Your Favourite Pasty? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your Favourite Pasty?

Your Favourite Pasty?

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Gorge

• Rowes

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Barbican Pasty co.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Dashers

• Hingston's

• The Original Pasty House

• Friary Mill

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Warren’s

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Philps

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Henderson

• Pearce's Snacks

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Denzil's

• Ann’s

• Barnecutts

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Plympton Bakery

• Van by Home Park garage

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Homemade

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
saxman":2nrrqdaj said:
simon1argyle":2nrrqdaj said:
For me, overall the best is Hampsons of Hayle, but for traditional match day, it has to be from the Ivor van walking up to HP from the Brit

How can you forsake one of Cornwall's finest fo an Ivor? We always bring ours up from Hayle wrapped in insulation and suck em down in the garden of a local public house!

Hampsons must be quite some pasty to drive 30 odd miles west to buy it in Hayle, and then drive 70/80 miles east to attend Argyle, especially when you have Premier pasties on your local business park run by Frank Bradshaw and the lovely Fiona!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
saxman":zss0gyta said:
simon1argyle":zss0gyta said:
For me, overall the best is Hampsons of Hayle, but for traditional match day, it has to be from the Ivor van walking up to HP from the Brit

How can you forsake one of Cornwall's finest fo an Ivor? We always bring ours up from Hayle wrapped in insulation and suck em down in the garden of a local public house!

On match days, I get my pasty from the white van parked opposite the Brit on the junction with the
Life Centre car park. I’ve no idea whose they are, but they are a proper Cornish pasty and DEFINITELY NOT a mulched up mixture of slop in a non-Cornish pasty looking pastry, otherwise known as a dewdney.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Having grown up in Hayle and now being landlocked in lockdown in Gloucestershire, I occasionally dream of a Philips. A large. It’s like holding a small baby they are that big. And when at their best, pound for pound, no other pasty will touch them.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
My former in-laws were from West Cornwall and my then mother-in-law (God rest her) like most Cornish women, regularly made her own pasties which were great. Mine overlapped the plate by inches on either side and swiftly became forever known as a Bismarck, despite my father in law (GRH) having been in the battle to sink the Bismarck in WW2 as a young sailor on the Prince of Wales.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":34sikf6x said:
Ahh but do you like gravy with your chips?

I know they say you should try everything at least once, hence I have eaten a dudney pasty ONCE! However, this Yorkshireman has never ruined a plate of chips with gravy or cheese for that matter. Curry sauce at a push. Mushy peas always.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
IJN":35mzjl0z said:
I must admit I really don't understand cheesy chips. :sick:

I was in my local chippy in Preston & this bloke had chips with tonnes of grated cheese on top then covered that with lashings of graaavy. :sick:

They do love their gravy in Lancashire.

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
[quote="Devongreenowl"
Mine overlapped the plate by inches on either side

You can't beat a proper plate hanger! :nworthy:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
German Shepherd":20typ7p5 said:
IJN":20typ7p5 said:
I must admit I really don't understand cheesy chips. :sick:

I was in my local chippy in Preston & this bloke had chips with tonnes of grated cheese on top then covered that with lashings of graaavy. :sick:

They do love their gravy in Lancashire.

Wrong on every level. Be like having gravy on a pasty. Don’t tell me some people do!
Mind you, if I ever had to have another Dudney's I’d probably smother it in gravy, curry sauce, cheese and mushy peas to make it in some minor way palatable!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pilgrim Pasties, who went into liquidation in February, are back as a new company called Pilgrim Pastries.