'You don't win anything with kids'! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'You don't win anything with kids'!

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":3tsfzcx6 said:
Balham_Green":3tsfzcx6 said:
Quintrell_Green":3tsfzcx6 said:
Balham_Green":3tsfzcx6 said:
Don't_Panic":3tsfzcx6 said:
With threads like these I’m glad I mostly stay away from here, things really don’t change with some. OP starting a thread asking for people to comment on his poor point, but then gets annoyed when people don’t agree with him. What exactly do you want to achieve from this? A thread full of comments agreeing with you & praising how wise you are?

What is amazing(suppose I should have known) is how difficult people find it to understand a basic concept. i.e. that young players are learning their trade and will make mistakes as in any trade. Is that so ridiculous? Two of the goals conceded on Saturday were the result of young players not doing their job. In any event it is a point for discussion. That is the idea of this site I thought.
Just for the record Mr. Dont Panic I have no problem in people disagreeing but when it is in terms of 'pathetic' by an arrogant poster who thinks he knows all the answers then I DO have a problem. Can you see the difference there do you think? It is not a 'poor point' in my opinion as I have explained. If you think so what is your counter argument rather than just making some superficial judgement?
Quite simply playing young players is a risk. Sometimes you get away with it sometimes not, especially when playing against a good side away from home. Regarding the title I am more than aware that Man. U won the Prem with kids. I am not saying we shouldnt play younger players just that is a concern and sometimes you need to get a balance especially in the tougher fixtures.

I can absorb some of that, but I must say that in relation to your thread's original title you have given ground from, 'you don't win anything with kids'

The title was just an obvious link with the famous quote and the matter discussed. Seems you have to explain everything on here.

That being the case, I would suggest your original post should have been on The Football Forum and not Plymouth Argyle Fans Forum.

As it was linked to the youngish side WE fielded on Saturday that makes no sense at all!

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":2lb3mezn said:
Emu":2lb3mezn said:
Pogleswoody":2lb3mezn said:
BG posted, October 2019:

' .... it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I ... '

:think:

Post of the year Pogles. :D

It would be post of the year except for a minor point! I never wrote it. You may not have much to do with your time Pogles if you look back at posts from months ago but you owe me an apology. I would never advocate playing Randell. Never seen him play!

I have sent Pogles a message asking for an apology. As yet nothing forthcoming... :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":ixl4psr6 said:
Emu":ixl4psr6 said:
Pogleswoody":ixl4psr6 said:
BG posted, October 2019:

' .... it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I ... '

It would be post of the year except for a minor point! I never wrote it. You may not have much to do with your time Pogles if you look back at posts from months ago but you owe me an apology. I would never advocate playing Randell. Never seen him play!

Yes BG, I do owe you an apology. Didn't see this until today. Sorry to misquote you.

Sorry folks, sloppy research, rushing (dinner was ready!).

Mea culpa or mea badda to modernise. BG, my wrist is slapped, sorry. :oops:

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":1vvjrbej said:
Balham_Green":1vvjrbej said:
Emu":1vvjrbej said:
Pogleswoody":1vvjrbej said:
BG posted, October 2019:

Yes BG, I do owe you an apology. Didn't see this until today. Sorry to misquote you.

Accepted mate

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":30607w6e said:
Pogleswoody":30607w6e said:
Balham_Green":30607w6e said:
Emu":30607w6e said:
Pogleswoody":30607w6e said:
BG posted, October 2019:

:

Accepted mate

Thanks. Ok ... normal service resumes!!

How can you say you would never advocate playing Randell if you've never seen him!! You can say you couldn't advocate him now without seeing him .. but never?? ;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Meanwhile in the ‘normal’ non internet world, this thread is causing great amusement.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
And football is NOT A TRADE!

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1k95ys3n said:
Quintrell_Green":1k95ys3n said:
Balham_Green":1k95ys3n said:
Don't_Panic":1k95ys3n said:
With threads like these I’m glad I mostly stay away from here, things really don’t change with some. OP starting a thread asking for people to comment on his poor point, but then gets annoyed when people don’t agree with him. What exactly do you want to achieve from this? A thread full of comments agreeing with you & praising how wise you are?

What is amazing(suppose I should have known) is how difficult people find it to understand a basic concept. i.e. that young players are learning their trade and will make mistakes as in any trade. Is that so ridiculous? Two of the goals conceded on Saturday were the result of young players not doing their job. In any event it is a point for discussion. That is the idea of this site I thought.
Just for the record Mr. Dont Panic I have no problem in people disagreeing but when it is in terms of 'pathetic' by an arrogant poster who thinks he knows all the answers then I DO have a problem. Can you see the difference there do you think? It is not a 'poor point' in my opinion as I have explained. If you think so what is your counter argument rather than just making some superficial judgement?
Quite simply playing young players is a risk. Sometimes you get away with it sometimes not, especially when playing against a good side away from home. Regarding the title I am more than aware that Man. U won the Prem with kids. I am not saying we shouldnt play younger players just that is a concern and sometimes you need to get a balance especially in the tougher fixtures.

I can absorb some of that, but I must say that in relation to your thread's original title you have given ground from, 'you don't win anything with kids'

The title was just an obvious link with the famous quote and the matter discussed. Seems you have to explain everything on here.

What do you mean by "explain everything" ?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sounds to me like the kids battled away in adverse conditions last night. Poor pitch, rough weather, physical opposition, two long journeys in four days. As Pete Townsend once wrote - The Kids Are Alright :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Guiri Green":1puj55ce said:
Balham_Green":1puj55ce said:
Quintrell_Green":1puj55ce said:
Balham_Green":1puj55ce said:
Don't_Panic":1puj55ce said:

What do you mean by "explain everything" ?

:funny:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1ocm7tif said:
Balham_Green":1ocm7tif said:
Emu":1ocm7tif said:
Pogleswoody":1ocm7tif said:
BG posted, October 2019:

Post of the year Pogles.

I have sent Pogles a message asking for an apology. As yet nothing forthcoming... :whistle:

Can I just say (before we move on) that I did not see this particular post before I posted my apology. I just came late to the original comment from BG as I was not very well on Monday and Tuesday. Just saying, I do apologise when I'm wrong and (normally) do not need prompting to do so. Hve only just seen that I have a message as I did not get a message saying that I ... errrrmm ... had a message! :oops:

As I said, can we move on now gov? Crewe to beat!! :scarf:

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Pogleswoody":13sxdq6r said:
Balham_Green":13sxdq6r said:
Balham_Green":13sxdq6r said:
Emu":13sxdq6r said:
Pogleswoody":13sxdq6r said:
BG posted, October 2019:

Post of the year Pogles.

Can I just say (before we move on) that I did not see this particular post before I posted my apology. I just came late to the original comment from BG as I was not very well on Monday and Tuesday. Just saying, I do apologise when I'm wrong and (normally) do not need prompting to do so. Hve only just seen that I have a message as I did not get a message saying that I ... errrrmm ... had a message! :oops:

As I said, can we move on now gov? Crewe to beat!! :scarf:

Yes, the "offensive comments" were penned by SteveEvans. Only their mothers can tell 'em apart!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2cshk3sm said:
Lancastergreen":2cshk3sm said:
And football is NOT A TRADE!

Assuming the alternative is 'professional' what would you a 'barrister'?

I have a trade which required a lot of hard work and exams etc, other trades in the real non pampered world are such people as bricklayers as an example.
I do not recall having a course to attend or a class in school where you could learn the football trade.
It's total nonsense to use that word in this ridiculous world of over paid footballers.
I can kick, head, chest, thriw and catch, I can shoot, tackle and score, I can defend, it's not rocket science (though that's probably a trade), it's just football.
What exactly is the trade?

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Pogleswoody":3a0jz0ph said:
Balham_Green":3a0jz0ph said:
Balham_Green":3a0jz0ph said:
Emu":3a0jz0ph said:
BG posted, October 2019:

:

Accepted mate

Thanks. Ok ... normal service resumes!!

How can you say you would never advocate playing Randell if you've never seen him!! You can say you couldn't advocate him now without seeing him .. but never?? ;)

This is why I love Argyle fans - apology given, apology accepted, all in good spirit, then the slug match continues .... its brilliant entertainment! I don't think it would be as courteous on the Millwall fansite :lol: