Your favourite pasty? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your favourite pasty?

Your favourite pasty

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • The Gorge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Dashers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hingston's

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • The Original Pasty House

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Friary Mill

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Warrenā€™s

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • Lewis

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Philpā€™s

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Henderson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Pearce's Snacks

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Denzil's

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Annā€™s

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Plympton Bakery

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Homemade

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.6%

• Total voters

Tony Pastyman

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 1, 2008
https://www.helluvapasties.co.uk/contact-us/

This is the one. especially with extra pepper, you won't be disappointed.
A new pasty company making a move in South Sast Cornwall is Helluva Pasties. They are based near Newbridge Callington but sell in roadside booths one at Ellbridge layby near Hatt Salfash and another at St Ive layby on the Callington Liskeard road.
I was a strong supporter of Barnicutts in the early 2000s but I feel that as the company has grown the quality isn't so good.
Helluva for me, they deserve their own slot in the vote.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Anyone had a Lands End Pasty Co.
I was impressed with them when I had one recently

Up here in that they London we only get them or West Cornwall Co. pasties in general - for rip off prices i hasten to add!

Aug 17, 2005
Emu":1t57ewb5 said:
Anyone had a Lands End Pasty Co.
I was impressed with them when I had one recently

Up here in that they London we only get them or West Cornwall Co. pasties in general - for rip off prices i hasten to add!

West Cornwall co pasties that are sold in London is now owned by Samworth Brothers.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Lewisā€™s for me from that list. Though my favourite are from the butchers in st budeaux.
My fiancĆ©e wants to know where you can still buy Hendersonā€™s pasties ?

Ivorā€™s top of the list ! Maybe Chris Dawson was right , janners will buy any old tat.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
There are many things on this forum that have got my blood pressure up. But this takes the biscuit. Philpsā€™ at 5 percent! 5 PERCENT!!! And Dewdeneyā€™s over 30? I always knew you buggers up top had a screw loose and this proves it. Pearls before bleddy swine I tell ā€˜ee.

Phlipsā€™. The king of pasties. The Grand Cru of the Pasty world. And if Dewdeneyā€™s is any proof, as IJN reckons, that you invented them, then what you actually invented is a flat meat pie with grey meat and mush.

You people. Honestly

smudja

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Get Rowes up here in my local asda.. Morrisons selling proper Cornish ones that are fairly decent.. local bp sold them hot but changed to a baked bean n sausage.. Turkey one.. and now a shepherds pie pasty.. all made in Cornwall n shipped to Fife. I like a Philips in the post as they seem to travel better than dewdneys. Ginsters seem to have improved and reheat well in an oven but are still a long way down the list. What about hogs pudding..?

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
šŸŽ« ST Donor šŸŽ«
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
smudja":13u65gzv said:
Get Rowes up here in my local asda.. Morrisons selling proper Cornish ones that are fairly decent.. local bp sold them hot but changed to a baked bean n sausage.. Turkey one.. and now a shepherds pie pasty.. all made in Cornwall n shipped to Fife. I like a Philips in the post as they seem to travel better than dewdneys. Ginsters seem to have improved and reheat well in an oven but are still a long way down the list. What about hogs pudding..?
Essential in a fry up. :)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Got to be ivors, the others are mainly Cornish

Aug 5, 2015
What I donā€™t get is the ones with strange fillings like chicken tikka masala that you get in tourist places like Looe and Polperro. I always ask for a proper pasty.

Jan 7, 2013
Ivor Dewdneys Giants :)

Pilgrims second for me.

Can't stand Ginsters and Warrens, undercooked crunchy veg and spuds.

Keep meaning to try a Pearces snacks one.. will give them a go on my next cheat day :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Kentishgreen":2211wxqs said:
What I donā€™t get is the ones with strange fillings like chicken tikka masala that you get in tourist places like Looe and Polperro. I always ask for a proper pasty.

There's a filling station just off the A303 in Codford that used to sell Full English Breakfast pasties, they looked awful but the locals used to go mad for them. :facepalm:

Jan 7, 2013
IJN":21kd2eel said:
Kentishgreen":21kd2eel said:

There's a filling station just off the A303 in Codford that used to sell Full English Breakfast pasties, they looked awful but the locals used to go mad for them. :facepalm:
Morrisons sell these in their bakery (sausage, egg, bacon, beans and spuds) I must admit they are pretty good!