Your favourite... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your favourite...

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Mike Bickle for me.I will never forget the impact he made when he burst onto the scene scoring goals for fun.Add that to the milkman bit and he was my hero big time .

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I was 16 through most of the 1979/80 season so I would have to say David Kemp, although he wouldn’t be anywhere near consideration for my all time favourite.

Aug 5, 2015
Mike Bickle. Remember him scoring 4 goals against Torquay on Boxing Day. My Dad thought I had a screw loose going to Argyle over Christmas.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Big Jim Hinch
I thought he was Dave Hill from Slade -you never saw them in the same room together!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
No-one.

At age 16 I had had no interaction or connection with Argyle whatsoever. My first memory of anything to do with Argyle was around age 17 travelling back to Bridgwater from Saturday afternoon hockey matches with Sports Report on the radio and the football results coming in. There was one guy who played for Bridgwater who was from or had lived in Plymouth and obviously had gone to Argyle matches. I remember him taking about being in the Devonport End. I’d guess he was in his 30s then so something like 65-75 now; called Roy Pomfrey if my memory is holding. It’d be funny if he was on PASOTI or someone knew him!

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
I was 16 in 1960, having my dad taking me to Home Park since 1957!

There was only one candidate for my favouritism - the one and only WILF CARTER :nworthy:

Jan 30, 2016
When I was 16 I lived in Bedford and supported Bedford Town in the Southern League. My Favourite player was a midfielder that assigned from Hearts -a guy called Danny Paton -he could teen on a sixpence. He was closely followed by the goalkeeper - called Derek Bellotti who must have come down here as I remember seeing his name in the local rags.

I moved down and started to support Argyle in 1972 and have enjoyed watching several good players that include Paul Mariner and Billy Rafferty, David Norris, Halmosi, Carey and more recently Major.

I just hope that somehow that remainder of the games get played - later or even behind closed doors so that this seasons efforts have not been in vain.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Garry Nelson. I know the logical pick from that team should be Tynan, but Garry had something special about him.

On a side note, I though Matthews was awful at the time. Fortunately I’ve learned a lot about football since then.