see a more experienced line up tomorrow night. Perhaps Byron and Mcfadzean as wing backs, Edwards in the middle.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":1osya3u0 said:
Average age of the side on Saturday was 24. Helps explain the shambolic performance and the basic errors.

What team would you pick for Tuesday, in that case?

Aug 5, 2016
I didn't realise 24 is now considered a 'kid'!

When the phrase was coined it referred to Scholes, Beckham, Butt, the Nevilles etc. who were under 21.

Even if you really regard our squad as kids, it hasn't stopped them winning regularly all season. I mean it has only suddenly become an issue in February after one defeat!

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":1kesieg3 said:
Balham_Green":1kesieg3 said:
Average age of the side on Saturday was 24. Helps explain the shambolic performance and the basic errors.

What team would you pick for Tuesday, in that case?

Taylor McFadzean and Edwards for a start. Drop Bakinsaw.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":2r43pb9v said:
I didn't realise 24 is now considered a 'kid'!

When the phrase was coined it referred to Scholes, Beckham, Butt, the Nevilles etc. who were under 21.

Even if you really regard our squad as kids, it hasn't stopped them winning regularly all season. I mean it has only suddenly become an issue in February after one defeat!

Totally right and most of the errors leading to goals this season have been from experienced defenders like Wootton and Canavan. The young lads have generally done well. jephcott, Hardie, Grant have been great. We didn’t have strikers scoring until the two young boys came in. Bakinson has also won a man of the match award at least once in his short time, it I accept that it sounds like he didn’t play well on Saturday. I must admit, if this is how bad the moaning gets when we are going well, I’m glad I wasn’t on here last season!

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Is BG being deliberately disrespectful in consistently calling Bakinson “Bakinsaw”, or have I missed some witty reasoning for him using that name?

Sep 6, 2006
metroace":178txrvp said:
Is BG being deliberately disrespectful in consistently calling Bakinson “Bakinsaw”, or have I missed some witty reasoning for him using that name?

Nope. Keep forgetting the spelling. That alright with you? Am sure Bakinson is not mortally offended.

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":1qmf9q7o said:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB4

Our squad is the fifth oldest in the league... :think:

I was referring to the team that started on Saturday Nobby.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It’s total boll**ks isn’t it? I mean, the most ineffective part of the side all season has been central defence. Average age 30!! Up front, our strikers just weren’t scoring until Jephcott and Hardie came into the side and there’s already people criticising them. You just couldn’t make it up. I suppose it goes on on most club's forums, but then most of them aren’t sitting well placed for potential automatic promotion.